Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Need to save bandwidth? Dump the Video Game Forum (half-kidding)

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-02, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go in and read the threads in the video game forum a few times daily. Why? For the latest gaming news? To discuss gaming issues? No. I go there in order to get a laugh out of the immature, completely speculative nonsense that is thrown back and forth between a few select members.

I join in from time to time just to amuse myself.

But that forum is really amazing. It must have the highest ratio of highjacked threads: how in the hell is it possible to turn almost each and every thread into a my dick is bigger than your dick competition?

I must say that it is quite amusing, but come on guys, grow up.
Old 09-19-02, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny, I was about to say if we needed to save bandwidth, lets get rid of all talks about star wars.. since you know, 3 seconds after the thread starts there is Lucas bashing to the extreme.

also on that note. to save more bandwidth, lets remove all disney discussion.. simply because the amount of times the S in disney is replaced with $ imagen how much space we would save if these talks were killed and these companies where not bashed on.

it's a discussion. video games just bring in a lot more age groups. expect it to be like that.

Say for example book talk. How many fights do you have in there? Maybe it's because the reading public is more civil, or maybe it's because no one goes in there.
Old 09-19-02, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hypocrite.

Originally posted by diacritic
I have more than one penis.
Old 09-19-02, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Aghama
Hypocrite.
Like I said in my original post, I too am guilty. I too have contributed my share of rubbish.

Anyway, I'm just poking fun; but some of the dialogues--and it is always a dialogue between two people--get really out of hand... I think it has gone so far that people have been suspended or banned...

Is it really that hard to have intellectual discussion of video games and consoles?

Last edited by diacritic; 09-19-02 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-19-02, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was referring to your "dick competition" line, in jest.
Old 09-19-02, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

missed that!
Old 09-19-02, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
imagen how much space we would save if these talks were killed and these companies where not bashed on.
How about we eliminate every misspelled word from every Jackskeleton post ever made?!?! We'd have a server or two left over!
Old 09-19-02, 10:16 PM
Mod Emeritus

Curious, you like to stir up crap...

Trigger: Your knowledge is limitless, and your facts irrefutable. I hail to thee. Kill me, and take all my treasure . . .

Although I am unsure of which 50 cent word you are talking about--yes my head is aching and I have lost 125 hit points all at once. Kill me and put me out of my misery. (I don't want this to get into a Josh-Trigger dual).

Anyway I see that you spend most of your time here bashing the Gamecube and praising the X-box, while I spend my free time playing my Gamecube. I wonder why . . . perhaps posting lamentations here is more amusing than playing with your box.

(Sorry, the final paragraph was quite childish. You probably divide your time evenly between DVDTalk and XBox)
Old 09-19-02, 10:17 PM
Mod Emeritus

Old 09-19-02, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Try . . . . hard . . . . not . . . . to . . . . respond . . . .

Seriously, though . . . It's really easy to get caught up in the discussion, but when it goes on for pages and pages it really gets tedious. You'll notice that I gave up my discussion with Trigger very early. It's simply not worth arguing about!

But really, it is hard not to respond to some of the posts. But they can get so repetitive and tedious that if it were not for Groucho's sporadically placed (and very funny) comments, I would avoid most of the debates altogether.

The recent insistence that Nintendo should go only software has been really overdone (Not to mention that it has really hurt my hardware).
Old 09-20-02, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by J-Dubya
How about we eliminate every misspelled word from every Jackskeleton post ever made?!?! We'd have a server or two left over!

PERSONAL ATTACK!! PERSONAL ATTACK!!!

(double checks to make sure he spelled the words just right... )
Old 09-20-02, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
You know, it's hard for me to say it, because I'm one of the few people that actually posts there, but if times are that tough, I say remove the Book FOrum. Few visits, few discussions that couldn't be held in another forum or elesehwere on the Internet. Just my two cents.
Old 09-20-02, 03:10 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Need to save bandwidth? Dump the Video Game Forum (half-kidding)

Originally posted by diacritic
But that forum is really amazing. It must have the highest ratio of highjacked threads: how in the hell is it possible to turn almost each and every thread into a my dick is bigger than your dick competition?

I must say that it is quite amusing, but come on guys, grow up.
My suggestion... be part of the solution, not the problem. If you see a thread going down the tubes, report it instead of joining in.
Old 09-20-02, 06:25 PM
Uber Member

I realize you're just joking, but threads like this can start unnecessary arguments.

Since we're not going to be getting rid of any forums right now (and this would be based on activity and relevance to the forum) I'm going to close this to avoid any arguments.