Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 7th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (Oct 1-31) Pt 4

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 7th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (Oct 1-31) Pt 4

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-11, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 7th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (Oct 1-31) P

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
The thread Chad posts later today should include that.
Well, it's probably gonna be late night tonight. I'm about to take a breather and head off to B&N and take advantage of the 20% coupon before it expires. That, and I still haven't even figured who's gonna get what. This is very last-minute, but I set a deadline and will abide by it.

BTW, if you happen to read the thread at work tomorrow morning, many of the videos are extremely NSFW. Just throwing that out there. Possible spoilers, too.

And ....if you weren't a winner before, you might be now. I somehow managed to miscount the prize availability and there was still one left to give away. Just sent the PM.

Finally, one last reminder that if you're a winner and already own any of the prizes (listed in the first post of discussion thread #4) let me know and I'll try to avoid sending you something you already have. Once the thread goes up it'll probably be too late.
Old 11-20-11, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 7th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (Oct 1-31) P

Originally Posted by Chad
Just a heads up that I've notified all the winners via PM and also through email when available so keep an eye out for that and get back with your address as soon as you can.

Old 11-20-11, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry, but something important popped up that I have to deal with. I'll try and post tomorrow.
Old 11-21-11, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

I was lucky enough to get a PM. I'm looking forward to seeing the results thread. We all sure watched a lot of movies this year.

I've missed seeing this thread getting bumped. I've still been watching some horror movies, some that I had wanted to see in October. I've been tempted to come discuss here.
Old 11-21-11, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clckworang
I've missed seeing this thread getting bumped. I've still been watching some horror movies, some that I had wanted to see in October. I've been tempted to come discuss here.
Me too! I watched "Colin" and then was sad I couldn't come here and discuss it with anyone.
Old 11-21-11, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How was it? I think it's in my Netflix queue.

November has been a little bit of catch-up. A friend of mine was dying all last month to watch Children of the Corn, which we watched last weekend, and The Shining, which we watched Saturday. Off the top of my head, I've also watched Piranha (original) and Intruder. I know there have been some more. I thought the Blu-ray for Intruder looked great. Love the effects in that movie. I still haven't had a chance to watch the work print version yet. Maybe this weekend.
Old 11-21-11, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

---> Results Thread.

Old 11-22-11, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clckworang
How was it? I think it's in my Netflix queue.

November has been a little bit of catch-up. A friend of mine was dying all last month to watch Children of the Corn, which we watched last weekend, and The Shining, which we watched Saturday. Off the top of my head, I've also watched Piranha (original) and Intruder. I know there have been some more. I thought the Blu-ray for Intruder looked great. Love the effects in that movie. I still haven't had a chance to watch the work print version yet. Maybe this weekend.
I thought "Colin" was great. It's the best zombie movie I watched this year and one of the best horror movies I watched, period. It kinda makes me want to go out and try to make a good horror movie for $70 since I know it can be done now.

I still need to see Intruder. I'll have to track it down for next year. Did you ever end up watching "Hush Hush Sweet charlotte"?
Old 11-23-11, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by edwardnortonfan
I thought "Colin" was great. It's the best zombie movie I watched this year and one of the best horror movies I watched, period. It kinda makes me want to go out and try to make a good horror movie for $70 since I know it can be done now.

I still need to see Intruder. I'll have to track it down for next year. Did you ever end up watching "Hush Hush Sweet charlotte"?
Nice. I'll definitely check "Colin" out. No, regrettably, I didn't get a chance to revisit "Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte" this challenge, but the HD recording is still sitting on my DVR. I'm planning on introducing the movie to some friends of mine. Some of them laugh and say that since they they started hanging out with me, they have never watched so many B&W movies. But hey, I don't steer them wrong. I know they'll really enjoy it.
Old 11-23-11, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Every week a new American Horror Story comes on I feel like I am back in the challenge.