Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Nickelodeon/Shout! Factory Releases

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-11, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Nickelodeon/Shout! Factory Releases

I'm glad this thread got bumped, since I somehow missed it. to Rocko's Modern Life getting released.

Here's hoping Aaahh!!! Real Monsters can get a release, too.
Old 04-17-11, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I'm glad this thread got bumped, since I somehow missed it. to Rocko's Modern Life getting released.

Here's hoping Aaahh!!! Real Monsters can get a release, too.
Shout! Factory has the distribution rights for Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, so I expect the first season will be released by them sooner than later.
Old 05-09-11, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Arnold Season 1 August 9. Already had this one will be re-getting it
Old 05-09-11, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's the information regarding Hey Arnold! Season One:

Originally Posted by TVShowsOnDVD
It's life in the big city, with Grandpa, Grandma, Abner the pig, and a host of other friends and neighbors, the likes of which you couldn't find anywhere else but here, on Hey Arnold! Now you can kick back and enjoy the full Season 1 collection of this cult favorite that made football-headed 4th-graders all the rage! Stars: Toran Caudell (7thHeaven), Dan Castellenata (The Simpsons, Futurama), Tress MacNeille (The Simpsons, Futurama), Jamil Walker Smith (Shark Tale), and Francesca Smith.

Previously available starting in 2008 exclusively as a manufacture-on-demand release through Amazon's CreateSpace program, the folks at Nickelodeon have now teamed up with Shout! Factory for a general retail release of Hey Arnold! - Season 1. Available starting August 9th at a participating store near you (or you can pre-order it from Amazon.com using the provided link below), The 4-DVD set is less expensive this time, too, starting at a list price of $29.93 SRP and being discounted from there. Video is full frame, and audio is English stereo. Here's the front cover art:

SOURCE

Looking forward to adding this to my collection. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next month another title is announced for release in September.
Old 05-09-11, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also heard they're releasing Webster S3 but yet they can't negotiate the rights to Rhoda S5? Hoping they'll still get them plus the last three seasons of Green Acres.
Old 05-09-11, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by rmw650
Also heard they're releasing Webster S3 but yet they can't negotiate the rights to Rhoda S5? Hoping they'll still get them plus the last three seasons of Green Acres.
I'm sure the final season of Rhoda will be released sooner or later. But since this thread is only for Nickelodeon/Shout! Factory releases, let's try to avoid discussion of other shows, lest the thread get off topic.
Old 05-09-11, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like I spoke too soon, lol. The Angry Beavers: Seasons One & Two, coming to DVD August 23rd:

Originally Posted by TVShowsOnDVD
Take a walk on the mild side with bachelor brothers Dagget and Norbert, as they strike out on their own in the classic Nickelodeon show The Angry Beavers. These boys like to party hard and play all day, that is, until sleep deprivation drives them mad! Meet up with friends Stump (an actual tree stump), Barry Bear (he has a fear of clowns), Treeflower (the love of Norbert's life), and more. You're gonna laugh (definitely), cry (maybe), and have a good ol' time when you see how these normally good-natured siblings put the "antics" in "angry"! On DVD for the first time! Long anticipated by fans: all 26 episodes from the first and second seasons on a 4-DVD set!

Last year Amazon's manufacture-on-demand program, CreateSpace, exclusively released "best of" DVD sets for the first three seasons (there were four broadcast seasons in all). Now Nickelodeon has paired up with Shout! Factory to release, at general retail (meaning it could come to a store near you!) a 4-DVD set of The Angry Beavers - Seasons 1 & 2. Running 572 minutes long, the cost is just $29.93 SRP...and you can pre-order it from the Amazon button link below at a discount, too! Underneath that is the package art. This title will be available starting August 23rd.

SOURCE

I can't wait to pick up all of these Nickelodeon shows on DVD, after years of waiting.

Last edited by kstublen; 05-09-11 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-09-11, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Awesome news about Hey Arnold and Angry Beavers. Hopefully they release seasons 3 and 4 of Angry Beavers together as well.
Old 05-09-11, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I am SO happy they are finally releasing the Nicktoons on DVD! Hey Arnold and Rocko are my favs, I love Angry Beavers as well!
Old 05-17-11, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Figured I should post this here. According to one of our forum members, inside The Wild Thornberrys: Season One there was an insert advertising future releases:

Originally Posted by TM63975
Inside was an insert promoting the release of Hey Arnold, The Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, Aaahhh! Real Monsters, Cat Dog, & Danny Phantom.
Now, we already have release dates for the first four shows, and we knew about Danny Phantom a while back, but it's good to know Shout! also has the distribution rights for CatDog.

Here's a list of Nicktoons and current "official" DVD release status:

01 Doug
02 Rugrats
03 The Ren & Stimpy Show (Complete Series released by Paramount)
04 Rocko's Modern Life (Official Release(s) planned by Shout! Factory)
05 Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (Official Release(s) planned by Shout! Factory)
06 KaBlam!
07 Hey Arnold! (Official Release(s) planned by Shout! Factory)
08 The Angry Beavers (Official Release(s) planned by Shout! Factory)
09 Oh Yeah! Cartoons
10 The Wild Thornberrys (Official Release(s) planned by Shout! Factory)
11 CatDog (Official Release(s) planned by Shout! Factory)
12 SpongeBob SquarePants (Series currently being released by Paramount)
13 Rocket Power
14 Pelswick
15 As Told by Ginger
16 The Fairly OddParents
17 Invader Zim (Complete Series released by Media Blasters, but now OOP)
18 Action League Now!
19 ChalkZone
20 The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
21 All Grown Up!
22 My Life as a Teenage Robot
23 Danny Phantom (Official Release(s) planned by Shout! Factory)

I stopped at Danny Phantom since the next one after that was Avatar: The Last Airbender and it just doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the Nicktoons. Also, the last show I watched that classified as a Nicktoon was Danny Phantom, although I didn't watch it regularly and only caught a few random episodes, but since it's from the same people who do The Fairly Odd Parents, which has its roots in Oh Yeah! Cartoons (as does My Life as a Teenage Robot), I think those should be included.

Last edited by kstublen; 05-17-11 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-17-11, 09:02 PM

I have never even heard of Danny Phantom, lol. What the hell is that?
Old 05-18-11, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kory
I have never even heard of Danny Phantom, lol. What the hell is that?
A show that came out in the mid 2000s, made by the creators of The Fairly Oddparents. It's about a teen boy who's also a ghost/superhero. Not my cup of tea personally but its alright.
Old 05-18-11, 07:54 PM

Ahh. Some of these came out a little after my time, I guess. I'm only 25 (in July), but I was too old for The Fairly Oddparents, so I'm sure I was too old for this.
Old 05-18-11, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kory
Ahh. Some of these came out a little after my time, I guess. I'm only 25 (in July), but I was too old for The Fairly Oddparents, so I'm sure I was too old for this.
You're never too old to watch cartoons. I'll be 23 (in July) lol
Old 05-18-11, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

To be fair, The Fairly OddParents would have first aired as a part of Oh Yeah! Cartoons when you were 12, so you probably weren't "too old" then. I definitely remember watching it in those segments first, but once it got its own series I watched it too, although not as regularly since I had other shows I watched.

But like JohnnyDaBull said, you're never too old for Cartoons. I'm the same age (23) and enjoy a lot of old and new cartoons. Danny Phantom was after "my time" I guess you would say, but I enjoyed the episodes I saw of it. And if you think you're too old for Cartoons, do yourself a favor and check out the children's show Charlie And Lola; incredible animated show that definitely isn't geared at our age group, but I love it.

---

As to the topic though, I definitely have no interest in Nicktoons that are being produced nowadays; I've seen clips and read about them, and they all seem pretty bad. Of course, I haven't watched them, so for all I know they could be great shows. Danny Phantom is the last one I watched on-air and since it was created by the same people who were around early in the history of Nicktoons, I think it has earned a place amongst the rest.
Old 05-18-11, 10:42 PM

Yeah, I remember when OddParents first started. Maybe I wasn't technically too old, but I know I didn't like the show and I felt it was a little "beneath" me, lol.
Old 05-19-11, 01:00 AM

Shout! not getting Rugrats is almost a complete deal-breaker for me. I mean, the only way to see it in its entirety legally is through Netflix, and Viacom is removing all of its shows off NEtflix by the end of the month.
Old 05-19-11, 08:33 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Are they definitely taking them off of Netflix? I know they have expirations soon, but I was hoping that Viacom may renew their contract.
Old 05-19-11, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Super Leviathan
Shout! not getting Rugrats is almost a complete deal-breaker for me. I mean, the only way to see it in its entirety legally is through Netflix, and Viacom is removing all of its shows off NEtflix by the end of the month.
I'm sure Shout! will eventually get the rights for Doug and Rugrats.
Old 05-19-11, 01:17 PM

And I'd say that if these releases sell reasonably well, that would push Nickelodeon to give Shout! the rights for those two.
Old 05-20-11, 11:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd really love for Shout to get the rights to Are You Afraid Of The Dark. The sets in canada go for ungodly amounts on the secondhand market.
Old 05-21-11, 01:14 AM

That's why I'm glad I got them all when they were first being released. They were only 20 dollars or so. Of course the shipping was through the roof though.
Old 06-01-11, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468
As cool as Hey Dude's release is, I would be thrilled if we ended up seeing Pete & Pete Season 3 or a Salute Your Shorts Complete Series set...
your right i own the first 2 seasons of pete and pete and im sad the 3rd season might not come to dvd in america
Old 06-11-11, 07:43 PM

Danny Phantom: Season One - 9/13

Last edited by rednowgreen; 06-13-11 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-12-11, 01:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the first season of Rugrats through amazon, but I'm seriously thinking of holding back to get the rest until Shout Factory puts them out. Hopefully they will.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.