Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Mill Creek Euerka Complete Series Blu-ray Set

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-21, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts
Mill Creek Euerka Complete Series Blu-ray Set

Does anyone know if the quality is as bad as a few Amazon Reviewers state? There are more + than - reviews; but a few reviews state the video is poor (worse than the dvd's) & there is serious audio drop out (1 reviewer said there is a 10 minute section of silence).

Other reviewers of the same edition seem pleased. It's on sale for $26 on Amazon right now, & I need to decide whether to bite.
Old 06-23-21, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts
Re: Mill Creek Euerka Complete Series Blu-ray Set

I believe the set was out for years in Europe before Mill Creek got it for North America. No idea if Mill Creek did the show poorly.
The following users liked this post:
MooMooMooMoo (06-23-21)
Old 06-23-21, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I believe the set was out for years in Europe before Mill Creek got it for North America. No idea if Mill Creek did the show poorly.
Thanks. What I've read is the German edition which was out first & is on 18 discs is mediocre; & the 12 disc Mill Creek is somewhere between Poor - Awful. I did end up biting due to the almost 2/3 off Mill Creek's regular price (according to Amazon). I just hope the small percentages of reviewers who said it was missing chunks of audio are wrong or it will be going back.

Apparently the original master isn't real good.

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 06-23-21 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-24-21, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 145 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Thanks. What I've read is the German edition which was out first & is on 18 discs is mediocre; & the 12 disc Mill Creek is somewhere between Poor - Awful. I did end up biting due to the almost 2/3 off Mill Creek's regular price (according to Amazon). I just hope the small percentages of reviewers who said it was missing chunks of audio are wrong or it will be going back.

Apparently the original master isn't real good.
I have the German set, and it was really cheap (pretty sure it's region free). I haven't noticed that it was particularly bad presentation, but I will go back and have a look soon to see.
Old 07-09-21, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Having watched 50% of it, there are some mastering issues (very low bit rate in places, & a minor strobing effect), but for $26 for 12 discs I can live with it. I am not running into any of the audio issues that a few reviewers mention, & I'm on the last disc of S3. The reported audio problems were in S01.

Due to the price, I can live with it. If I'd paid list ($75) it would have already been returned. It has gone up from $26 to $42.
Old 07-10-21, 05:01 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Unless I start to have serious issues with my DVD seasons of Eureka, I don't feel compelled to "upgrade" to these Mill Creek blu-rays. I don't have any kind of a high regard for Mill Creek stuff. They usually just see how cheaply they can get away with their releases, sometimes even cutting large chunks out of the movie for some whim or other (ex: The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns went from 172m down to 139m with Mill Creek). And look what they did to Sliders...
Old 07-10-21, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kd5
Unless I start to have serious issues with my DVD seasons of Eureka, I don't feel compelled to "upgrade" to these Mill Creek blu-rays. I don't have any kind of a high regard for Mill Creek stuff. They usually just see how cheaply they can get away with their releases, sometimes even cutting large chunks out of the movie for some whim or other (ex: The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns went from 172m down to 139m with Mill Creek). And look what they did to Sliders...
Agreed. I bought this because I didn't have the dvd's & it was on sale at 2/3's off.