Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-11, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Maybe you east coast posters would be a little more knowledgeable than
myself.......But didn't the WWE(WWF) used to broadcast monthly or even
bi-monthly shows from MSG, Meadowlands, Nassau Coliseum, Spectrum,
Capital Center, Boston Garden, Etc during the 70's and 80's?

If so.......it would be really nice of them to more seriously dig into their own archives when producing these Best Of Cage Matches, Etc.
Old 05-29-11, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kevy
Maybe you east coast posters would be a little more knowledgeable than
myself.......But didn't the WWE(WWF) used to broadcast monthly or even
bi-monthly shows from MSG, Meadowlands, Nassau Coliseum, Spectrum,
Capital Center, Boston Garden, Etc during the 70's and 80's?

If so.......it would be really nice of them to more seriously dig into their own archives when producing these Best Of Cage Matches, Etc.
They show all those shows on the WWE 24/7.

It would be nice to have a "Best of" those shows though.
Old 05-29-11, 04:48 PM

A best of House Shows DVD would be interesting, and if they would include certain matches off the old coliseum videos that were house show matches, then it would satisfy those who want the coliseum video released on DVD too.
Old 05-30-11, 11:32 PM

will the nitro set have inserts included or not, and will any bonus disc(s) be with it, maybe a exclusive with best buy or another store
Old 05-30-11, 11:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
will the nitro set have inserts included or not, and will any bonus disc(s) be with it, maybe a exclusive with best buy or another store
If you have looked at the pictures on the previous page, there is no insert and there is no bonus dics and there is no exclusive except for FYE but it is probably packaged with another DVD
Old 05-31-11, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What is the aspect ratio of the WM27 blu ray? Online sites are reporting 1.33:1
Old 05-31-11, 07:44 PM

Wrestlemania 27 BD is 16:9, all WWE BDs are.
Old 06-04-11, 07:31 AM

Cover for Rey Mysterio Life of a Masked Man DVD: http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-...man-dvd/13697/

Lookin' nice

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-04-11, 02:53 PM

I picked up Edge: A Decade of Decadence for $5 at Walmart. I also saw Monday Night War for the same price.
Old 06-04-11, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like the FYE exclusive for Best of Nitro will have exclusive content.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-very-b...lusives/13734/

Credit:Will NJ

Went to FYE today to reserve my “Very Best of NITRO” copy and inquired about the store exclusive. They weren’t sure, so they got it out of the back and let me look it over. There’s a sticker on the front that says “FYE/Suncoast Exclusive Matches & Content”. I’m paraphrasing there, but that’s the just of it…so this is definately the version to get as it appears to have extra content not available on the version other retailers are offering. This version also has a different barcode (SKU). Hopefully that finally answers it for everyone, as I know I was dying to know myself. Luckily the folks at the FYE here are good folks.
Sounds good.
Old 06-05-11, 03:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
Cover for Rey Mysterio Life of a Masked Man DVD: http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-rey-my...man-dvd/13697/

Lookin' nice
Man, what a gorgerous cover! Best cover I ever seen besides Eduardo Guerrero cover!
Old 06-05-11, 03:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sg2386
Looks like the FYE exclusive for Best of Nitro will have exclusive content.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-very-b...lusives/13734/

Sounds good.
Interesting, I would be interested to see what extra matches they have, time to cancel my pre-order on Amazon
Old 06-05-11, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Guess I'm getting that Nitro DVD at FYE now, I haven't been there for awhile....
Old 06-05-11, 11:18 AM

Just came across two DVD's in my collection that I didn't know I had.

They are both in little card board sleeves and both sealed. One is from WWE Magazine and called Live & Unscipted. The other is a RAW DIVA Search "For Promotional Use Only DVD Sampler."

Are either of these rare/exclusive?
Old 06-05-11, 11:36 AM

wish i never already paid for the nitro set, is there a fye store in canada
also looking on the site, there is 2 diferent versions of it, and oddly the exlusive one is cheaper and still lists as 3 discs, maybe its just packaged with a disc from rise and fall or something like that
Old 06-05-11, 01:19 PM

ThomaMon: Heard that Live & Unscripted DVD from WWE Mag is rare. If you're not wanting to hold on to it I'd buy it
Old 06-05-11, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
Cover for Rey Mysterio Life of a Masked Man DVD: http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-rey-my...man-dvd/13697/

Lookin' nice
Sweet cover, I hope the content is as good.
Old 06-05-11, 05:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Torchur317
Guess I'm getting that Nitro DVD at FYE now, I haven't been there for awhile....
Me too so now I have a excuse to go there
Old 06-05-11, 05:21 PM

I haven't been a wrestling fan since the late 90's, but nostalgia has me tempted to pick up one of the box sets of the old PPVs. Problem is, I don't know what one to get. I can remember being into the WWF/E as early as the tail-end of the 1980s, but being born in 1985, I most fondly remember the period from 92 or 93 to when I lost interest (97 or 98)... mainly the end of Hogan's original WWF/E run to the beginning of the Attitude Era. Apparently, that time frame isn't well regarded by most fans nowadays.

The years of the box sets make it tough... for instance, The Royal Rumble comes in sets from 88-92 and 93-97, but the first two Rumbles don't appeal to me and 96/97 don't stand out, either. I've read about packaging nightmares from the Summerslam/Survivor Series sets, i.e discs in sleeves, arriving scratched/cracked. Wrestlemania is tempting, but some of those come in double-sided discs (yuck) and none have on-disc artwork, leaving them vulnerable to smudges, fingerprints, etc. The one with WM 6-10 is tempting, but I remember 11 and 12 pretty well... don't care much for 13-15.

Any old school fans care to recommend one of those box sets?
Old 06-05-11, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by rdf8585
The years of the box sets make it tough... for instance, The Royal Rumble comes in sets from 88-92 and 93-97, but the first two Rumbles don't appeal to me and 96/97 don't stand out, either. I've read about packaging nightmares from the Summerslam/Survivor Series sets, i.e discs in sleeves, arriving scratched/cracked. Wrestlemania is tempting, but some of those come in double-sided discs (yuck) and none have on-disc artwork, leaving them vulnerable to smudges, fingerprints, etc. The one with WM 6-10 is tempting, but I remember 11 and 12 pretty well... don't care much for 13-15.

Any old school fans care to recommend one of those box sets?
you cant really go wrong with any of them, but if i were to pick one set to buy first it would be the rumble or survivor series. i think they have the best matches and the least amount of music dubs. i believe the wrestlemania set is the only one that has stand alone inserts with complete match listings though, the others are all printed on the packaging.

***edit*** another good option is the saturday night main event set. lots of good stuff on there that ties in with the ppv box sets

Last edited by winkyfever; 06-05-11 at 06:42 PM. Reason: update
Old 06-05-11, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by winkyfever
you cant really go wrong with any of them, but if i were to pick one set to buy first it would be the rumble or survivor series. i think they have the best matches and the least amount of music dubs. i believe the wrestlemania set is the only one that has stand alone inserts with complete match listings though, the others are all printed on the packaging.

***edit*** another good option is the saturday night main event set. lots of good stuff on there that ties in with the ppv box sets
I've read universally great things about that Saturday Night Main Event set. I remember all those personalities, but all of the matches are going to be practically fresh to me. I actually have that one (and the 1993-1994 Raw set) on order. I can remember waiting all week for Monday night's back in 93-94.

The PPVs are enticing because I didn't see them all back in the day. I was only a kid and couldn't get my parents to get the PPVs and I only saw some of them via Coliseum Home Video, taped PPVs from friends, etc.

You're probably right about the Royal Rumble. I always enjoyed that as well as that Royal Rumble game for SNES... really dating myself there. Those sets also have the best packaging it seems.

I'm surprised they haven't released the King of the Ring events... those were always big time favorites.... the ones from 93 and 94 especially stand out. Looking at 95-97 on Wikipedia, I don't remember those at all. Ditto for the ones before 93.
Old 06-05-11, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you have a region free DVD player, you can import the UK WWE Tagged Classics from Amazon.co.uk. There are no edits and the attitude scratch logo is shown without blurs.

They have 2 events on one set (example King of the Ring 93 and 94). Just started to collect those by getting In Your House events first ...those are gems, and i doubt WWE will release any of those events on DVD here in North America. Also want to get the all the events from 2000 (minus the big 4 since i've got those already).

The Tagged Classics are awesome sets, and definitely worth it if you have a region free player.
Old 06-05-11, 09:41 PM

@RDF
dont know how i forgot about the monday night raw set, that one is great as well. i only wish that they would have released the entire season as opposed to just a compilation of matches. i didnt see a lot of ppvs growing up either so i know what you mean, if you can you should pick them up. i got pretty good deals on some of the used sets, so look around. and i agree about a king of the ring set. i read somewhere that wwe sent out a survey looking for input on future dvd projects and a king of the ring set was mentioned, so hopefully it will happen.
Old 06-05-11, 10:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by winkyfever
@RDF
dont know how i forgot about the monday night raw set, that one is great as well. i only wish that they would have released the entire season as opposed to just a compilation of matches. i didnt see a lot of ppvs growing up either so i know what you mean, if you can you should pick them up. i got pretty good deals on some of the used sets, so look around. and i agree about a king of the ring set. i read somewhere that wwe sent out a survey looking for input on future dvd projects and a king of the ring set was mentioned, so hopefully it will happen.
If there is King of the Ring set then I hope Owen will be in it since he won King of the Ring in 1994
Old 06-06-11, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

He's been in every one of the anthology sets released to date, as well as a bunch of other stuff, so I see no reason why he wouldn't be shown in future releases.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.