Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Glyde discussion

Old 12-17-08, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Glyde discussion

I noticed that "Salo" isn't allowed to discuss the Glyde collection site, since he's apprently involved in the creation of it. Can we maybe start a new thread that allows us that are already using it to discuss it, much the same way we've long discussed sites like DVDAF, Profiler and DVDSpot?

Just wanted to ask before I tried to start one and have it immediately locked up.
Old 12-18-08, 12:10 AM
X
Administrator

It was too much promotion of a commercial company's website so we decided it was inappropriate for the person promoting that website to continue to promote it without discussing it first with our site's owners.

Continuing to discuss the website after that initial promotion, particularly in a new thread dedicated to it, encourages other companies to promote their businesses with viral marketing schemes here. So it's best to keep the discussion in the original thread.
Old 12-18-08, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So is this about the Samsung or The Only Really Vegan Condoms?
Old 12-19-08, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by X View Post
Continuing to discuss the website after that initial promotion, particularly in a new thread dedicated to it, encourages other companies to promote their businesses with viral marketing schemes here. So it's best to keep the discussion in the original thread.
This exact thing happened in the Adult Forum......more and more threads came up that were really just shills. Slippery slope indeed.
Old 12-19-08, 04:27 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pedagogue View Post
This exact thing happened in the Adult Forum......more and more threads came up that were really just shills. Slippery slope indeed.
please. all this does is lessen the usefulness of dvdtalk's forums. it's not like it's a competing website with similar features. to the best of my knowledge dvdtalk does not have a organizing database, and glyde does not have discussion forums.
Old 12-19-08, 09:36 AM
X
Administrator

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe View Post
please. all this does is lessen the usefulness of dvdtalk's forums. it's not like it's a competing website with similar features. to the best of my knowledge dvdtalk does not have a organizing database, and glyde does not have discussion forums.
You wouldn't know this, but we have discussed implementing a DVD cataloging system here at DVD Talk.

But just being a company that competes with our forum is not even close to the reason why we don't allow people to post about their commercial sites. I doubt you'd like the way the forum would look if we used your criteria for determining what is spam or not.

Since the OP's question has been answered and the owner of the site in question understands the situation I'm going to close up this thread.