Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

question threads

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-11, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
question threads

It's probably just me, but do we need a bunch of similar types of question threads on the first page of the dvd talk forum? It gives the impression there's nothing new to talk about on DVD, so we're just coming up with stuff for the sake of it.

I'd rather not call out any posters or threads directly but it should be obvious to anyone glancing at it.

What about some sort of random dvd chat thread instead where people can just post all the random stuff like this in there?
Old 03-11-11, 02:20 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: question threads

My first thought is that, yes, it may just be you!

However, if you wish to start a thread of the kind that you've proposed, by all means go ahead. That is how the forums thrive.

If people are inspired, they will respond. And if they respond in greater numbers to the other threads you have cited... you have your answer.

If it truly appears that certain threads are proper to The Other Forum, or elsewhere, methinks that'd be a question for a local mod. It may simply be that they haven't spotted them yet
Old 03-11-11, 07:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: question threads

That may be the case but I'm not sure how you want to go about changing it. People are free to post what they want (within the rules ) we have no editorial review process. If you want to come up w/ some original topics feel free to do so. If people like the idea they'll post, if not they won't.