Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Please deactivate my account

Old 03-08-19, 08:21 AM
  #26  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,188
Re: Please deactivate my account

But stating Trump is a white supremacist is just an opinion, well more of a delusional opinion, than a fact. That's the main problem with the Political Forum, it's full blown Trump Derangement Syndrome there. They want to have free reign to call Trump a Nazi, Trump supporters white supremacists, MAGA hats are KKK hoods, etc. They say nasty racist stuff about black conservatives, nasty sexist/misogynist comments about female conservatives, nasty gay comments about Trump & Putin, Trump & McConnell, etc. The same people here crying about trolling in the Political Forum were the first to jump into the Bush 41 Obituary thread and spew hate and lies about him, but it's okay because if Hitler died, we wouldn't gloss over his atrocities, right? You pushed out all the conservatives that were willing to discuss the topics with your hate and attacks, now you are stuck with DVDP and Grundle.
PerryD is offline  
Old 03-08-19, 08:31 AM
  #27  
Banned by request
Thread Starter
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 54,156
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
But stating Trump is a white supremacist is just an opinion, well more of a delusional opinion, than a fact. That's the main problem with the Political Forum, it's full blown Trump Derangement Syndrome there. They want to have free reign to call Trump a Nazi, Trump supporters white supremacists, MAGA hats are KKK hoods, etc. They say nasty racist stuff about black conservatives, nasty sexist/misogynist comments about female conservatives, nasty gay comments about Trump & Putin, Trump & McConnell, etc. The same people here crying about trolling in the Political Forum were the first to jump into the Bush 41 Obituary thread and spew hate and lies about him, but it's okay because if Hitler died, we wouldn't gloss over his atrocities, right? You pushed out all the conservatives that were willing to discuss the topics with your hate and attacks, now you are stuck with DVDP and Grundle.
Trump has posted white supremacist and anti-Semitic memes. Talking about the events in Charlottesville, he said there are fine people on both sides. Heís referred to himself as a nationalist and said he wants to reclaim that word as a positive. He hired Steve Bannon, editor of a white supremacist website, to help run his campaign and craft legislation. It is not my opinion. You seem to be suffering from Trump blindness syndrome, where your 401k lets you ignore the facts about Trumpís social agenda.

And I also posted facts about HW Bush. You and Mabuse thought I was trolling, but Bush was a warmongering imperialist who did a shit ton of damage to people in other countries. Thatís not an opinion, that is also a fact.

I dont recall posting anything racist racist or sexist about conservatives, and certainly donít recall posting anything implying that Trump and Putin or Trump and McConnell are engaging in a sexual relationship.

Some people here may be able to say ďlook at the economyĒ to excuse Trump and his administration, but again, I am a minority and tied in with minority communities. I canít ignore it, because that rhetoric quickly becomes lethal for me.
Supermallet is offline  
Old 03-08-19, 08:51 AM
  #28  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 580
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
I dont recall posting anything racist racist or sexist about conservatives, and certainly donít recall posting anything implying that Trump and Putin or Trump and McConnell are engaging in a sexual relationship.
And PerryD didn't say you specifically did that. Even if you haven't posted anything racist or sexist (I'm not going to search through your posts), that doesn't invalidate his point. I don't think it would take too much to find racist or sexist posts against conservatives if a person was inclined to look for them.

Even leaving racism and sexism out of it, there was a post about the Covington High School students asking "Where's a school shooting when you need one?" and not only is that poster (and the post, I think) still around, they evidently didn't suffer any consequences other than being called out by one or two other members - and they weren't the only poster calling for violence.
GhostLee is offline  
Old 03-08-19, 09:02 AM
  #29  
Banned by request
Thread Starter
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 54,156
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by GhostLee View Post
And PerryD didn't say you specifically did that. Even if you haven't posted anything racist or sexist (I'm not going to search through your posts), that doesn't invalidate his point. I don't think it would take too much to find racist or sexist posts against conservatives if a person was inclined to look for them.

Even leaving racism and sexism out of it, there was a post about the Covington High School students asking "Where's a school shooting when you need one?" and not only is that poster (and the post, I think) still around, they evidently didn't suffer any consequences other than being called out by one or two other members - and they weren't the only poster calling for violence.
I donít support racism or sexism on either side. I donít condone anyone suggesting high school students should be shot.
Supermallet is offline  
Old 03-08-19, 09:06 AM
  #30  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,188
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
Trump has posted white supremacist and anti-Semitic memes. Talking about the events in Charlottesville, he said there are fine people on both sides. He’s referred to himself as a nationalist and said he wants to reclaim that word as a positive. He hired Steve Bannon, editor of a white supremacist website, to help run his campaign and craft legislation. It is not my opinion. You seem to be suffering from Trump blindness syndrome, where your 401k lets you ignore the facts about Trump’s social agenda.
Trump retweeting a Meme that uses a star symbol does not imply white supremacy, since the tweet was clearly just making fun of Hillary, I don't think Trump is clever/subtle enough to try to hide some meaning in a star shape. All of this Trump is dog-whistling to white supremacist stuff is just silly. Just like it makes sense that Covington basketball players flash a white power sign after making a three point basket, rather than accepting that they are using a standard symbol for making a 3 pointer that NBA and college players use. It's just delusional.

You claim to be Jewish, but don't accept that Trump's daughter is Jewish? When the "Fine people on both sides" comment was posted here, I went and watched the entire interview and to me he clearly was talking about both sides of the Confederate Statues issue. Why in the heck would Trump side with anti-semitic groups and someone who killed a protester? If you can deal with this cognitive dissonance, then we can perhaps have a rational discussion.

I've said before that I'm not a fan of Trump, and I didn't vote for him, but holy cow you guys are nuts with the dictator/Nazi/Hitler comments. I couldn't get the mods to deal with those generalizations, so what is the point of trying to discuss real issues in that forum? I just gave up as did many other conservative posters before me.
PerryD is offline  
Old 03-08-19, 09:10 AM
  #31  
Banned by request
Thread Starter
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 54,156
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
Trump retweeting a Meme that uses a star symbol does not imply white supremacy, since the tweet was clearly just making fun of Hillary, I don't think Trump is clever/subtle enough to try to hide some meaning in a star shape. All of this Trump is dog-whistling to white supremacist stuff is just silly. Just like it makes sense that Covington basketball players flash a white power sign after making a three point basket, rather than accepting that they are using a standard symbol for making a 3 pointer that NBA and college players use. It's just delusional.

You claim to be Jewish, but don't accept that Trump's daughter is Jewish? When the "Fine people on both sides" comment was posted here, I went and watched the entire interview and to me he clearly was talking about both sides of the Confederate Statues issue. Why in the heck would Trump side with anti-semitic groups and someone who killed a protester? If you can deal with this cognitive dissonance, then we can perhaps have a rational discussion.

I've said before that I'm not a fan of Trump, and I didn't vote for him, but holy cow you guys are nuts with the dictator/Nazi/Hitler comments. I couldn't get the mods to deal with those generalizations, so what is the point of trying to discuss real issues in that forum? I just gave up as did many other conservative posters before me.
The cognitive dissonance here isnít coming from me. And plenty of people can hate a group while still liking a few individuals who make up that group.

Anyway, this is a topic to discuss in the politics forum. I would just like an answer from the mods and admins about where theyíre drawing a line. And if theyíre not, Iíd like out.
Supermallet is offline  
Old 03-08-19, 09:34 AM
  #32  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
joeblow69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Palm Springs
Posts: 8,666
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
If it is trolling, use the report this post feature. Or PM one of the mods.
Well I suggest that you remove these, then, because they CLEARLY seem to be only useful in calling out trolls:

joeblow69 is offline  
Old 03-08-19, 10:08 AM
  #33  
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Į\_(ツ)_/Į
Posts: 19,834
Re: Please deactivate my account

Sorry in advance for the massive multi-quotes. I'll keep it short.
Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
If IB only had the cajones to close Politics
Like pretty much everywhere else on the internet in 2019, Politics is the most active subforum. Without it, there's far less ad revenue. With far less ad revenue, they have to resort to "sponsored posts" or shutting it ALL down. I'm not saying DVDTalk is in a dire circumstance (I won't pretend to know anything about what's going on on the back end), but this is the pattern in many other places online, so I'm assuming DVDTalk is only moderately different.
edit: I know you just want the Adult forum back, though

Originally Posted by kefrank View Post
Very little substantive discussion goes on there, in my estimation.
I think there's more than you think, but I don't disagree about your other thoughts that much to be honest. The problem is, when you're talking about politics - things that directly impact peoples' lives, especially minorities or marginalized people - it's hard not to get frustrated when some folks are repeatedly dismissive of the core arguments, choosing instead to obfuscate or derail discussions that start to make progress. This is one of the fundamental issues with text-based discussion in general, IMO.

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
I don’t want an echo chamber, despite what some people may think
The issue has never been about differing opinions. The issue is with "let's agree to disagree" when we're talking about peoples' safety in their own towns. You're in Portland, and have to deal with knowing that there are some of those proud boys in and around the area, stirring shit up because that's entirely their purpose. My heart goes out to you man, and seeing other people dismiss that group as harmless trolls or even victims themselves is such fucking bullshit.

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
I thought it was an important post, and if that was the hill he was going to die on, we should all be able to see it.
Agreed. His point was succinct and necessary.

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
My two cents
I agree with everything you said there.

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
My issue here isn’t just with DVD P. It’s with the extremely lax attitude the mods and admins have toward members who post things that are overtly bigoted or clear distortions.
I'll push back on this only to say that I don't necessarily blame the mods and admins here. I truly think they're doing the best they can with the information and set of rules that they have. The problem is that people who are professional trolls (And I don't mean that to mean they're getting paid, but that they, as human beings, take some amount of pride in trying to get a rise out of anonymous people online) know exactly how to stay within the official site rules while getting others to cross the line. And this isn't just a far-right issue; there was at least one poster who exhibited many left-leaning ideas, who was very obviously doing the exact same thing. It was called out a few times, but I don't think action was ever taken. But again... it's because these people are aware of how to navigate the rules, knowing how to get others to break one so they don't have to. The solution, I think, is to recognize the behaviors, and not just the rule breaking. But that's extremely difficult, because anyone suspended for their behavior will take offense ("Show me where I broke a rule!" and all that).

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
Anyway, are those sited by Super only the extreme offenders? Are there others on the right, more apt to have be less troll-ish? I'm not in there so I'm sure if they are being kept around because they are condusive to keeping things actively moving? Is it possible to have a two-sided discussion if the trolls were banned/exiled?
There are a handful that partake in honest, reasonable discussion who I still genuinely disagree with, just as there are a handful that are clearly either unwilling or wholly incapable of forming an argument without exhibiting specific fallacious behaviors. Some will just say things like, "So you think I'm a Nazi! Nothing left to talk about!" Some will spout off strawmen or ad homs over and over. Some will ask for details on a point, then when someone responds at great length, they cherry-pick one small aspect and dismiss it, acting as if that dismisses the entire argument. Again, "both sides" and all that, but it becomes a bigger issue as people push far right ideas and acting like it's just a difference of opinion and "we can just agree to disagree." My thing, personally, was coming to the realization that "agree to disagree" is something that we tell ourselves when we believe politics is all just a thought experiment, and that real lives aren't at stake. We can agree to disagree about the best Marvel movie, or pizza toppings... but it's naive to think that agreeing to disagree is in any way beneficial to marginalized groups who face opposition to their human rights.

tl;dr - as to the issue that caused this thread...

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
I'm with Supermallet.
Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
Yeah, I'm with Supermallet on everything he's said here.
Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
So I'm with Supermallet on this.
Needless to say, so am I.

Last edited by Dan; 03-08-19 at 11:33 AM.
Dan is offline  
Old 03-08-19, 10:26 AM
  #34  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 12,937
Re: Please deactivate my account

I honestly think DVDP should be marked as a Political Exile as well. So many have sided one way or another without resorting to the level of trolling that he does.
E Unit is online now  
Old 03-08-19, 01:22 PM
  #35  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,333
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Needless to say, so am I.
As am I. Whether they actually believe the nonsense they post or are just trolling to own the other side, there are a handful of posters who seem to revel in taking increasingly vile viewpoints or posting intentionally obtuse bullshit without running afoul of the rules here. I have a hard time faulting the mods, as I know they have a tough (and unpaid) job, but in the case of the poster that led to mallet starting this thread, even the most patient of mods seem to agree he is a detriment to the forum.
maxfisher is offline  
Old 03-08-19, 01:48 PM
  #36  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 24,705
Re: Please deactivate my account

I have zero issues with Supermallet personally but I have no idea why he can't just either 1) block the offending users or 2) simply not visit the Politics forum or 3) contact the mods/admins privately or 4) just walk away. This public thread is the worst way to go about it.
DVD Josh is offline  
Old 03-08-19, 03:03 PM
  #37  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 17,170
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by kefrank View Post
I second this motion. The Politics forum is rampant with vitriol, mockery, trolling, name-calling, generalizing, and pettiness (from all across the political spectrum). Very little substantive discussion goes on there, in my estimation. I don't blame the mods - I think the problems are too big for them to solve and are simply indicative of the political climate in our society now.
This is it exactly. And I believe there are few innocent parties when it comes to what takes place in that forum.

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
I have zero issues with Supermallet personally but I have no idea why he can't just either 1) block the offending users or 2) simply not visit the Politics forum or 3) contact the mods/admins privately or 4) just walk away. This public thread is the worst way to go about it.
Like it or not, I find it hard to argue with this sound advice.
Cardsfan111 is offline  
Old 03-08-19, 05:06 PM
  #38  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cultshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: True North Strong & Free
Posts: 12,130
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Like pretty much everywhere else on the internet in 2019, Politics is the most active subforum. Without it, there's far less ad revenue. With far less ad revenue, they have to resort to "sponsored posts" or shutting it ALL down.
True but let's see how that works out for IB when one or two problem posters that continue to be tolerated cause other posters to leave in disgust or end up getting banned by telling the trolls what they really think of them (which I'll admit I am coming close to doing). Does this site really want to lose even more longtime posters at this point? Hasn't enough damage been done to this place already?
cultshock is offline  
Old 03-09-19, 06:18 PM
  #39  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,309
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post


Thank you. I’ve made no secret that I’m Jewish, and my wife is an ethnic minority. We are exactly the people that fascists target. I’m very sensitive to issues regarding minorities. Time and again, right wing/conservative trolls have been able to camp out in the politics forum and spew hateful bile and when people react negatively, it’s the people reacting who get in trouble.

Creekdipper compared homosexuality to bestiality for years. He even advocated for a “separate but equal” system to keep homosexuals away from Christian business owners. He spent years antagonizing people over and over with no significant repercussions until finally he did something to push things over the line. People complained for years, nothing was done. He was able to say the most hurtful and hateful things in that time.

Grundle was allowed to blanket repost right wing blogs to his heart’s content. Most of the articles grossly misrepresented the situations or arguments being presented. He never showed any remorse or inclination to change his behavior, no matter how often he was chastised or suspended. The admins even let him come back and post under a second account for a while for some reason. His posts routinely contained racist, sexist, and Islamophobic content. He made jokes and posted memes about Heather Heyer’s death at the hands of a neo-Nazi. Only recently was he exiled.

DVD Polizei has been a Trump supporter since day one. He has actively downplayed any idea that Trump is a white supremacist. He has defended Proud Boys, the very people who would beat me and my wife in the streets just for being who we are. And yet I get scolded for pointing out that he defends fascists and routinely trolls the forum.

And those are just the most visible right wing trolls. I don’t want an echo chamber, despite what some people may think, but when our president is an open white supremacist and tacitly supports hate groups, things are no longer business as usual. And when we have people posting on this forum who actively support Trump for this behavior, and actively support the hate groups he has popularized, that’s where we should be drawing a fucking line. And if the mods and admins won’t do it, then I have no interest in continuing to be associated with this site. Continuing to platform fascists or fascists sympathizers represents a legitimate danger for some of the people who post here. People can be doxxed. I’ve met people from here in real life. I’m not comfortable with that anymore given how apathetic the mods have been to these issues.

This is why I’m not interested in political exile. Either DVD Talk takes a stance against fascists and the people who defend them, or they can ban me.
To the bold.

I do not defend Fascists, and I have also been very critical of Republicans, Fox News, etc.

However, I also respect your opinion, which is rather unlike you do toward me.

I suppose you have no issues with Freshman who verbally attack Jews, either? I'd like to hear your comments on Omar in the Politics Forum. She made comments about Jews worse than Trump in my opinion, and yet you've said nothing about her from what I've read. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The world has a wide variety of opinions, and many of them I don't like, either. However, I don't run around with a stick, wanting to beat anyone who doesn't "see my way of things".I feel sorry you are somehow tormented by some dude online that posts things you don't like.

If this post is called Trolling, then we all need to be banned and DVD Talk needs to shut down.

Also, I remember many of those who were leaving DVD Talk, and the same posters here said, "Fine, don't let the door hit you on the way out!"

I see just opposite comments now.

If you seriously get triggered by my comments, just ignore me. I do the same on many occasions for posters.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 03-09-19, 06:52 PM
  #40  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 580
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
I have zero issues with Supermallet personally but I have no idea why he can't just either 1) block the offending users or 2) simply not visit the Politics forum or 3) contact the mods/admins privately or 4) just walk away. This public thread is the worst way to go about it.
Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
This is it exactly. And I believe there are few innocent parties when it comes to what takes place in that forum.
I'm with the posters above. I'm hoping this thread isn't just an effort to get others banned, but specifically naming other posters (including a banned member) makes me wonder - and I hope the mods/admins don't go there. There are posters on both ends of the political spectrum whose posts are of questionable value, but I'm not going to name them and ask the mods for some type of action.

GhostLee is offline  
Old 03-09-19, 07:30 PM
  #41  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mspmms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana and still checking my emails
Posts: 13,368
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by GhostLee View Post
I'm hoping this thread isn't just an effort to get others banned, but specifically naming other posters (including a banned member) makes me wonder - and I hope the mods/admins don't go there.
Appears to me that is exactly what he is attempting - if not that it is a "call to arms" for others to actively pursue and get in line to have another DVD Talk member banned.
mspmms is offline  
Old 03-09-19, 07:46 PM
  #42  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,309
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
I honestly think DVDP should be marked as a Political Exile as well. So many have sided one way or another without resorting to the level of trolling that he does.
Explain and give examples of this "trolling". Just because you do not want to hear another side to political views...is not justification to request members be banned so you don't have to read those other comments.

I don't think you're aware what this term is, come to think of it. If I'm irritated with your comments, can I call you a troll and request you be banned? Because that's exactly the kind of level of discussion you're digressing to. I would hope we're adults and we can tolerate and respect each others' views, and just ignore move on to other commentary if we don't like it.

That fair or am I trolling once again.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 03-09-19, 08:07 PM
  #43  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
joeblow69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Palm Springs
Posts: 8,666
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by mspmms View Post
Appears to me that is exactly what he is attempting - if not that it is a "call to arms" for others to actively pursue and get in line to have another DVD Talk member banned.
I agree, but in this case, I 1000% agree with that pursuit.

It doesn't help to block people that post bullshit all the time, because people constantly feel the need to argue about the bullshit, and then it keeps going on and on and on...
joeblow69 is offline  
Old 03-09-19, 08:41 PM
  #44  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,669
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Explain and give examples of this "trolling". Just because you do not want to hear another side to political views...is not justification to request members be banned so you don't have to read those other comments.

I don't think you're aware what this term is, come to think of it. If I'm irritated with your comments, can I call you a troll and request you be banned? Because that's exactly the kind of level of discussion you're digressing to. I would hope we're adults and we can tolerate and respect each others' views, and just ignore move on to other commentary if we don't like it.

That fair or am I trolling once again.

andicus is offline  
Old 03-09-19, 09:14 PM
  #45  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,188
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
Is it possible that this is a joke because of the homophone ?

​​​​​​Do you remember several pages of discussion in the Trump thread whether it was acceptable to call Kelly Anne Conway a c*nt? Everybody participated in that one, because it's okay to label people on the right with hate speech.
PerryD is offline  
Old 03-09-19, 09:38 PM
  #46  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 12,937
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Explain and give examples of this "trolling". Just because you do not want to hear another side to political views...is not justification to request members be banned so you don't have to read those other comments.

I don't think you're aware what this term is, come to think of it. If I'm irritated with your comments, can I call you a troll and request you be banned? Because that's exactly the kind of level of discussion you're digressing to. I would hope we're adults and we can tolerate and respect each others' views, and just ignore move on to other commentary if we don't like it.

That fair or am I trolling once again.
Well goodness he speaks. I've been here long enough to know exactly what the term is. And you bait them, clear and simple. Yet when they challenge you on something, you mysteriously disappear for a while, and never respond.
E Unit is online now  
Old 03-09-19, 09:40 PM
  #47  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mspmms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana and still checking my emails
Posts: 13,368
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
​​​​​​Do you remember several pages of discussion in the Trump thread whether it was acceptable to call Kelly Anne Conway a c*nt? Everybody participated in that one, because it's okay to label people on the right with hate speech.
How about the brazzers memes posted of her in the meme thread

And it was not just her, remember what some DVD members were saying about Nancy Regan - should we remind a few members of the things said about Nikki Haley in the forum too?
mspmms is offline  
Old 03-09-19, 10:23 PM
  #48  
Banned by request
Thread Starter
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 54,156
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by IB_Villalobos View Post
We do not delete accounts or posts at the member's request, as doing so could potentially cause confusing "gaps" in discussion threads. However, we could remove your information from the system so you will no longer receive notifications or have access to the account. Please keep in mind that once an account is deactivated it can not be recovered.
I was hoping the mods and admins would take this opportunity to consider what boundaries they would like to have against members who actively post hateful comments about minorities. All Iím seeing is bickering and infighting. I stand by my original request. Please deactivate my account. I have no wish to be associated with this site anymore.
Supermallet is offline  
Old 03-09-19, 11:02 PM
  #49  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,309
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
Is the word whore prohibited from being uttered on this website? If so...I won't use it then. Problem solved, right? Don't allow the word to be used by any DVD Talk member, ever on any part of the website. I'm sure that's a common-sense approach to your argument. Oh wait, it's just DVD P who cant call people names, but the name-calling can go on for other members about Republican women, and you give them a pass.

How about all of us in the Teacher Sex With Student thread, and in many other posts on this website discussed about women in a "not-so-pretty" way.

In fact, what if I typed in the word 'whore"...I wonder what I would come up with.

495 threads.

And you are calling me out on 1 of them?

You have 494 more to alert the mods on.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 03-09-19 at 11:09 PM.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 03-09-19, 11:12 PM
  #50  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,309
Re: Please deactivate my account

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
Well goodness he speaks. I've been here long enough to know exactly what the term is. And you bait them, clear and simple. Yet when they challenge you on something, you mysteriously disappear for a while, and never respond.
And if you look at my posts I respond with a lot more content, and I continually get retorted with a few sentences. So yeah, of course I leave after providing links or coming up with other examples where common sense has no place, and criticism needs to be recognized instead of unconditional loyalty to only a handful of members who post on a regular basis, high-fiving each other, one post after another. Shall we visit the meme threads? The Trump threads? Pretty sure it's easy to find such collective mindsets.

I choose to leave a discussion when I want. Everyone else has that exact same option. In fact, I was told (and other members) to leave discussions when and if I didn't want to participate. IBJoel even said it. Other mods have said that, I think as well.

What do you consider as bait. You saying they aren't adult and mature enough to know how to collectively respond to heated discussions? Again, if you can't take the criticisms that are being dished out, don't participate in them...or just choose not to participate in that particular discussion. To be so triggered that you cannot function properly on an internet forum without seeing only one poster's commentary...demands some help in other areas of one's life.

Just a quick search about Nancy Reagan:

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
Enjoy your dirt nap, bitch.
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
She was a shitty human being and I'm glad she's dead.
Originally Posted by Max Bottomtime View Post
This is DVDTalk. If anyone has a different opinion or ideals than you they are to be seen as evil. Only your ideals are correct.
Max hits this right on the money. He's been here a while, too. Since Feb 2000. At least a few years before you were.

So yeah, we all have narly and nasty opinions about people. However, that's no reason to be suspended or banned. If you don't like anothers' opinion or commentary, say it. Express yourself.

But don't try to create a bandwagon of zealots who are out to smother the opinions of others if they don't see your way.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 03-09-19 at 11:26 PM.
DVD Polizei is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.