Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

can we keep the Passion threads down in movie talk?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

can we keep the Passion threads down in movie talk?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-04, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by B.A.
Static - It was getting ridiculous and I think you have done a great job keeping the threads under control. Thank You.
Let me second that. I'm not at all 'passion'ate about the subject matter and I was afraid I was going to have to wade through pages and pages to get to some meat (whoops, I mean fish. It is Friday after all).

Thanks Static.
Old 02-28-04, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everyone's buying into the hype. Gibson's laughing all the way to his Aussie bank account. Eventually, the hype will die down like all things. No need for a seperate forum. Puh-leese.
Old 02-28-04, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
I know, I love how Gibson complains about the 'controversy,' when it was so clearly manufactured and encouraged by him to sell tickets.
Old 02-29-04, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Sierra Disc
I know, I love how Gibson complains about the 'controversy,' when it was so clearly manufactured and encouraged by him to sell tickets.
I don't think Gibson was "money grubbing" at all on this. I'm sure like any filmmaker, he wanted his film to do well but if you have followed this story at all you would know that Gibson did not make this film for the money. If he did, he would be crazy. No one thought this film would make any money.

IMO, The Passion still needs it's own subforum. There are so many different topics being discussed in the main review thread and the few other threads that have been allowed to remain, that it is almost impossible to keep up with the discussion.

In reading some of the threads, I have to double check which one I am in since they are beginning to overlap because I'm sure people are scared to open any new threads. I had to apologize for starting what I thought was a legitimate thread (a poll). If you look at my history, I have been here almost 4 years and I rarely ever start threads. This is the first poll I have ever done.
Old 03-01-04, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just thought I would ask once again about the sub-forum for Passion or at least get an explanation for why there isn't one.

If you read through these threads you will see that there are a number of discussions going on about various topics related to the film and other peripheral topics. It really gets difficult to sift through all of it. Some of the posts are so long they just about have a page to themselves. I don't think anyone could read through the "review" thread and say that thread is only talking about the DVDTalk review of the movie or even reviews in general. There are whole philosophical discussions going on in there.

Will there be a subforum? If not, if you just explain why I'll shut up about it.

Not trying to be a pain, just want an explanation. Thank you .
Old 03-01-04, 11:24 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by moocher
Not trying to be a pain, just want an explanation.
Keep trying.

Seriously, your request has been noted. Again. If Geoff thinks that a subforum is needed, he'll open one. Your explanation is that so far, Geoff hasn't felt the need to open one.
Old 03-02-04, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

OK. I would have preferred a little better explanation but I guess only Geoff could provide that. I'll leave it alone. Thanks at least for responding.