Old 06-13-11, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Nickelodeon/Shout! Factory Releases

Someone should tell tvshowsondvd about that
Old 06-14-11, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I figured someone would've submitted it by now. I'll do it now, just in case.
Old 06-14-11, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's the cover art for Danny Phantom: Season One (spoilered for size):

Spoiler:
Old 06-20-11, 11:56 AM

Got S1 of Rocko thanks to Amazon shipping it out early and the packaging impressed me. While the insert makes sense to have in, it also blocks disc 1's episode listing, but it can be removed, so it's no big deal. The ep lists are nice and have about a paragraph of info for everything, which is nice since I haven't seen many eps in years and having that instead of just titles makes it much easier to figure out which ep is which. The VQ is fantastic given how old they are, although I'm not sure if it's a must-own right now since the eps are still available for streaming on Netflix.

Last edited by JPeeples; 06-20-11 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-20-11, 03:56 PM

^^^Def picking it up tomorrow!!! Will be the 2nd time since I purchased vol 1 and 2 from createspace already (no longer have any of those )
Old 06-20-11, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For anyone interested, Best Buy's website has The Wild Thornberrys: Season One for $12.99.

---

Looking forward to receiving Rocko's Modern Life tomorrow as well. Hey JPeeples, you said Rocko's Modern Life came with an insert; if it has CatDog advertised on it would you mind scanning it and either posting it or submitting it to TVShowsOnDVD.com; I have one from my Thornberrys set but my printer is broken.

EDIT: Nevermind, I took a picture on my phone.

---

I Tweeted Shout! to ask about possible future releases that haven't been announced yet, they replied: "LOL. Nope, thus the nature of unannounced More soon!" So it looks like they're going to keep rolling out these releases, which is good news for those of us that have been waiting years for Nick shows on DVD.

Last edited by kstublen; 06-20-11 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-21-11, 02:21 PM

Went to Best Buy today to pick up Rocko, and to my chagrin...not really they didn't have it. The BB I frequent has some of the shitiest employees and a shit layout of the store with no new release table. So needless to say I'm going to have to pick this up at a later date.
Old 06-21-11, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You should always check inventory online before going to the store; will save you a trip and some frustration.

Received mine from Amazon today (no sales tax) and can't wait to burn through the episodes. This was one of my favorite shows growing up and was in my "Top 5 Most Wanted DVDs" so I'm very happy to finally have it in my collection. God bless the people at Shout! Factory. I just hope these sell well enough for Shout! to follow through on the shows and get all the seasons out. In all honesty, they could've released a Complete Series set every month or two and I'd have picked 'em up without hesitation.

---

My guess is that the episodes are the edited versions, but that's a minor complaint at this point since they wouldn't have been released otherwise. And honestly, while I watched these as a kid and remember a lot of the episodes, I couldn't tell you what's missing.

It's hard to believe that not too long ago Amazon was selling an entire season in split volumes for $27 each, and now we've got the entire season in a proper format for $14, lol. I'm so glad I held off on getting them earlier. Patience is truly a virtue.

Last edited by kstublen; 06-21-11 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-21-11, 03:05 PM

^^^ I did and do every time before I go and the website is not reliable. To be honest it's laughable how often they claim to have something in stock, and when I show it's nowhere to be found. I did find a Blu Ray that isn't supposed be out until next month so I guess me and BB are even for now lol.
Old 06-21-11, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The website is usually accurate for me unless the store has less than three in stock. Maybe your store's just bad about updating their inventory.
Old 06-21-11, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So yeah, these episodes are edited. It sucks, but I'd rather have this than nothing. It's funny because I actually remember the seen where Heffer gets milked at the ranch from when I was a kid; surprised I remember that after all these years, but when it didn't happen in the episode I was immediately reminded of it. Anyway, there's a discussion about it at the Shout! Factory Forums and their hands were tied by Nickelodeon. Not surprising in the least, but again, better a few minor edits than nothing at all.
Old 06-22-11, 08:30 PM

Finally got this at WalMart...they are getting better at carrying things BB doesn't have...like everything. As far as the eps, if they ever release Doug let's just hope they can get all the eps for the fourth season since createspace acted as if they didn't exist.
Old 06-22-11, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
Finally got this at WalMart...they are getting better at carrying things BB doesn't have...like everything. As far as the eps, if they ever release Doug let's just hope they can get all the eps for the fourth season since createspace acted as if they didn't exist.
They're on iTunes, so I assume if Shout does Doug they will have access to all the seasons.
Old 06-23-11, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by The Monkees
They're on iTunes, so I assume if Shout does Doug they will have access to all the seasons.
Createspace released the entire series (Nick version) except for two episodes in the 4th season -_-... So it was 3 complete seasons with the 4th season being called the best of. I hope they have all the eps now.
Old 06-27-11, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know this would just be a stab in the dark, but I'm wondering if Shout would be up for releasing the 1992 version of The Tomorrow People on DVD in the US (The UK has it, but it doesn't look like it'll be released here any time soon).

I remember watching it on Nick as a kid and loving it.
Old 07-12-11, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters - 'Season 1' of the Nickelodeon Classic is Now Set for Retail Stores:

Originally Posted by TVShowsOnDVD
Scary doesn't get any sillier than Season 1 of the hit Nickelodeon show Aaahh!!! Real Monsters! These monsters-in-training make fright a hoot as they try to learn the tricks of the scary monster trade. Check out Ickis, Oblina, and Krumm, and their herculean efforts to master The Gromble's class on proper scare techniques. So pull up a seat in the Monster Academy, the scariest (NOT!) place under the city dump, and get ready for lessons so bizarre, they're scary! Stars: Charles Adler (Transformers, Sonic the Hedgehog), Christine Cavanaugh (Rugrats, Dexter's Laboratory), and David Eccles. All 13 Season 1 episodes on DVD for the first time! From Klasky Csupo, the creators of Rugrats and The Wild Thornberrys. Nominated for a Daytime Emmy in Outstanding Achievement in Animation.
Several weeks ago we reported that Shout!'s general retail release of The Wild Thornberrys included an insert with the heads-up that one of their upcoming Nickelodeon-based general DVD releases would be Aaahh!!! Real Monsters - Season 1. Now they've formally scheduled a 2-disc set for October 4th, at a price of just $19.93 SRP. Here's the familiar-looking front cover art:

Spoiler:
SOURCE
Old 07-12-11, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

CatDog - Shout!/Nickelodeon Sets a Retail Release Date for 'Season 1, Part 1':

Originally Posted by TVShowsOnDVD
The first ten Season 1 episodes, long anticipated by fans, on DVD for the first time! It's opposites attached with the most unlikely brother duo ever in Season 1, Part 1 of the hit Nickelodeon show CatDog. Two packed discs will have you howling with laughter and purring with delight as conjoined brothers Cat and Dog maneuver their way around their hometown of Nearburg while trying to avoid the bully Greaser Dogs and Winslow T. Oddfellow, the devious blue mouse that lives in the wall of their house.

So get ready for a wild ride with Cat, Dog, Rancid Rabbit, Lube, Cat's Swedish Penpal, Ingrid, Eddie the Squirrel, and a host of other characters sure to make you sit up and beg for more! Stars: Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants, Rocko'sModern Life), Jim Cummings (The Super Hero Squad Show, Reno 911), Carlos Alazraqui (The Fairly OddParents, Rocko's Modern Life).
True to their word, Shout! Factory has now announced that they are bringing the classic Nickelodeon show CatDog on DVD to general retail. However, they've switched plans a bit from what those were when the early heads-up went out as an insert with their Wild Thornberrys release! Instead of a four-disc set with the entire first season, they have instead chosen the lower-cost option of a 2-DVD CatDog - Season 1, Part 1 set. The 10-episode collection will cost $19.93 SRP, and is scheduled to hit stores on October 18th. Here's the cover art provided to retailers for this title:

Spoiler:
SOURCE

I'm bummed that they aren't just releasing the entire season at once, but I guess they figure these releases will seller better if they're priced at $19.99 or below.
Old 07-12-11, 09:59 PM

Good stuff, I re-watched Aaahh!!! Real Monsters! on Netflix, doesn't hold up as well as the other Nicktoons. However I will be purchasing that and Catdog.
Old 07-12-11, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

This is like some kind of great dream! Only it's reality! Pretty soon I'll be able to recreate any day from my childhood! Or better yet, any day during the Non Stop Nicktoons Weekend!
Old 07-16-11, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've bought "The Wild Thornberries" and "Rocko's Modern Life" so far. I'll buy "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters," when it comes out, and I'll probably be picking up "Hey Dude" next week. However, I REALLY hate splitting up of seasons, and even though I liked CatDog, I'm going to have a hard time supporting that practice. UGH. That's terrible.
Old 07-16-11, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Dude out Tuesday!
Old 07-19-11, 05:00 PM

Bought Hey Dude at Best Buy today for just $9.99 using the $5 off coupon. Great Deal!
I sure hope they release the remaining seasons of Hey Dude along with Salute Your Shorts.
Old 07-19-11, 05:41 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Quack
Hey Dude out Tuesday!
Good lord, I never thought I'd see the day!

Christine Taylor may be better known as Marcia Brady/Ben Stiller's wife, but she will always be Melody to me.

I still remember the beauty pageant episode where she was forced to sing "Home on the Range" because her first choice of song (Greatest Love of All, I believe) wasn't in the public domain.
Old 07-19-11, 05:53 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
I've never heard of Today's Special, and have never seen anyone mention it when Nickelodeon titles come up. Leads me to believe there is probably too little interest in it for a DVD release, but you never know.
You're probably right, but it was a very popular Nick Jr. series (though it may not have originated on the channel).

One of the characters was a department store mannequin who came to life when they put a cap on him (y'know, like Frosty). My older brother was so obsessed with this character that he used to act out the part at inopportune moments by taking his hat off and freezing in place. One time he took off his baseball cap and froze right in the middle of running the bases at a little league game. The other parents in the stands obviously didn't get the reference and started yelling at him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.