Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Can a thread exist in multiple subforums?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-14, 03:08 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Does the forum software allow a single thread to appear in multiple subforums?

Many subjects can realistically appear in two or more subforums, but it seems silly to have multiple active discussions on the same things, like in the Amazon Fire TV threads in Streaming and Tech. And why not start one in Gaming and TV too!

I'd guess it's not possible; but a good solution would be the same exact thread being in multiple places.
Old 04-04-14, 10:38 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts
Re: Can a thread exist in multiple subforums?

I think this question came up before. We can't have the same thread live in 2 different forums. Someone had a sticky that they wanted in multiple forums and we had to put a copy of it. Obviously it then becomes a different thread once copied. Sorry Trevor.
Old 04-04-14, 11:03 PM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Re: Can a thread exist in multiple subforums?

When I browse the forum, I just click "New Posts" and if the title interests me, I check it out regardless of its subforum. I've checked out quite a few threads I would have missed otherwise, because I pretty much have no interest in sports, for example, and wouldn't think to check subforums like this one, the feedback one, on a regular basis. But I do know we have a few members who only frequent certain subforums and don't venture out much (like sticking in video games and avoiding Otter). Every once in a while, I'll bet there's a thread that would really benefit from those members taking a look and contributing but they'll never see it. Not sure how to solve that one.