Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Something needs to be done in the video game forum.....

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-01, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

There are tons of threads/polls popping up about the Xbox and Gamecube and PS2. Most of them are just rehashing previous discussions. They are monopolizing most of the threads on the first page. It's getting really difficult to have/read discussions of stuff that are not based upon Xbox/PS2/GameCube.

Personally, I'd suggest another mod to kind of clean up the area. Or have one of the "rover" mods go in and step up and clean it up.

It's just getting really monotonous trying to skim through "Should I get Xbox or Gamecube?" and "Which is going to be better XBox, Gamecube, or PS2?" threads every 10 minutes.
Old 08-30-01, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I will check it out....

roverc
Old 08-30-01, 09:18 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A cut back on the system bashing would be nice too. I'd hate to see this forum degenerate to the level of other video game forums on the net that are basically a bunch of geeky kids saying "my system rules and yours sucks."
Old 08-30-01, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with the above posts. There's been tons of discussion on consoles, it'd be nice to see some more specific game discussion. There's only so much you can talk about with two systems that aren't being released for over 2 months. Games, that's a different story ...
Old 08-31-01, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Thanks randyc and Bushdog!
Old 08-31-01, 03:08 AM
Uber Member

I've been in there every once in awhile over the past couple weeks, but my unfamiliarity with the console gaming world has kept me from getting too deeply into that stuff.

If you (or anyone who participates in the forum regularly) would start up one and only threads as you think is necessary, we'd be happy to help enforce them.

Also, if you think something needs attention (too much system bashing for example) you could send any of the mod *'s (which includes me actually) an email and we'll take care of it.
Old 08-31-01, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, the polls are getting insane. It's the same poll over and over (XBox, PS2 or GC...Will XBox fail...Will XBox succeed, etc.). Thanks for walking in there and locking some of the posts. I know I'm just a lowly Senior Member, but I do have moderator experience and I spend most of my time in Video Games and Otter on this site. If you guys need a moderator, I'd be happy to do it.

Thanks again for locking some of the redundant threads. I am also getting sick of the console bashing as well. I try to have some sort of intellectual conversation even though it may seem I am anti-XBox, I just want someone to show me why I need an XBox at this time . Anyway, I've typed enough (and enough off-topic for the feedback area).
Old 09-03-01, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by AgtFox
It's the same poll over and over (XBox, PS2 or GC...Will XBox fail...Will XBox succeed, etc.).
At least three of them started in Other and got moved. Mods do occasionally check if its redundant before moving but not always. A Kev Smith thread in Other was closed instead of moved so now with enough mods this should be standard practice.
Old 09-22-01, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure when it was done, but I just noticed namja is a video game forum moderator. Thanks for the change!