DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Can we ban all the members that are bumping decade old threads? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/624784-can-we-ban-all-members-bumping-decade-old-threads.html)

Music 01-26-15 01:13 PM

Re: Can we ban all the members that are bumping decade old threads?

We can start banning them after we start banning all the little kiddies that can't make a post without swearing.

Supermallet 01-27-15 02:44 PM

Fuck that.

b2net 01-27-15 04:44 PM

I will find it quite humorous when this thread is old and someone bumps it....

DVD Polizei 01-29-15 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 12375081)
My plan is to bump this thread in 10 years.

Until then I will use my powers to unban you for the next 10 years! :mad:

VinVega 01-29-15 03:31 PM

The bannings will continue until morale improves.

Rival11 02-04-15 10:17 AM

I keep seeing complaints about the search function here - I never really minded having to go to the advanced search option to find what I'm looking for (and for the most part, it usualy always works) but I can see why some would dislike it - would be nice to just be able to plop a term in one place and have better results but oh well. Guess I'm just trying to say to use the advanced search for all yor searching needs is all.....son.

mhg83 02-14-15 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rival11 (Post 12385706)
I keep seeing complaints about the search function here - I never really minded having to go to the advanced search option to find what I'm looking for (and for the most part, it usualy always works) but I can see why some would dislike it - would be nice to just be able to plop a term in one place and have better results but oh well. Guess I'm just trying to say to use the advanced search for all yor searching needs is all.....son.

I've searched for a thread with the exact title using advanced search and it comes up empty. I had to go through a few pages on the forum using ctrl F to find it.

mndtrp 02-15-15 10:39 AM

Strange, the advanced search has always worked for me. I only search for thread titles, and typically only one word, but it's always found what I've needed.

Solid Snake 02-15-15 03:37 PM

Jesus Titty Fuckin' Christ... we really need a better search. The basic search is pretty goddamn worthless for the most part. Advanced is good though. But holy fuck does the basic bitch suck. She doesn't even suck well. She just sucks horribly cuz she doesn't know how to suck.

JeffTheAlpaca 02-15-15 05:14 PM

Then people get ticked you did not use the search engine when a topic was posted before.

DVD Polizei 02-16-15 11:24 PM

And those people who get ticked should automatically get a 24hr suspension if they publicly whine and bitch.

ArnieCunningham 11-30-15 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hadrian7 (Post 12374605)
I don't get it, if a member posts a similar thread someone will inevitably ask why they didn't use the search function instead of making a duplicate thread. Now you want them to get banned for bumping old threads? No wonder why we can't keep new members around... the fun has left the forum.

That dont sound fair. :(

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 12374606)
wow, people will bitch about everything.

Tell me about it. :( ugh!

VinVega 12-03-15 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by VinVega (Post 12374868)
If you're going to bump a decades old thread, at least have the courtesy to say "Bump" or something, so it doesn't look like a 10 page thread just appeared out of nowhere and the conversation somehow flowed with a jump of 10 years in between.

It's the people who just act like no time that has past with a bump that are the most annoying. Just be up front about it if you bump an old thread.

I do like Pharoh's take on it as well.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Music 12-03-15 08:59 PM

:whofart:

ArnieCunningham 12-03-15 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by VinVega (Post 12661260)
Couldn't have said it better myself.

That was you.

Oh i forgot to say "bump" :rolleyes:

Ash Ketchum 12-04-15 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by ArnieCunningham (Post 12657997)
That dont sound fair. :(

Tell me about it. :( ugh!

Says the one-man thread-bumping machine. :grunt:

Alan Smithee 12-05-15 09:25 PM

There was one forum (forget which one) that would show a message if you replied to a thread that was last posted on several years ago- it would say something like "This thread is XX number of years old and you are the first one to reply to it in that time. Knowing that, are you SURE you still want to do this?"

Norm de Plume 12-06-15 01:13 AM

I still don't see the capital crime in bumping old threads. Often there are interesting discussions and viewpoints that can be restarted with input from new participants. Some forums actually strictly prohibit bumping old threads, which is preposterous.

DVD Polizei 12-10-15 01:28 AM

Bumping threads is a great way to see if people are paying attention, as well as observing nothing has changed in the last several years and just sit back and watch people converse as if it's one discussion.

I've been a victim of those bastards that bump threads. But it gives me uncontrollable giggles late at night, so don't take this away.

With Trump taking away my internet, I'm not sure what I'll do with myself.

VinVega 12-10-15 04:33 PM

Just be respectful, or you may incur the wrath of other.

OldBoy 12-11-15 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei (Post 12667369)
I'm not sure what I'll do with myself.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g.../EctoPlasm.jpg

kenbuzz 12-22-15 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 12375081)
My plan is to bump this thread in 10 years.

Or you could bump this thread, that's been idle since 2001 but is just BEGGING to be bumped... particularly since it has a Joltaddict post in it!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2Mq6jQ6Ndw...temptation.jpg

Music 12-22-15 03:25 PM

I pushed the button...

Cardsfan111 12-22-15 03:33 PM

I've said it before, but I always chuckle at the thought of someone receiving an e-mail notification on a thread <s>years</s> a decade later.