Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

What does this mean?

Old 12-01-15, 06:07 PM

What does this mean?

I clicked on new post in my email and got....

vBulletin Message
Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Old 12-01-15, 06:42 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Re: What does this mean?

It means the thread was closed. And please, stop posting new threads. If you're a real person and not just trolling, there are plenty of quality conversations around here. Join in those threads, and stop being an attention whore.
Old 12-01-15, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
It means the thread was closed. And please, stop posting new threads. If you're a real person and not just trolling, there are plenty of quality conversations around here. Join in those threads, and stop being an attention whore.
Hey thanks. I am a real person, if i was not i bee posting the sam thing over and over.
Old 12-03-15, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh no! Someone posting new threads!! We might actually get to the second page of unread threads. At least he's using the right forum sections, and they aren't completely inane.

Edit: Shit, I hadn't seen the "Count to 100" thread. I take this all back.

Last edited by mndtrp; 12-03-15 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Dammit, Arnie.
Old 12-03-15, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
Oh no! Someone posting new threads!! We might actually get to the second page of unread threads. At least he's using the right forum sections, and they aren't completely inane.

Edit: Shit, I hadn't seen the "Count to 100" thread. I take this all back.
Do you mean inane or insane?
Old 12-03-15, 09:45 PM
Admin-Thanos

We need to try to be accepting (if not welcoming at least otter style) of new people trying to post here. That being said, new posters might want to lurk a bit and see how the community operates (style, tendencies, culture, the rules, the abundance of sarcasm here, etc) before charging into posting a ton of new threads. My 2 cents.
Old 12-03-15, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
We need to try to be accepting (if not welcoming at least otter style) of new people trying to post here. That being said, new posters might want to lurk a bit and see how the community operates (style, tendencies, culture, the rules, the abundance of sarcasm here, etc) before charging into posting a ton of new threads. My 2 cents.
So long story short........... Do Not Post Anything. Right?
Old 12-03-15, 10:09 PM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by ArnieCunningham View Post
So long story short........... Do Not Post Anything. Right?
I didn't say that. I do notice you're having a lot of issues with the culture here, taking sarcastic posts as serious and things of that nature. Read some of these threads first. I mean read them and see how people interact. I think it would help answer some of your questions. Observing is a very underrated skill.

Back in the old days before we all had gaming consoles in our house we would go out to the arcade to play video games. My father said I would watch someone play a game I was interested in for quite a while before I tried it myself. I didn't just pump quarters into the game and die within 30 seconds of the game starting. I took the same approach with forum posting. Having that information stored away made me more confident when I finally did start posting.
Old 12-03-15, 10:22 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

You didn't take my earlier advice, but I'll give some more anyway. I'd suggest reading only for a few days, then posting in existing threads maybe a few times a day, and waiting at least a few months before you start a thread.

You won't find a better forum on the Internet, but you need to .... actually wait .... maybe make that your project. Report back to us after you followed your war plan here on every other forum out there.
Old 12-03-15, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good advice, Vin.
Old 12-04-15, 12:54 AM

I didn't say that. I do notice you're having a lot of issues with the culture here, taking sarcastic posts as serious and things of that nature. Read some of these threads first. I mean read them and see how people interact. I think it would help answer some of your questions. Observing is a very underrated skill.

Back in the old days before we all had gaming consoles in our house we would go out to the arcade to play video games. My father said I would watch someone play a game I was interested in for quite a while before I tried it myself. I didn't just pump quarters into the game and die within 30 seconds of the game starting. I took the same approach with forum posting. Having that information stored away made me more confident when I finally did start posting.
So watch then. Er ok rather read then. Lol

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
You didn't take my earlier advice, but I'll give some more anyway. I'd suggest reading only for a few days, then posting in existing threads maybe a few times a day, and waiting at least a few months before you start a thread.

You won't find a better forum on the Internet, but you need to .... actually wait .... maybe make that your project. Report back to us after you followed your war plan here on every other forum out there.
I am on plenty of "Better" forums. Thank you very much.
Old 12-04-15, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, the order I was reading his threads didn't have anything too terribly irritating.

Then I got to the rest.
Old 12-05-15, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Back in the old days before we all had gaming consoles in our house we would go out to the arcade to play video games. My father said I would watch someone play a game I was interested in for quite a while before I tried it myself. I didn't just pump quarters into the game and die within 30 seconds of the game starting. I took the same approach with forum posting.
MY father never watched me do anything at the arcades, in fact he would just scold me if he knew I'd been to one