Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Corrupt thread?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-10, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Corrupt thread?

There appears to be a problem with "The Unofficial Big Lots Exchange Thread" in the "DVD Exchange" forum. A page 62 is listed, but can't be loaded, and the last post on page 61 is from August 31st. Would appreciate you having a look.
Old 09-11-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
Re: Corrupt thread?

Originally Posted by thetao
There appears to be a problem with "The Unofficial Big Lots Exchange Thread" in the "DVD Exchange" forum. A page 62 is listed, but can't be loaded, and the last post on page 61 is from August 31st. Would appreciate you having a look.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the thread. The last post is the one from the 31st.

One thing you can do is change your settings to allow the max # of posts per page (40 I believe) which would shrink that thread down to 39 pages.
Old 09-11-10, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Corrupt thread?

Could it have anything to do with deleted posts? Often with that thread, when I click the "Go to first new post" button, it does not bring me directly to the newest post, but rather the top of the page, and the posts are not marked as new.

I've always just figured that deleted posts have somehow mucked the number of posts, often causing that button to not direct you to the first new post.

Last edited by MrSmearkase; 09-11-10 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-12-10, 07:58 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What cardsfan111 said...

The 31/8 post was successfully edited quite recently and another now follows it.

I'd suggest PM-ing or emailing Mao with any persistent DVDExchange problems as he is likely to see a communication of that kind faster than something in here. Feedback Forum is probably better for something that has been ongoing for a while and where personal communication appears to have failed.