Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Mods, please open this thread back up....

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Mods, please open this thread back up....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-05, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 416 Posts
Originally Posted by shoppingbear
Really? We all know that's not true, and you have no idea how many Islanders have APOLOGIZED to me for your behavior especially, along with Deftones'. You're the one who started a whole "So did you bang her?" thread, just to piss off Tool. Must be hard to understand why someone would be a gentleman and NOT want to share that info... certainly from what I've heard, there aren't any gentlemen at the Island.

For the poster who asked, the Island is a side forum, populated by a bunch of misfits who mostly make fun of all of you here, including Geoff, X, and the other mods. Because no one there expects word to get out, they think they can say the most obnoxious, mean, disrespectful, and vile things there, and no one else will find out.

Unfortunately, in the REAL WORLD, people don't like hearing their friends mocked, and since I've never insulted anyone there at the Island (argueably until today ), people told me what was said. My friends there, and I, are real people who don't like being attacked. Your loss that the result is that my friends at the Island have more loyalty to human beings like myself, than to your "forum code" over at the Island. Maybe if you did something BESIDES attack others, there would be more loyalty... but everyone there is just wondering when it's their turn.
You have absolutely no idea how wrong you are. It's sad, really, that someone is feeding you such trash.
Old 11-22-05, 03:49 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
shoppingbear - you seem to have a skewed version of things, and regardless of what you thought you saw, you didn't see the whole picture. Tool has apparently recruited you to continue an unjustified attack. Now you want to sow discord and mistrust here by making people believe that some unspecified insults are being hurled at various people elsewhere. It just isn't the way you're trying to paint it.
Old 11-22-05, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Again, I will ask you. Where were you attacked? Point out specific instances. You want to keep bringing that point up, and we all want to know where. It seems as though everyone here pretty much sees that you instigated the issue and now you won't back down.
Old 11-22-05, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Really? We all know that's not true, and you have no idea how many Islanders have APOLOGIZED to me for your behavior especially, along with Deftones'. You're the one who started a whole "So did you bang her?" thread, just to piss off Tool. Must be hard to understand why someone would be a gentleman and NOT want to share that info... certainly from what I've heard, there aren't any gentlemen at the Island.

For the poster who asked, the Island is a side forum, populated by a bunch of misfits who mostly make fun of all of you here, including Geoff, X, and the other mods. Because no one there expects word to get out, they think they can say the most obnoxious, mean, disrespectful, and vile things there, and no one else will find out.

Unfortunately, in the REAL WORLD, people don't like hearing their friends mocked, and since I've never insulted anyone there at the Island (argueably until today ), people told me what was said. My friends there, and I, are real people who don't like being attacked. Your loss that the result is that my friends at the Island have more loyalty to human beings like myself, than to your "forum code" over at the Island. Maybe if you did something BESIDES attack others, there would be more loyalty... but everyone there is just wondering when it's their turn.
I'm not going to discuss this on this forum, most likely because this thread will be closed too, but I'm very open to discussing it via email @ xdtscx @ gmail.com. Shoot me a line, as I'd love to discuss this post in greater detail.

But I'm willing to bet you won't bother as you'll likely be proven horribly wrong about all your inside info. But this is my personal and open request to you.
Old 11-22-05, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandoman
shoppingbear - you seem to have a skewed version of things, and regardless of what you thought you saw, you didn't see the whole picture. Tool has apparently recruited you to continue an unjustified attack. Now you want to sow discord and mistrust here by making people believe that some unspecified insults are being hurled at various people elsewhere. It just isn't the way you're trying to paint it.
No, Tool doesn't think this forum (or that one) is worth either his or my time, for several reasons... hence him trying to get banned. I'm not trying to sow anything negative, but it's impossible to explain what happened in this thread without getting into what happened on that other forum (the Island). Even Deftones is trying to say "hey, you attacked me first", probably because he doesn't want anyone to know his attacks were on another board.

Originally Posted by El Scorcho
I'm not going to discuss this on this forum, most likely because this thread will be closed too, but I'm very open to discussing it via email @ xdtscx @ gmail.com. Shoot me a line, as I'd love to discuss this post in greater detail.

But I'm willing to bet you won't bother as you'll likely be proven horribly wrong about all your inside info. But this is my personal and open request to you.
Sending you an email now.

Deftones, I'll stay out of the new thread, we can agree to disagree. My issues with you... we both know this thread was the tip of the iceberg. No worries.
Old 11-22-05, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk God

What did I say on the other forum? I'd be curious to know what you think I said. I could quote myself right now. In fact, I will.

I said something to the effect of "After all these years of giving me crap for Melanie, he now has no room to talk."

I just like how you conveniently continue to persist that I attack you, but you won't tell me how I did. That just goes to show that you have no faith in your faith.
Old 11-22-05, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
....Must be hard to understand why someone would be a gentleman and NOT want to share that info... certainly from what I've heard, there aren't any gentlemen at the Island.
Lady, I don't talk shit about you ever and never had too problematic a relationship with your BF, how about you avoid ad hominem attacks?

You are aware that multiple moderators post there and have for the past ?6? years that 'Islands' have existed, right? I'm not sure they would agree with your characterization of a forum you were never a member of. And nice attempt to try to bring trouble by saying we try to talk badly about X and Geoff "and the other mods" it does reveal your childishness. The mods keep far better tabs on that forum that do your 'informants'.

In sum, fight out whatever issues you choose with whomever you choose, but don't drag me into it (which is what you did by making your broad and inaccurate statements).
Old 11-22-05, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Yeah, Bushdog doesn't talk shit about anyone anymore. He needs permission from the ball and chain to do that.
Old 11-22-05, 04:10 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Arguing on the Internet. Special Olympics. Retarded.
No shit man. Some people really need to grow up. I see I haven't missed anything since I decided years ago to stop reading and posting in other.

I can't believe adults act like this period, much less on the net.

I think I'll go shed some tears for the state of humanity.
Old 11-22-05, 04:13 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts
No, Tool doesn't think this forum (or that one) is worth either his or my time, for several reasons... hence him trying to get banned.
Yeah, that makes sense.

I don't wanna be here so I'll try and get banned

Let's bring down some threads with shit that has nothing to do with DVDTalk. Nice.
Old 11-22-05, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tool lost his temper, and that's not worth a banning. I'm hoping you reconsider.
No, Tool doesn't think this forum (or that one) is worth either his or my time, for several reasons... hence him trying to get banned.
Well, which is it?
Old 11-22-05, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
No shit man. Some people really need to grow up. I see I haven't missed anything since I decided years ago to stop reading and posting in other.

I can't believe adults act like this period, much less on the net.

I think I'll go shed some tears for the state of humanity.
Yeah I know what you mean.

It's kinda like going into NHL strike threads to post how happy you are about it happening so you don't have to watch the highlights on Sportscenter.
Old 11-22-05, 04:18 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by nevermind

It's kinda like going into NHL strike threads to post how happy you are about it happening so you don't have to watch the highlights on Sportscenter.
I always love when someone remembers something random someone posted on a internet board months ago and pulls it up to use it against them later.

And I don't see a parallel at all. Being happy to not have to wait through hockey highlights, and giving hockey fans some good natured ribbing, is no where near on par with adults acting like 13 year olds on internet message boards.
Old 11-22-05, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by nevermind

Or getting suspended for arguing over video games.
Old 11-22-05, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
And I don't see a parallel at all. Being happy to not have to wait through hockey highlights, and giving hockey fans some good natured ribbing, is no where near on par with adults acting like 13 year olds on internet message boards.
That's funny. I thought you were about 13 or 14 in that thread.
Old 11-22-05, 04:25 PM

I'm sorry, I don't really want to jump in here, but why would you try to get banned rather than just not posting anymore? What does that prove? What is the point? I've NEVER understood this. Maybe it's because I'm a lurker rather than a poster, but still. If you don't like a message board, if you don't like the people in it, why not just not post there and not read it? It's not like you have to see the people on a message board on a day to day basis. Heck, you NEVER have to see them. That's the beauty in this whole thing. So really, if Tool has an issue with DVDTalk Other or any other forum, why can't he just leave. If he has to go out with a bang, just post a "see you later guys, I'm not having fun anymore" post and leave. I guess I just don't like the whole idea of trolling around to try and get banned. It just seems rather rude and unfortunate to me. Your opinion will vary, I'm sure.
Old 11-22-05, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Also curious if a "gentleman" tries to hurt people to have his posting privileges revoked because he is somehow unable to stop himself from posting on Internet forums. The chivalrous thing would probably be to just not visit the forum he no longer wants to be a part of now that he finally has a girlfriend, or if he really feels he lacks the control to avoid the forums, to simply ask Geoff and Cranky to remove his accounts from both places in order to make taking up time there more difficult for him.

I do hope that Toolie gets what he's looking for by exiling himself from both communities though I'm not sure what there is to gain by doing so. Though to his credit many have 'pulled a soupy' before so it is not as if he is the only one.

The series of brutal attacks he made against one female member of both forums is also exceedingly un-gentlemanly and extremely disappointing and imo uncomfortably misogynistic. I expected more from him.
Old 11-22-05, 04:36 PM
Retired

What can I say, when I was younger and dumber I got provoked into some personal attacks.

Now I ignore them and use the handy report button. And have been suspension free for quite a while.

BTW, why is this thread still open, with all the bickering and the original issue being resolved by the mods?
Old 11-22-05, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Because at the moment the mods have not closed it?

May I recommend? http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/report.php?p=6569844
Old 11-22-05, 04:43 PM
Retired

I usually don't bother reporting posts in feedback, given that I assume the mods and admins are reading them.

Not to mention the bickeriing was on-going when Nemein and X posted saying a new thread was all they could do, thus resolving the matter.
Old 11-22-05, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 416 Posts
Originally Posted by Bushdog
Because at the moment the mods have not closed it?

May I recommend? http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/report.php?p=6569844
You mean Josh Hinkle isn't a mod?

Last edited by LurkerDan; 11-22-05 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-22-05, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Josh, you're a good deputy mod
Old 11-22-05, 05:13 PM
Retired

Thanks for the vote of confidence Scorcho.
Old 11-22-05, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You should get the "mini-mod" title. Maybe I'll start a petition.

As for Tool....hopefully he finds a place more befitting of his posting style.

Now to find the new Penn thread.

-p
Old 11-22-05, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by La Bella Rose
Not really, they are all friends Bear please don't apologize to those fools.

That whole thread was a prime example of what happens when to many misfits get in a room.

They feed on drama.

The some of the outside forums are getting way to involved with otter...
So now the entire island is full of fools? How is that not enough to warrent a suspension?

Those of us from there have done our best to keep that place seperate from this place. It was you that made a huge stink about it when your friend let you know she was a member. You did a lot of things that caused a lot of the drama that has eventualy led to this.

This is all very unforunate.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.