Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Houston, We Have A Problem...

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Houston, We Have A Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-18, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 479 Likes on 351 Posts
Re: Houston, We Have A Problem...

Whatever.

I'm the devil. I'm the bad guy. Don't bother putting the pitchforks and torches away.

It's kind of sad that no one bats an eye when I say a freckle faced redhead can't play Bond, but if I say a black man can't be the exact same character I'm some kind of vile racist and the character attacks start.
Old 09-04-18, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by B5Erik
Whatever.

I'm the devil. I'm the bad guy. Don't bother putting the pitchforks and torches away.

It's kind of sad that no one bats an eye when I say a freckle faced redhead can't play Bond, but if I say a black man can't be the exact same character I'm some kind of vile racist and the character attacks start.
Looks like someone is mad for being called out on his obvious racist posts. And that is the post not the person. And there is a huge difference in saying you would prefer a white bond and going on a racist rant that a fictional character can only be white. Here is secret, I rather have a white bond for the most part but I'm not going to cry if a non white person person plays him. I say for the most part because I would love to see Elba as bond. He is great actor with a great look. I could see him being a better bond then some of the ones we already had.
Old 09-04-18, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anybody know where I can buy a tiny violin to play. Going to need a very tiny one for B5.
Old 09-04-18, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Anybody know where I can buy a tiny violin to play. Going to need a very tiny one for B5.

Do you think you just won something?
Old 09-04-18, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Do you think you just won something?
Of coarse I did, that was rather stupid statement. Also are you going to make a bunch of racist statements and then run away like you usual do? I might need another violin for you.
Old 09-04-18, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Of coarse I did, that was rather stupid statement. Also are you going to make a bunch of racist statements and then run away like you usual do? I might need another violin for you.
I make racist statements and run away???

Old 09-04-18, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Whatever.

I'm just saying that mixed race is a complicated thing, and not always what meets the eye.
Old 09-04-18, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like someone is mad for being called out on his obvious racist posts. And that is the post not the person. And there is a huge difference in saying you would prefer a white bond and going on a racist rant that a fictional character can only be white. Here is secret, I rather have a white bond for the most part but I'm not going to cry if a non white person person plays him. I say for the most part because I would love to see Elba as bond. He is great actor with a great look. I could see him being a better bond then some of the ones we already had.
I'd love to know what comments I made that were racist.

I never once said or implied any group was inferior or Less Than. All I talked about was physical appearance (differences in appearance do not imply inferiority). Now, in the recent past I have noted that black people in the U.S. and the UK so have some different life experiences than white people (a fact that disturbs me and really depresses me) - mirroring what people in that group themselves have said.

I detest racism. No ethnic group is inherently better or superior to any other. That is also a fact. Got a problem with that?
Old 09-04-18, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I make racist statements and run away???

Yeah you do. I'm still waiting for you to back up the statements you made in the politics thread. It is funny that you make so racist post you don't remember them.
Old 09-04-18, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I made jabs at liberals in the politics thread over a year ago and had some playful banter back and forth because of it. I have not posted in there for months and was not ever a big poster to begin with. Too insane for me.

Feel free to dig I guess...
Old 09-04-18, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd love to know what comments I made that were racist.

I never once said or implied any group was inferior or Less Than. All I talked about was physical appearance (differences in appearance do not imply inferiority). Now, in the recent past I have noted that black people in the U.S. and the UK so have some different life experiences than white people (a fact that disturbs me and really depresses me) - mirroring what people in that group themselves have said.

I detest racism. No ethnic group is inherently better or superior to any other. That is also a fact. Got a problem with that?
You have a limited notion on what racism is. If you paid attention to anything other than your own post you would know why I think your posts are racists.
Supporting the birther movement is racist. Not knowing the birther movement is racist is in fact racist. You don't need to believe one group is better than another to be racist. You embolden racist and sexist ideals. And as I stated before stating a FICTIONAL character has to be white for the most silly reason is racist in my eyes. I understand you don't see this as racist. You don't even see your ghostbuster comment as sexist. However, in your ignorance you inspire and support the hardcore sexist and racist. This makes you just as bad in my opinion.
Old 09-04-18, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I made jabs at liberals in the politics thread over a year ago and had some playful banter back and forth because of it. I have not posted in there for months and was not ever a big poster to begin with. Too insane for me.

Feel free to dig I guess...
You are the one that said you wold come back and defend your position. If I recall correctly you said you were going to a movie with friends and would come back to defend your post. You are a lied and never came back. If that is digging then I guess I'm digging your grave cowboy. At least be honest. You don't have to lie.
Old 09-04-18, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You have a limited notion on what racism is. If you paid attention to anything other than your own post you would know why I think your posts are racists.
Supporting the birther movement is racist. Not knowing the birther movement is racist is in fact racist. You don't need to believe one group is better than another to be racist. You embolden racist and sexist ideals. And as I stated before stating a FICTIONAL character has to be white for the most silly reason is racist in my eyes. I understand you don't see this as racist. You don't even see your ghostbuster comment as sexist. However, in your ignorance you inspire and support the hardcore sexist and racist. This makes you just as bad in my opinion.
The level of arrogant condescension in that post is staggering.

That is a prime example if the problems we face both here and in society. Civility and tolerance are in short supply.

I'll only say this, I firmly believe that your definition of racism is far too broad and actually creates unnecessary conflict.
Old 09-04-18, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You are the one that said you wold come back and defend your position. If I recall correctly you said you were going to a movie with friends and would come back to defend your post. You are a lied and never came back. If that is digging then I guess I'm digging your grave cowboy. At least be honest. You don't have to lie.
over a year ago?? WOW!! You are digging my grave?

Where are my racist posts sport???

I have not laughed this hard for a long time. Thanks.
Old 09-04-18, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

That is a prime example if the problems we face both here and in society. Civility and tolerance are in short supply.
Civility and tolerance go both ways. The conversation here was civil, but you then tried playing the victim card when the conversation wasn't going your way by calling yourself names:

I'm the devil. I'm the bad guy. Don't bother putting the pitchforks and torches away...
Nobody had called you the devil, they were just disagreeing with your arguments. You're driving the conversation to extremes yourself, since you equate any criticisms of your statements as akin to calling you evil. You're being extremely intolerant of any criticism of your views. That's not how you propagate a civil conversation.

I'll only say this, I firmly believe that your definition of racism is far too broad and actually creates unnecessary conflict.
You don't get to define what others find racist. You're not the thought police.
Old 09-04-18, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jay G.

You don't get to define what others find racist. You're not the thought police.
Neither are you.

FYI, I haven't been critical of other people's criticism of my posts. I've been critical of their tone and aggressiveness. There has been very little attempt to persuade, but a lot of arrogant condescension and lecturing.
Old 09-04-18, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The level of arrogant condescension in that post is staggering.

Of coarse you do. Given your other posts you couldn't think any other way. You make racist posts, completely ignore the reasons given to you why they are racist, and cry because no one supports your racism. You have shown a record level of inability to explain yourself in a non racist way. When people put out specific examples of you being wrong you just stick your head in the sand.

Sorry if me confronting your racist post offends you. That was sarcasm I'm not really sorry. I didn't think you get that so I explained it to you Mr women can carry proton packs. I try to give you chance to say something intelligent but you fail each time Mr Birther supporter. I mean I have yet to see you backup any of your views with actual facts Mr black guys can't have white sisters. Oh boy look at me making the world a worst play by being mean to people that post racist BS. People like you and the liar make me sick. If i hadn't said it before the one good thing about you is at least I think you are being honest on your views Mr ignore any facts people post that go against your argument.
Old 09-04-18, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Neither are you.

FYI, I haven't been critical of other people's criticism of my posts. I've been critical of their tone and aggressiveness. There has been very little attempt to persuade, but a lot of arrogant condescension and lecturing.
That is because you can't see past your own nose at how toxic your posts are. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean you get a pass. You are being that guy that gets upset of people being intolerant of his racism and sexism. And I'm saying this with no condescension or aggression. I know you will take it that way but it is just statement of fact. Ok ok it is my opinion of you but it is a honest opinion. it is your way of taking the easy way out.
Old 09-04-18, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

You don't get to police tone either. If others find your views worthy of mocking, they can mock. You could be the better person to try and elevate the conversation, but you're often exacerbating the situation instead of defusing it.
Old 09-04-18, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Of coarse you do. Given your other posts you couldn't think any other way. You make racist posts, completely ignore the reasons given to you why they are racist, and cry because no one supports your racism. You have shown a record level of inability to explain yourself in a non racist way. When people put out specific examples of you being wrong you just stick your head in the sand.

Sorry if me confronting your racist post offends you. That was sarcasm I'm not really sorry. I didn't think you get that so I explained it to you Mr women can carry proton packs. I try to give you chance to say something intelligent but you fail each time Mr Birther supporter. I mean I have yet to see you backup any of your views with actual facts Mr black guys can't have white sisters. Oh boy look at me making the world a worst play by being mean to people that post racist BS. People like you and the liar make me sick. If i hadn't said it before the one good thing about you is at least I think you are being honest on your views Mr ignore any facts people post that go against your argument.
Wow. That was quite the angry, insulting tirade there.

You didn't exaggerate or misrepresent what I posted at all. You believe those posts to be what you believe them to be and nothing that anyone says will sway you from those beliefs.

More's the pity...
Old 09-04-18, 03:24 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

mod note - This kind of snarky tone does nothing to help the discussion
That is because you can't see past your own nose at how toxic your posts are. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean you get a pass. You are being that guy that gets upset of people being intolerant of his racism and sexism. And I'm saying this with no condescension or aggression.
mod note - This is an actual conversation with an argument.
Old 09-04-18, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by VinVega
mod note - This kind of snarky tone does nothing to help the discussion

mod note - This is an actual conversation with an argument.
Ok I'll make a effort to turn down the snark.
Old 09-04-18, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Deleted and rephrasing

Ok, you could change my mind if you made a good statement backed by a fact. You haven't done this.
Specifically unless I missed it you never responded to my reply on your birther stance. I'll repeat it now. The birther movement only moved against a black man they called a arab and muslim. This is racist because there have been many white people born outside of the US where this wasn't a issue including John McCain. Also muslims can be American and white. Using that as an insult was racist in itself. Anyone that doesn't recognize this as a racist movement in my opinion is racist. If you can show me a white person the birthers gone after with the same gusto as Obama I will happily entertain that this wasn't a completely racist movement.
I'm at work, and posting on my phone with one finger is time consuming, so I don't usually have time for more detailed or complex posts.
Old 09-04-18, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm at work, and posting on my phone with one finger is time consuming, so I don't usually have time for more detailed or complex posts.
Then respond when you get off work. The forum will still be here. Don't be like a certain liar and never come back to back up your position. Heck think about it turn it around in your hand and respond in day or week. Just backup your stuff.
Old 09-05-18, 10:19 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

The Left - It was NOTHING BUT RACISM! 100% RACISM!

The Right - It was ALL ABOUT MAKING SURE HE WAS LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO BE PRESIDENT! 0% RACISM!
I'm sure glad this isn't in Political talk because damn, that's some generalization.

Radical centrists are interesting beasts, to say the least.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.