Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

The Official Forum Upgrade Bug/Issue Thread

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

The Official Forum Upgrade Bug/Issue Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It crashes on both IE and Firefox for me. But it does it more often on Firefox.
Old 12-14-04, 02:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My post are not showing up for allot of people. A guy just made a thread about it and now his thread is gone too.

Also I see a thread I made is 3 threads down it was like 7 threads down before so like 4 threads just want bye bye.
Old 12-15-04, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I looked around and didn't see this mentioned - can you no longer search a single forum from that forum's main page? The older version had a "search this forum" box at the bottom, but now with the search drop down box, you need to go to the advanced search to limit your search to a single forum. That is really annoying me.
Old 12-15-04, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Meatpants
I looked around and didn't see this mentioned - can you no longer search a single forum from that forum's main page? The older version had a "search this forum" box at the bottom, but now with the search drop down box, you need to go to the advanced search to limit your search to a single forum. That is really annoying me.
There's a "Search this Forum" dropdown in the upper right of the thread list on forum's main page.
Old 12-15-04, 12:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigsoos
I've had DVDTalk crash my FireFox 1.0 as well too.
I'm using firefox 1 daily on DVD Talk and have never had a crash
Old 12-15-04, 12:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by seymouru
The subscribe-to-thread link is hidden in the "Thread Tools" dropdown at the top right of the thread. I sure do miss having a direct subscribe link on the page.
It takes a while to get used to... But I've looked at modifying it and the fix isn't quick or easy.
Old 12-15-04, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Geoff,

I noticed you addressed a couple of the recent issues brought up, I was wondering if you could comment on the first issue in my post (#193). Thanks!
Old 12-15-04, 01:04 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gkleinman

Same here, no crashes in Firefox yet (*knocks on wood*).
Old 12-15-04, 11:25 PM

bump:

can anyone tell me why I can't add or delete anything in my sig? ok, ok....I know it's a little long....and I'm willin' to shorten it up a ton....but I can't even delete. it will do it within the sig page itself....but my posts don't reflect this. if it was a browser issue....I would think that I would'nt even be able to stay logged in. I, however, am having no other problems at all.

advice?
Old 12-15-04, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,506 Posts
Just don't buy any more DVDs, and you won't have to update your "recent additions" in your sig. Problem solved.

Seriously though, that's weird. For shits and giggles, I'll try and see if I can change mine.
Old 12-15-04, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,506 Posts
I dunno, Gut, I managed to change my sig with no problems (I added the "RIP" after danol's name ). Of course, my sig is shorter than yours, if that means anything. My main problem is getting logged out all of the time.
Old 12-16-04, 12:17 AM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by gutwrencher
advice?
It was probably too long for the new system. I believe there's a max of 300 characters.

I cleared it out and pasted it below so you can enter whatever it'll let you put back in there. Just quote this post to get your original signature.

My DVD/Film Library...[folders under construction] (DVDAF Charter Member)
most recent additions: Spider-Man 2(superbit), Adam Sandler 2 pak(BM & HG), Hero, Gone With the Wind(4-discer), Seinfeld 1, 2 and 3, Rambo-Ultimate Collection, Ragtime, Ace High, Last Train From Gun Hill, Pee Wee's Playhouse #1, The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection, Ju-on, Killing Machine(Sonny Chiba Collection), Shogun's Samurai, and waiting on more shipments!
Old 12-16-04, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm using 0.9something and it hasn't crashed

Originally Posted by gkleinman
Old 12-17-04, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by X

I cleared it out and pasted it below so you can enter whatever it'll let you put back in there. Just quote this post to get your original signature.

X.....that did the trick. thanks for the response and fix.
Old 12-17-04, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is the forum slow for anyone else or is it just me?? The page loads until it shows the first 2 posts and then it stops for about 15 seconds then loads the rest then the screen flashes and its back to normal. It's getting really old fast. Has been happening since the upgrade. I am using FireFox and IE.
Old 12-29-04, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 577 Likes on 417 Posts
just in case there's a glitch in the matrix causing the problem to be ignored, I'd really appreciate it if this problem would be addressed: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399309

Hell, even a "we're looking into this, hang tight" would be nice.
Old 12-29-04, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LurkerDan
just in case there's a glitch in the matrix causing the problem to be ignored, I'd really appreciate it if this problem would be addressed: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399309

Hell, even a "we're looking into this, hang tight" would be nice.
Been quite busy with all the year end stuff, sorry for the slow response to the issue..
Old 12-30-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just noticed: You can't report your own posts to mods. It sounds like a weird thing to do but I've done it in the past when I had a question about something. I was going to do it just now about asking if the tsunami relief thread should be a sticky and realized the little "!" symbol wasn't there.
Old 01-12-05, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Numes
12-12-04
Well, I thought I'd give it a week before posting again. I haven't seen either of these two issues addressed at all. I was hoping these would at least show up on the "Open Issues" on the first page of this thread. I'm sure things are still in flux, I just wanted to get the word out again.

1. The thread title display puts the original poster below the thread title. Before, there was a column for the original poster. Putting the original poster on a line below the thread title makes the whole thread listings cluttered, there is no flow at all. In addition, it adds a lot of extra lines that are unnecessary, you can't see as many thread titles in one page, and it is much more difficult to scan thread titles quickly.
Originally Posted by Numes
12-15-04
Geoff,

I noticed you addressed a couple of the recent issues brought up, I was wondering if you could comment on the first issue in my post (#193). Thanks!
Anyone? Bueller? Is it possible to get rid of the annoying names below the post and put them in a column so it is easier to scan and read the thread titles? Thanks.
Old 01-19-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know if this is an upgrade bug, but I recently did a reload of my system and now I can't see any reply buttons or message status envelopes on two different browsers. I have to think the images aren't out there to be pulled into my cache.
Old 01-19-05, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bigsierra
I don't know if this is an upgrade bug, but I recently did a reload of my system and now I can't see any reply buttons or message status envelopes on two different browsers. I have to think the images aren't out there to be pulled into my cache.
might be your firewall, but the buttons come from ads.kleinman.com .. not from dvdtalk.com domain..it could be interperted as ads if you have some sort of ad-blocking software as well...
Old 01-19-05, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigsierra
I have to think the images aren't out there to be pulled into my cache.
They're there. Read the FAQ.
Old 01-19-05, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ahh ok, thank you