DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Adam West says that Batman(60s) dvds may be near (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/587735-adam-west-says-batman-60s-dvds-may-near.html)

dvd-4-life 02-19-11 11:13 AM

Adam West says that Batman(60s) dvds may be near

This according to Tvshowsondvd.com. He was on Twitter being interviewed and mentioned that Fox and Warner Bros still have a few things too work out. If its put out as a joint venture-go for it. The buzz for this to come out still hasn't happened. You would think that there would be many many episodes with commentary tracks so that will take time. Just a rumor here but sounds like good news.

TheMovieman 02-19-11 12:00 PM

Re: Adam West says that Batman(60s) dvds may be near

Let's hope, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Hasn't there been false starts with this before?

Darkgod 02-19-11 01:11 PM

I'll wait for some goodness.... watch them on HUB now anyway

Cardsfan111 02-19-11 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Darkgod (Post 10646031)
I'll wait for some goodness.... watch them on HUB now anyway

Had a free month-long preview of this station a few months back and have a bunch of Batman saved on the DVR.

smurr05 02-19-11 04:53 PM

This would be about FU*#ING TIME!!!

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 02-19-11 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life (Post 10645894)
You would think that there would be many many episodes with commentary tracks

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any. I don't expect a set of this show to sell as well as some people think. Sure there's a demand but it's more of a small and vocal demand. The best thing we can hope for is a complete set, otherwise it'll probably die off like other older shows before they're completed.

rmw650 02-19-11 06:31 PM

Until it becomes official, it's just a rumor right now. Would love to see a complete series being released though versus season sets. Same for Mama's Family too.

wm lopez 02-19-11 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers (Post 10646422)
I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any. I don't expect a set of this show to sell as well as some people think. Sure there's a demand but it's more of a small and vocal demand. The best thing we can hope for is a complete set, otherwise it'll probably die off like other older shows before they're completed.

You may have something there because how well have THE MONKEES,GET SMART,BEWITCHED sold?
What would make the dvds a must buy would be the extras.
If they can have footage of Joker having his make up done, interviews of the main villains and how they came up with their characters.

dvd-4-life 02-19-11 07:10 PM

I bet Adam West would probably pay WB and Fox too do commentary tracks. I can't remember ever watching a tv show on dvd and listen to an entire episode commentary track. That would change if Batman makes it too dvd. While they're at it-don't forget the Filmation animated series from the same era. That would be nice too see on dvd. WB are running out of DC product to produce on dvd. They have all but buried the Superboy tv series and don't know about the remaining SuperFriends(animated).

stingermck 02-19-11 07:43 PM

If i remember correctly West has already recorded commentaries on his own, just in case hes not around when the set is released.

SkullOrchard 02-19-11 07:54 PM

This has been #1 on my want list since the early days of home video. I would gladly settle for a bare bones set, but would love for it to be crammed with extras. I've gotten my hopes up too many times over the years, only to be disappointed. I'll believe this is actually being released when I have it in my hands.

dvd-4-life 02-19-11 08:06 PM

Its funny when you watch special features for DC Animation ,alot of them associated with DC,including writers,comic book writers rip the Batman tv series but they seem to forget that it saved the franchise and they should be thankful of their jobs because of it.

Spottedfeather 02-19-11 08:17 PM

I'd love a Batman set, though I seriously doubt that it will happen.....anytime soon, that is. They could tie it in with the next Batman movie, just as long as it doesn't have any extras about the newer movie. Stick with the good Batman (1966 until 1992.)

MrSmearkase 02-19-11 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck (Post 10646509)
If i remember correctly West has already recorded commentaries on his own, just in case hes not around when the set is released.

Indeed. Signed and unsigned copies are available through his website.

A brand new 2-Disc DVD produced by and starring Adam West. It contains over 3 hours of footage in which Adam goes episode by episode, recounting his personal memories and telling never-before-heard stories about his experience creating the iconic 1960’s Batman TV series. Amusing and intimate, this DVD immerses fans in the world of the classic Batman series in unparalleled depth. The classic Batman speaks alone to you, the viewer, in a variety of amusing settings, whispering in the attic, or astride an imaginary horse at his home. This DVD is a must for any true Batman fan.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2kjisMm3M9...+Naked+DVD.png

The unsigned copies used to be $40, so it may be time to pick it up a little cheaper.

MrSmearkase 02-19-11 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather (Post 10646568)
I'd love a Batman set, though I seriously doubt that it will happen.....anytime soon, that is.They could tie it in with the next Batman movie, just as long as it doesn't have any extras about the newer movie. Stick with the good Batman (1966 until 1992.)

WB doesn't need the synergy for The Dark Knight Rises, nor do they want to invite any comparisons between the two.

JerryKILL 02-20-11 12:16 AM

I couldn't sit through the airings on HUB due to excessive commercials and all of the crap they display on the screen. DVDs would be very welcome.

davidh777 02-20-11 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase (Post 10646775)
WB doesn't need the synergy for The Dark Knight Rises, nor do they want to invite any comparisons between the two.

Agreed. The Nolan movies also distance themselves from the Burtons-Schumachers.

I think they should do a complete series. Release a season, and people would snap it up then realize it doesn't hold up as well as they'd thought, or figure one season is enough, and subsequent seasons would not sell very well. Just my speculation, of course.

wm lopez 02-20-11 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 10646914)
Agreed. The Nolan movies also distance themselves from the Burtons-Schumachers.

I think they should do a complete series. Release a season, and people would snap it up then realize it doesn't hold up as well as they'd thought, or figure one season is enough, and subsequent seasons would not sell very well. Just my speculation, of course.

That final season of BATMAN truly sucked with Bat Girl and Egg Head.

dvd-4-life 02-20-11 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by wm lopez (Post 10647020)
That final season of BATMAN truly sucked with Bat Girl and Egg Head.

Especially being forced to watch Yvonne Craig and her hot body in that super tight Bat Girl outfit. They could have come up with something better for Vincent Price. Hugo Strange???

rmw650 02-20-11 02:32 PM

Same goes for the Green Hornet release as well...tied up with the Dozier estate over rights or something to that accord.

JOE29 02-20-11 04:21 PM

Would buy this Batman show in a second. I would want season sets though. Having the complete series would be too much of a strain on my wallet.

gmanca 02-20-11 05:34 PM

I want to see the series "just" for EggHead! A full series release would be most eggcellent!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ynpXE4BgpG...+08+8-24-5.jpg

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 02-20-11 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by JOE29 (Post 10647484)
Would buy this Batman show in a second. I would want season sets though. Having the complete series would be too much of a strain on my wallet.

Biggest problem I see with that is the folks that buy the first couple seasons stop caring since they bought it as a nostalgia thing and can live without buying any more sets. Then when sales drop, no more sets come out.

I'd like to see something like what Time Life did with The Real Ghostbusters. They started out with a complete set and then very slowly, put out the individual sets.

tylergfoster 02-20-11 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase (Post 10646769)
Indeed. Signed and unsigned copies are available through his website.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2kjisMm3M9...+Naked+DVD.png

The unsigned copies used to be $40, so it may be time to pick it up a little cheaper.

Anyone have this or have seen it? Wondering if it would be good even if you don't have the show or know it back and forth.

MrSmearkase 02-21-11 12:39 AM

/\ I haven't seen it, and I haven't been able to find any reviews online, but I think if you have a basic knowledge of the characters and actors associated, you would probably still enjoy the DVDs. If anything, it would probably whet one's appetite for an official release of the episodes.

In terms of additional Batman stuff, I recommend Holy Batmania!, Batmania: From Comics to Screen, and to a lesser extent, Return to the Batcave. With so many existing features about the production available, they could release the series barebones and I would be fine with it.