Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Thread List Changes - Glitch? I hope so!

Old 08-13-08, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thread List Changes - Glitch? I hope so!

I've seen some funky stuff on the thread lists recently.

First off, I've never really gotten over adding the poster right below the thread title, now I see some more clutter on the thread list page. It's been hit-and-miss every time I hit reload. I HOPE (really hope) this is just a glitch, because the additions are horrendous:

Old 08-13-08, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've yet to encounter that. But then, the site is loading so slowly for me that I'm having a tough time getting anywhere.
Old 08-13-08, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
I've yet to encounter that. But then, the site is loading so slowly for me that I'm having a tough time getting anywhere.
They're just preparing us for tomorrow's outage.
Old 08-13-08, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Both things you are mentioning is the "text" for those two icons that usually load in it's place. The forum seems to be running slow for some reason, so you're seeing that before the image loads. That's all it is.
Old 08-13-08, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bronkster
They're just preparing us for tomorrow's outage.
The slowness has nothing to do with tomorrow's outage, but it is odd none the less.
Old 08-13-08, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pilot
Both things you are mentioning is the "text" for those two icons that usually load in it's place. The forum seems to be running slow for some reason, so you're seeing that before the image loads. That's all it is.
Thanks for the explanation. I'm not quite sure I understand why the text would show up instead of an icon/picture, but I'm not a web page guy.

The funny thing is that I've never even realized that the "down arrow" was an actual link to the "first new post." I guess I never even really noticed it!
Old 08-13-08, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you put your mouse over the little down arrow, and the little icon next to the first page number, you will see the words.
Old 08-13-08, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pilot
If you put your mouse over the little down arrow, and the little icon next to the first page number, you will see the words.
Yes, I understand that. I just don't quite understand why that would show up instead of a no image "X" or something similar that I have seen normally for icons/pictures that don't load on a webpage.

I can't think of one time that I've ever seen the tool tip show up when something didn't load in time.
Old 08-14-08, 12:02 AM
Premium Member

I fear the outage...

I'd be interested to know what (if any) changes are expected.

It's been horribly slow for me tonight.

Last edited by The Cow; 08-14-08 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-14-08, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Numes
Yes, I understand that. I just don't quite understand why that would show up instead of a no image "X" or something similar that I have seen normally for icons/pictures that don't load on a webpage.

I can't think of one time that I've ever seen the tool tip show up when something didn't load in time.
I guess because text loads quicker/takes up less bandwidth, and since it was going so slow, the image didn't load (quick enough or at all), but the text showed up.