DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Super Globetrotters

Old 07-13-14, 01:02 AM

The Super Globetrotters

I am so excited that The Super Globetrotters is going to be released on DVD, although I am not sure when... only when the folks at Warner Archive say so.

This 1979 Hanna-Barbera cartoon reimagines the Harlem Globetrotters as true superheroes. Two of them even have the same powers as The Impossibles' Multi Man and Fluid Man. (The Impossibles was another cartoon H-B did, back in 1966.)

What I'm worried about over this show is that there may be a circumstance added to its general status as a cult favorite being an "announced but canceled DVD release" a la the season 3 DVD set of the Nickelodeon teen-comedy series The Adventures of Pete & Pete. In other words, I hope its DVD release is not mythical.

~Ben
Old 07-13-14, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Super Globetrotters

I loved that show as a kid but I saw some episodes on Cartoon Network or Boom a few years back and they did not hold up well. It would still be cool to see them released though.