Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Question about the political board.

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 06-10-06, 07:27 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

I know that any one person is not supposed to have more than 4 threads at a time. And I follow that rule.

Sometimes days go by when harldy any new threads are started.

When it is going really slow, could there be an exception to the limit of 4 threads per person? For example, when it's going really slow, could a person who already has 4 threads be allowed to start one new extra thread per day?
Old 06-10-06, 02:04 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
The number 4 isn't a hard number and can vary depending on forum and activity.

We use it as a guideline for several reasons, to prevent one person's interests from saturating a forum, allowing other people's equally valuable threads to stay on the first page of a forum, etc.

If the forum is very slow, as it is now, and you have a subject for a thread just needing to burst out, go ahead and post it.

I don't think a rule of "one new extra thread per day" is a good way to go though. Let's see how activity looks over the next few days and and go from there.
Old 06-10-06, 08:31 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by X
The number 4 isn't a hard number and can vary depending on forum and activity.

We use it as a guideline for several reasons, to prevent one person's interests from saturating a forum, allowing other people's equally valuable threads to stay on the first page of a forum, etc.

If the forum is very slow, as it is now, and you have a subject for a thread just needing to burst out, go ahead and post it.

I don't think a rule of "one new extra thread per day" is a good way to go though. Let's see how activity looks over the next few days and and go from there.
Thank you for answering!