Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Star Wars subforum

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Star Wars subforum

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-15, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
Star Wars subforum

Are we going to bring back the Star Wars subforum in the Movies section?

With the new movie opening this week (and more Anthology and Saga movies on the way) and the numerous threads popping up, it might be a good idea to consolidate them under one umbrella.

I would also suggest a "one and only" spoiler thread for discussing plot points once the movie opens since some people may not see it for a week or so because it appears most early seats at theaters have been pre-sold, and it's opening the week before Christmas and others may wait until after the holiday or Christmas vacation to go see it. Doing so would make it easier to avoid spoilers before seeing the movie, and then catching up with the discussion after seeing it. Sort of a review/reaction thread with ALL SPOILERS GO HERE, making it easier to manage discussion in a smaller subforum.
Old 12-14-15, 11:49 AM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts
Re: Star Wars subforum

My first thought is, will there really be that many threads that it requires its own sub forum? Especially given the overall activity at the forums these days. That said, I don't want to quell innovation. I'd like to hear from some of the mods of Movie forum to get their take.

From a technical standpoint it can be a pain to decommission a sub forum once it's no longer in use. I think it jacks up the search feature when you do finally kill the sub forum.
Old 12-14-15, 02:29 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

I don't really see it as necessary. There is a boat load of comic movie threads, Marvel, DC, etc. and it works out fine.

In regards to the spoiler thread - I don't think it's a bad idea.
Old 12-15-15, 11:45 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

Originally Posted by VinVega
From a technical standpoint it can be a pain to decommission a sub forum once it's no longer in use. I think it jacks up the search feature when you do finally kill the sub forum.
You say that as if the sub would need to be decommissioned before the site itself is sent to the farm.
Old 12-15-15, 12:46 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

aren't they planning at least one star wars-related movie a year from now through eternity and beyond [no colon]? i think a subforum would be sustainable at that rate
Old 12-15-15, 02:32 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

will the Reviews thread be re-opened? is that possible? or do i have to do another?
Old 12-15-15, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
will the Reviews thread be re-opened? is that possible? or do i have to do another?
I think they are working on the review thread do it should be 're-opened when it's ready.

Edit: never mind. It's open.
Old 12-15-15, 06:07 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by HN
aren't they planning at least one star wars-related movie a year from now through eternity and beyond [no colon]? i think a subforum would be sustainable at that rate
I'll go back to the comic movie example... There will be 3 MCU films a year going forward for a while and we don't have a sub forum.

Also... carrying over from the SW review thread about spoilers:
My personal opinion is people should expect spoilers in a review thread, just like in the TV Forum episode threads. I think the review threads could have SPOILERS in the title as a warning. Maybe something to try on that thread... or moving forward on others.
Old 12-15-15, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Truthfully I almost feel like there could be a subforum for DC and Marvel. Between all the films and shows (live action and animated) the two put out there'd be more than enough content. I'm not so sure about a Star Wars only subforum but I guess with the previously released films and shows plus future entries it would probably fill up fast. Only thing is if there would be enough traffic to justify them.
Old 12-15-15, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No sub forums. We have nowhere near enough posts/threads to warrant any sub forums.
Old 12-15-15, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by auto
No sub forums. We have nowhere near enough posts/threads to warrant any sub forums.
Agreed, traffic isn't that crazy that we need a sub forum. When was the last time that was done, for Dark Knight/Batman?

I wouldn't mind letting people start new threads for random topics or questions related to Star Wars again like that though, rather then trying to encompass everything in the current pre-release or reviews thread.
Old 12-17-15, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

The forum's a LOT deader than it was 10 years ago. No need for a subforum now I think.
Old 12-25-15, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

Are you sure ?
Someone just started a totally redundant SW topic asking if your are going to see the movie more than once.

Wouldn't have lasted 5 posts in the old days.
Old 12-26-15, 12:44 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How about people stop making crap threads? Some have a logical purpose or value to them.