Reload this Page >

TV on DVD* The Tenth Season Discussion Thread

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-02-19, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Tenth Season of the TV on DVD Challenge
Ah, January. It's cold, there's very little new content in any entertainment field and most football fans have already figured out that their teams are going nowhere. Is there a better time to hibernate on the couch and gorge on TV shows?

Guidelines/Rules
This challenge begins at Dusk (your time) on Boxing Day, 26 December 2019, and concludes at Dawn (your time), 1 February 2020.
Eligible content is anything originally produced for television broadcast, including television series, mini-series, made-for-TV movies and specials (including, but not limited to, stand-up specials and music performances).
Also eligible are movies that are directly part of the continuity of eligible content. If you are uncertain, please ask in the discussion thread!
This is not a challenge pitting your final view count against anyone else's. You're fighting your own schedule and capacity for gorging on TV content. You are therefore welcome to count your viewing totals however you wish, as it will only matter to you.
Remember also that 1 January overlaps with the Holiday Challenge, so if you've got any Holiday-themed TV content you want to squeeze in, it counts for both challenges on that day.
* The emphasis of this challenge should be to explore the impact that the DVD format has had on how we view TV content, but you are not restricted to the DVD format. You may watch your content on VHS, Blu-ray, over-the-air broadcast, digital download, online streaming; whatever format suits you.

Don't forget to check out the TV Talk sub-forum, where you may very well find other fans of the shows you choose to watch during the challenge!

Old 12-02-19, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: TV on DVD* The Tenth Season Discussion Thread

This one is the one that speaks to me most as 75% of what I watch is TVonDVD/BR.
Old 12-02-19, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
This one is the one that speaks to me most as 75% of what I watch is TVonDVD/BR.

Same here.
Old 12-03-19, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

One thing I like about this challenge is tv series and sports make up the majority of my viewing. Even during the Holiday Challenge, when Iím not watching holiday programs, Iím watching regular tv.
Old 12-06-19, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yesterday I got some free Amazon gift cards, so I decided to use it for digital tv to make use of during the Challenge. I found Wild with David Attenborough for $10, which consisted of all three of his Smithsonian Channel shows.
Old 12-13-19, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I started gathering my TV series up today as the Challenge starts in just a couple weeks. Iíve even started watching things early as TV shows make up most of my viewing.