DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-09, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by Kaori00
Hmmm... this blurb makes me wonder about the historical 'truthiness' of the rest of the DVD.

"The History of the World Heavyweight Championship highlights the glorious lineage from the early National Wrestling Alliance, to World Class Wrestling through its current home in WWE."

They should really hire someone, anyone other than the current goofball, to proofread these damned DVD cases.
Old 12-18-09, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Got my Black Friday order from ROH, they sold out of Raven SOTR Vol 4, if anyone has one they're willing to part with shoot me a pm. Just more dvds to add to the 'need to watch' pile.

If anyone is waiting for Glory By Honor VIII: Final Countdown, it's now in stock & shipping, as it was the one dvd holding up my order.
They have SOTR 4 for sale on highspots.com for $9.99
Old 12-18-09, 06:45 PM

There's a 25% off WWE DVD sale at Best Buy - that includes the store exclusive stuff. I ended getting the Edge Ultimate Fan Edition for $35 (after a $5 RZ cert and plus tax) at the Bay Shore, NY store.
Old 12-22-09, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

for people that picked up Survivor Series, what are the extras? if any.
Old 12-22-09, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DX after their match and Christian performs a rap for the Bella Twins.
Old 12-22-09, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well that settles it for me.
Old 12-22-09, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i remember when WWE/WWF use to have great extras like a match from Sunday Night Heat, interviews, promos, etc.

Since they always have a dark match before a ppv, atleast they could include that. Royal Rumble 2003 was packed with extras such as after match interviews, match promos, a match from RAW, history of the rumble matches, etc.

Seems like they only spend more time on Wrestlemania DVDs, but even then it's pretty lacking for last couple years (besides the HOF). WM22 had amazing extras and even included the full SNME episode along with the full HOF.

Like with WM25 since they hyped it up being the 25th Anniversary, they could have at least went overboard on it like putting other things besides the WM recall, like the home invasion with HHH/Orton, segments leading up HBK/Taker on RAW/SD, Edge/Cena/Show segments from SD and stuff leading up to Hardy vs Hardy.

Last edited by sg2386; 12-22-09 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-22-09, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They had a nice little streak going last year, where they included TV matches on the PPVs. Survivor Series had The Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy on SD, No Mercy had HHH/Matt Hardy/Y2J from SD, and SummerSlam had the ECW Title match between Mark Henry and Matt Hardy.
Old 12-28-09, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by sg2386
http://www.amazon.ca/Wwe-2009-Raw-Be...8432445&sr=1-3

the US one doesn't have it listed, but likely will have it soon.
Originally Posted by sliccric2006
Thanks, I tried looking every where for it but couldn't find any kind of listing for it. Hopefully we'll get it in the states too.

Any updates if this will be released in the US or is it a Canadian Exclusive like the Best of 2001 DVD?
Old 12-28-09, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Any updates if this will be released in the US or is it a Canadian Exclusive like the Best of 2001 DVD?
Looks like the US might be screwed out of the Blu-ray version and might be Canadian exclusive for now.

But people from US can always import it from Amazon.ca. Strange thing is Amazon.ca have the DVD releases updated til Elimination Chamber 2010 but have not included Royal Rumble 2010 Blu-ray, only the DVD version.

Pretty strange, but i guess we will know once release gets closer.
Old 12-28-09, 08:43 AM
Banned

PWInsider is reporting the following WWE DVD releases:

1/12/10 WWE TLC 2009
1/26/10 Best of Raw 2009
2/16/10 John Morrison: Rock Star
3/2/10 Royal Rumble 2010 (Blu Ray and standard versions)
3/9/10 Shawn Michaels: My Journey
3/23/10 Elimination Chamber 2010

They also mention WWE and K-mart having some promotions starting next month

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/439...-more.html?p=1
Old 12-28-09, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

looks like WWE are going to produce a Hart Family DVD:

WWE is developing a Hart Family Dynasty DVD that will be released in 2010. Bret Hart will likely be involved with that. WWE recently conducted interviews with different Hart family members for the DVD. [Credit: PWInsider]

Always been a fan of the Hart Foundation and can't wait for this!
Old 12-28-09, 06:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sg2386
looks like WWE are going to produce a Hart Family DVD:

WWE is developing a Hart Family Dynasty DVD that will be released in 2010. Bret Hart will likely be involved with that. WWE recently conducted interviews with different Hart family members for the DVD. [Credit: PWInsider]

Always been a fan of the Hart Foundation and can't wait for this!
I believe that is part of the deal with Bret Hart returning to RAW next week.
Old 12-29-09, 03:19 PM

Hoping to import the best of raw blu ray to the UK. Looks like it will be from amazon.ca at this rate.
Old 12-29-09, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
Hoping to import the best of raw blu ray to the UK. Looks like it will be from amazon.ca at this rate.
Silvervision will have it bro, I have pre ordered an early copy from playusa on dvd as well.
Old 12-30-09, 09:36 AM

Anyone know if those 4 tin sets (Icons, ECW, Legends 1&2) are still available in FYE and if they are how much they are?
Old 12-30-09, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by platt222
Anyone know if those 4 tin sets (Icons, ECW, Legends 1&2) are still available in FYE and if they are how much they are?
I have three of them, and they still had them the last time I went a month or so ago. After a rebate they should only be 10 bucks a piece.
Old 12-30-09, 12:10 PM

How much were they before rebate, not really sure how that all works. As I'm in the UK I'll be trying to find someone to get them for me. Would the rebate thing be easy for them to do?
Old 12-30-09, 12:39 PM

Hello all! I am new as all get out.

I have been doing all of my WWE DVD rambling on Wrestlingfigs foums as that is the best place (that I am aware of) for a broader range of opinions I guess. Actually a decent forum. I found this forum by interaction with Throwback. Nice place by the way!

Anyway reason I'm here... Trish Stratus 100% FYE Collector's Edition... I had one, sold it, now I want it back... Where can I get one? I seen old conversation about it and nobody on the other forum is a help. They just all talk about how I'm willing to pay so much for it, but that doesn't help me at all. Any subject matter experts out here?
Old 12-30-09, 01:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joey.nelson
Hello all! I am new as all get out.

I have been doing all of my WWE DVD rambling on Wrestlingfigs foums as that is the best place (that I am aware of) for a broader range of opinions I guess. Actually a decent forum. I found this forum by interaction with Throwback. Nice place by the way!

Anyway reason I'm here... Trish Stratus 100% FYE Collector's Edition... I had one, sold it, now I want it back... Where can I get one? I seen old conversation about it and nobody on the other forum is a help. They just all talk about how I'm willing to pay so much for it, but that doesn't help me at all. Any subject matter experts out here?
Right now, ebay seems the best place to find it, but the item is very rare. Check also half.com and even Amazon.com and maybe you'll find a listing with the CE version.
Old 12-30-09, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
Right now, ebay seems the best place to find it, but the item is very rare. Check also half.com and even Amazon.com and maybe you'll find a listing with the CE version.
It is the rarest and I am fully aware of this. Ebay and Amazon are all standard versions. I got about 30 emails out including 2 to FYE.

I tell everyone over there on the other forum how people always tell me about others that are more rare, but they can be located... Pricey, but locatable... This Trish is almost impossible to find. I have found a few by "grinding" as hard as I have so now maybe one of them will be in the condition I desire. $200 is a chunk of change for a DVD so if I'm gonna pay it needs to be pretty nice ya know!?

Thanks for replying to the new guy's crap.
Old 12-30-09, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by platt222
How much were they before rebate, not really sure how that all works. As I'm in the UK I'll be trying to find someone to get them for me. Would the rebate thing be easy for them to do?
20 bucks a piece before rebate. All you have to do is mail in the receipt with a sticker off the front of the tin. Its pretty simple.
Old 12-31-09, 12:08 AM

Just a heads up for Shoot Interview fans... RF Video has a 40% off sale for the next couple days. Picked up some old ECW stuff, Raven Guest Booker and the Bill Alfonso shoot.
Old 12-31-09, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing
Just a heads up for Shoot Interview fans... RF Video has a 40% off sale for the next couple days. Picked up some old ECW stuff, Raven Guest Booker and the Bill Alfonso shoot.
Does Rob Feinstein have little kids' pants 40% off too?
Old 01-01-10, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Found this on WWE.com regarding the RAW: Best of 2009;

Celebrate a year of emotional stories, controversial moments and amazing matches on the longest-running episodic program in cable television history, including:

* The formation of the devastating new faction, Legacy
* Randy Orton's vicious war against Triple H and the McMahon family
* The tense build-up to the epic WrestleMania encounter between Shawn Michaels and Undertaker.
* Raw's exciting and unpredictable celebrity guest hosts.
* The reunion of the legendary D-Generation X.
* The emergence of a new generation of Superstars, including Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Jack Swagger, Sheamus, Evan Bourne, Legacy and more!

HBK/Taker and Orton/HHH buildup to Wrestlemania was amazing and glad those moments will be included.

As for matches, there could be some good ones like the Last Man Standing from the commercial free RAW with Orton vs. HHH, Punk vs. Hardy vs. Edge for the World title and Cena vs. HHH vs. Orton vs. Show for the WWE title.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.