Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Please deactivate my account

Old 03-10-19, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Is the word whore prohibited from being uttered on this website? If so...I won't use it then. Problem solved, right? Don't allow the word to be used by any DVD Talk member, ever on any part of the website. I'm sure that's a common-sense approach to your argument. Oh wait, it's just DVD P who cant call people names, but the name-calling can go on for other members about Republican women, and you give them a pass.

How about all of us in the Teacher Sex With Student thread, and in many other posts on this website discussed about women in a "not-so-pretty" way.

In fact, what if I typed in the word 'whore"...I wonder what I would come up with.

495 threads.

And you are calling me out on 1 of them?

You have 494 more to alert the mods on.
You asked for an example, I gave you one. And, not surprisingly, it's met with whataboutism, and not just from you.

FWIW, I haven't reported a single post of yours to the mods. No idea where you got that from.

And that's pretty childlike to suggest you can't even use the word 'whore.' Of course you can use the word. What you can't do is just call a woman a whore because you don't happen to like her, as you've already been informed. If you don't like that, take it up with the mods.

Old 03-10-19, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
You asked for an example, I gave you one. And, not surprisingly, it's met with whataboutism, and not just from you.

FWIW, I haven't reported a single post of yours to the mods. No idea where you got that from.

And that's pretty childlike to suggest you can't even use the word 'whore.' Of course you can use the word. What you can't do is just call a woman a whore because you don't happen to like her, as you've already been informed. If you don't like that, take it up with the mods.
If a woman really is a whore...it's ok? How do we determine that. The word is used in many different ways.

So once again it's ok for you to use a word when it is convenient for you but not others.

What's childlike is going public on this forum to gain sympathy when this request should have been private. Which leads me to believe this is not about the user leaving at all, it's about attempting to gain support and sway the mods to ban one user or two because conducting a conversation in private with the mods about deleting an account, would be just that. Private. And it would have been a more sane and professional way to make such a request..

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 03-10-19 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-10-19, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
If a woman really is a whore...it's ok? How do we determine that. The word is used in many different ways.
Tell us. How did YOU determine it?
Old 03-10-19, 10:29 AM

In an earlier post, Supermallet said "shame on me for taking the bait," but evidently that observation didn't sink in. As others have said, there were better ways to go about this than this apparent attempt to get others banned. He could have learned from his own words and stopped taking the bait, but instead of exercising some self-control, thought it was better to run to the admins and say "Do something about poster X and Y!"

I hope the admins don't act on the requests to "do something" against other users; that is not a precedent they want to set, IMO. Once set, it could easily be used against other members; I can think of some myself, but I'm not going to name anyone.

Maybe honoring Supermallet's original request is the best thing to do here.
Old 03-10-19, 10:43 AM
Banned by request

God, yes, deactivate my account already.
Old 03-10-19, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

And again, Supermallet leaving will be another good contributor that the forum loses. How many more can/will this forum withstand? Is the site willing to pay this price to keep trolls trolling?
Old 03-10-19, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
God, yes, deactivate my account already.
Done. I'm sorry it came to this.