Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

WHy can we sell dvds and games, but not pc stuff?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-02, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, my thread on selling RAM got locked and blasted. Why is it that we can sell DVDs and Video Games no problem, but its a 'flea market' if we want to sell some PC stuff? Im just curious. I think it would be a great idea to have a forum similar to the dvd/game trading/selling ones.

Last edited by discostu1337; 07-15-02 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-15-02, 06:01 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with this site being called DVD Talk? Video game trading was recently added, but where would you have us stop? Old clothes? Pets?
Old 07-15-02, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
A flea market?

Originally posted by X
Maybe it has something to do with this site being called DVD Talk? Video game trading was recently added, but where would you have us stop? Old clothes? Pets?
I have to agree with X on that, but I don't like to sell or trade stuff online for the sake of security. There are already tons of sites where you can sell your stuff like ebay and half.com.

BTW, X, you have mail.
Old 07-15-02, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well, you have a forum based on PC discussion already, it would only make sense to have an exchange as well. O well, was just a question anyways, no biggie.
Old 07-15-02, 10:04 PM
Needs to provide a working email

I agree that limits and rules are necessary, and if selling hardware is out of the limits, so be it. But I did think the "fleamarket" comment was snide and rude without needing to be.
Old 07-15-02, 10:16 PM
Registered

The key issue is that for every exchange area, we need someone on our end there to help when trades go bad.

With DVDs and Video Games, the odds of getting something that doesn't work is MUCH lower than Hardware.

It's just too much to ask DVD Talk to get into a space where we have to be involved with a dispute between 2 traders one who says 'it worked fine when I sent it' and another who says 'but it's broken'

Thanks for your post, I do appreciate you raising the issue and asking the question
Old 07-15-02, 10:22 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally posted by Darren Garrison
But I did think the "fleamarket" comment was snide and rude without needing to be.
I'm sorry you didn't take "fleamarket" or "swap meet" or whatever term I happen to use for disposing of odds and ends, in the same way I do. We happen to have fairly high-end fleamarkets in my part of the country. And this poster didn't seem to mean to be rude either - http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=222582. In my lexicon, fleamarket is synonymous with a marketplace of potpourri having no focus.

But thanks so much for your constructive comment!
Old 07-15-02, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I guess a dedicated FS/FT HT Hardware Forum would be out of the question?
Old 07-16-02, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PC stuff is harder to track on what is over clocked, tampered with, used, and even broken. I think we should have some limits on what exactly can be traded, bought/sold on a place based on DVD's.

Video games are one thing.. but do we need an OTHER trade/exchange sub site for all those loose ends aswell?
Old 07-16-02, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Originally posted by Jackskeleton

Video games are one thing.. but do we need an OTHER trade/exchange sub site for all those loose ends aswell?
Damn, and I was just about to propose a "Used underwear trading" forum...oh well...