Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Adam West says that Batman(60s) dvds may be near

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-14, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Adam West says that Batman(60s) dvds may be near

Another reason to believe that it's coming out, is that merchandise specifically based on the TV version of the characters is starting to come out, evidence that an agreement on the legal rights to the show's ownership have been settled.

Here's a picture of box art of the upcoming Batman kit from Moebius Models (first in a series that will also include Robin, Batgirl, Catwoman, The Riddler, The Penguin and The Joker).

Old 01-30-14, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
Another reason to believe that it's coming out, is that merchandise specifically based on the TV version of the characters is starting to come out, evidence that an agreement on the legal rights to the show's ownership have been settled.
Although the merchandising agreement last year was a positive step, I never saw that as a "given" that the TV show's home video rights were resolved. Home video rights and licencing an image for T-shirts, toys, etc. are two totally separate things.

Though I'm with the majority on this in that I trust Dave and Gord to be feeding us accurate intelligence from WB, I also believe that the merchandising deal was an important first step, that's all it was, a first step, and that much more work had to be done before they settled the home video rights issues.
Old 01-30-14, 09:36 AM

Location: The Nova Catacumba Exhibition Center on Estrella De Tiago, an Asteroid orbiting the Moon.

I've never seen so many "Doubting Thomas's" in my lifetime. I've heard the saying "If its too good to be true it probably is". We'll all have to wait until spring to find out.
Old 01-30-14, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What about Egghead?
Old 01-30-14, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The merchandising thing happened over a year ago. If you look back on this thread you'll see I was one of the skeptics pointing out that a deal to make action figures and beach towels was different than a deal to sell the show itself.

My theory is that the Dozier estate actually owns the video rights outright, but with no infrastructure in place to produce, manufacture or distribute a home video release, and that they've been stubbornly refusing to partner with any entity that would provide those services and expect an appropriate percentage of the proceeds.

I think the recent game-changer is that they saw all the money DC and Warner were making on everything BUT the TV show and saw the market for home video releases of TV shows dwindling so they finally partnered with Warner to release the show.
Old 02-04-14, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 910 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by Regulus
I've never seen so many "Doubting Thomas's" in my lifetime. I've heard the saying "If its too good to be true it probably is". We'll all have to wait until spring to find out.
It's just that, when you've been waiting for 30+ years, and all of a sudden out of the big old blue comes another 'announcement', you're bound to be quite skeptical. How did the 'legal quagmire' get magically cleared up?

I'm sure you can understand.
Old 02-04-14, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,164 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by zyzzle
It's just that, when you've been waiting for 30+ years, and all of a sudden out of the big old blue comes another 'announcement', you're bound to be quite skeptical. How did the 'legal quagmire' get magically cleared up?

I'm sure you can understand.
This is the first time though to my recollection that an announcement has been made and the party's officially involved in it's release didn't shut it down right away. If Warner had come out and said Conan's tweet was bullshit and not to be excited I could see but it's been confirmed via TVShowsonDVD.com. Not sure what else people really want.
Old 02-05-14, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the upcoming Fox show "Gotham" (I think that's the official title) is a product of this deal. Fox gets another Batman show and Warner gets to release the 60's TV show. Seems pretty legit to me. Highly doubt they would let Fox do it without some quid pro quo...especially when the article I read said Fox had pretty much free reign to do with it what they want and it was wondering how that might affect "Batman vs. Superman".

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2014/02/...estroy-batman/

Last edited by dablueguy; 02-05-14 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Added link for article
Old 02-05-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fox Television simply won the bidding war for Warner Television's Gotham pilot. I doubt that deal has anything to do with this one. Remember when people thought the resolution of one of those Watchmen legal issues would resolve the Batman issue?

I'd be willing to bet money that all these theories over the years have been inaccurate and the whole thing is as simple as the Dozier estate being stubborn.
Old 02-06-14, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
Fox Television simply won the bidding war for Warner Television's Gotham pilot. I doubt that deal has anything to do with this one. Remember when people thought the resolution of one of those Watchmen legal issues would resolve the Batman issue?

I'd be willing to bet money that all these theories over the years have been inaccurate and the whole thing is as simple as the Dozier estate being stubborn.
Possibly. Seems rather coincidental though. Win-win for both parties.

Last edited by dablueguy; 02-06-14 at 02:13 AM.
Old 03-27-14, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The conspiracy deepens:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...tertainment-DC
Old 03-27-14, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The conspiracy deepens:
How so?

Anyway, this is the relevant part of the news release you linked to:

Home Entertainment – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will bring fans an array of new Batman titles throughout the year, including the highly anticipated release of the Batman ’66 TV series for the first time ever.
Old 03-27-14, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

About time we got some actual confirmation.
Old 03-27-14, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It was confirmed months ago. This validates every rational person who believed the previous confirmations and invalidates your paranoid skepticism. You doubted. You were wrong. Now is the time to admit that Conan wasn't pranking everyone and TVShowsonDVD weren't lying. But instead we get that immature and ridiculous post?
Old 03-27-14, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Looks made up to me. What is this "Business Wire" anyways? They're probably just as credible as Tvshowsondvd.com. Until Adam West delivers the press release to the Pope and he reads it in 13 different languages, I'm not convinced.
Old 03-27-14, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 826 Likes on 698 Posts

Originally Posted by dablueguy
I think the upcoming Fox show "Gotham" (I think that's the official title) is a product of this deal. Fox gets another Batman show and Warner gets to release the 60's TV show. Seems pretty legit to me. Highly doubt they would let Fox do it without some quid pro quo...especially when the article I read said Fox had pretty much free reign to do with it what they want and it was wondering how that might affect "Batman vs. Superman".

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2014/02/...estroy-batman/
You are getting warm.

Batman coming out on home video has been a done deal for a while now, it was only a matter of lining everything up for his 75th Anniversary. The marketing execs at Warner go nuts for anniversaries.
Old 03-27-14, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It was confirmed months ago. This validates every rational person who believed the previous confirmations and invalidates your paranoid skepticism. You doubted. You were wrong. Now is the time to admit that Conan wasn't pranking everyone and TVShowsonDVD weren't lying. But instead we get that immature and ridiculous post?
Despite your erroneous claims, this is the first time we have seen the actual studio releasing this actually say that it is coming out. And it is welcome news.
Old 03-27-14, 04:24 PM
Cool New Member

Business Wire cleared this the same as Conan and TVshowsondvd did so aside from a bizarre dislike of those two things for whatever reason we have the same level of "confirmation" now that we did before.
Old 03-27-14, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

Isn't Business Wire a satirical site, like Christ Wire? This all just seems too suspicious. I remain skeptical. If this was really official wouldn't it be on the WB Facebook page?

Spoiler:
Not really. I believed it when Conan posted it
Old 03-27-14, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jjcool
Despite your erroneous claims, this is the first time we have seen the actual studio releasing this actually say that it is coming out. And it is welcome news.
You are literally the only person in the entire world who believes this.

Have you realized that nobody is picking up this "news" today? It's because it's not news.

I'm just gonna flat-out ask you: do you somehow still believe Conan O'Brien was joking and the webmasters of TVShowsonDVD were lying?
Old 03-28-14, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You are literally the only person in the entire world who believes this.

Have you realized that nobody is picking up this "news" today? It's because it's not news.

I'm just gonna flat-out ask you: do you somehow still believe Conan O'Brien was joking and the webmasters of TVShowsonDVD were lying?
It seems like a brick wall would have more reading comprehension skills than you do. You have been asked repeatedly by moderators to stop posting about your unhealthy obsession with what I believe or not, yet you keep bringing it up. Do you not have anything better to do? That's pretty sad.
Old 03-28-14, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The mods have supportrd the various confirmations as FACTS. Are you honestly that obtuse where you can't see that you're the one on the wrong side of the mod's statements or is this all a big troll?
Old 03-28-14, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

It does seem like at this point everyone could drop the issue. Everyone should be satisfied with this confirmation

So yay Batman!
Old 03-28-14, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

I still don't believe it. There hasn't been a press release from Warner Bros nor an official confirmation that this is being released outside of a quick blurb buried deep inside a press release about a completely different subject matter.

Yeah. Just kidding. I can't wait for this set!!
Old 03-28-14, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The mods have supportrd the various confirmations as FACTS. Are you honestly that obtuse where you can't see that you're the one on the wrong side of the mod's statements or is this all a big troll?
Since you aren't smart enough to understand the simple statement of "drop this shit", I'll play along one more time. Again, where has Warner brothers stated that this is in fact, being released? And where have the mods "supportrd the various confirmations as FACTS"? And why on earth, are you so butthurt that I don't accept Conans twit pic as fact? Let it go already, as the mods have repeatedly told you to do. Christ, I havent seen such a sandy vag since the last time I was in the Caribbean.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.