Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Need Help with two DVD's... Harry Potter Unicorn??? Willy Wonka what is the ticket thing?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Need Help with two DVD's... Harry Potter Unicorn??? Willy Wonka what is the ticket thing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-21, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there; I'm new. If I can help anyone let me know. My collection will be smaller than most I collect only my top 250 and that's it. Then I weed out from there. My questions begin with the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD... i have been cataloguing my DVD's and got to this one and throwing me off. The outside cover is lenticular and says "Two-Disc Deluxe Edition". The inside plastic normal case says "Two-Disc Special Edition". Inside however there are THREE discs. I could not find anything about this online anywhere. One disc is the movie (regular DVD Widescreen copy). Another disc is the "Special Features" disc. And there is a third disc clipped to the inside "Building the Magic: The Sets of Harry Potter". Which belongs to this because it also has the Order of the Phoenix imprinting. I have seen several without the third disc and one where the special features is something else... Do I have a unicorn copy? I have a second question about the 40th Anniversary Limited and numbered edition of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The set contains a really nice book, some copies of letters/production materials, a pencil case with pencils and an eraser and the three disc (Blu Ray/DVD and other features) set. It's a really nice set and 100k were sold. While cataloguing, I noticed on Google a couple people showed "Golden tickets" (Shiny foil). My set was new and did NOT contain that. Was that like 5 were inserted or something in those 100k? What is that? So far, I've catalogued 187 DVD's... I only own two VHS's.. I can't copy them and I need them they did not make DVD's of it so I'm stuck and I can't convert anymore; I think this one is blocked from doing so. It was a cartoon called "Tom Sawyer" and I keep it to go with the Presentation Animation cel I have that was presented by the Producer to the main voice artist (who signed my cel). So I need to keep that. The other is a CV from an actor... lol It's a personal gift and so I want to keep it. But if anyone knows how I can convert without getting into trouble that VHS, I'm all ears!
Old 01-22-21, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,738 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Re: Need Help with two DVD's... Harry Potter Unicorn??? Willy Wonka what is the ticket thing?

Your Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix DVD is probably the limited edition Target exclusive.

https://harrypotternotes.wordpress.c...f-the-phoenix/
Old 01-22-21, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,738 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Re: Need Help with two DVD's... Harry Potter Unicorn??? Willy Wonka what is the ticket thing?

...and for the Willy Wonka set, I found this:

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/557..._1971_uce.html

Also included are reproductions of correspondence related to the film, include a casting list for Willy with Danny Kaye and Peter Sellers considered, letters to cast members from production, and a handwritten note from Gene Wilder, and a Wonka Bar replica tin that contains four pencils and an eraser that are scented. A few buyers will enjoy Wonka's Golden Ticket, which offers a code to enter a contest where Five Grand Prize winners will win a trip for two to Los Angeles, two tickets to the Warner Brothers VIP Studio Tour, and $1,000. Forty runner-ups will win a collectible reproduction of the original movie poster.
Sounds like there were only 45 or so of those "golden tickets" randomly inserted into sets.
Old 05-09-21, 09:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonderful quote full of meaning