http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/53...hread-vii.html

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/54...lume-viii.html

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/54...volume-ix.html

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/55...-volume-x.html

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/55...volume-xi.html

Wrestling DVD Release List

WWE DVD Release List (pdf)

Repeating the previous rules:

The thread is to have a discussion on all wrestling DVD related topics.

There is another thread, which I have to update, that has the upcoming DVD releases.

For weekly wrestling discussion, you can go to the Sports forum at DVDTalk, where there is a very nice monthly thread with all the news pertaining to pro wrestling. There is even Pay Per View contests!

Don't post active ebay auctions. Don't talk about bootlegs. Don't threadcrap. And please keep general wrestling discussion on the Sport section of DVDTalk.

Let the talking begin....
Old 09-26-09, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Smart Mark Video is going to release a special Chikara sampler DVD on Monday for $1.99. Matches will be:

1) Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw, Helios & Lince Dorado
vs. Hallowicked, Frightmare, Hallowickedcito & Frightmarecito [from "Aniversario Yang"]

2) Eddie Kingston vs. Claudio Castagnoli [from "Aniversario Yang"]

3) F.I.S.T. vs. The Future is Now [from "King of Trios 2009 - Night 3"]

4) Kota Ibushi vs. Jigsaw vs. El Generico vs. Nick Jackson [from "King of Trios 2009 - Night 2"]

5) The Osirian Portal vs. The Colony [from "Revelation X"]

Plus: Previously at CHIKARA: September 2009 Edition, Official Trailer for the DVD release of "Aniversario Yang", and CHIKARA Podcast-A-Go-Go, Episode # 173.

I'm going to order a stack of these and pass them out to my friends so they can see how awesome Chikara is.
Old 09-27-09, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rohwrestling.com has a special buy 3 get 2 free special on all roh dvd's. this will def help get me kept up
Old 09-27-09, 01:09 AM

I stumbled across another forum site today about wrestling videos/dvds, and someone on there asked a question about how many wrestling dvds/tapes did everyone have. Well some person on there said "I had like every WWF and WCW tape from 92 - 2000 but when I moved in with my girlfriend I didn't bring them."

So now that brings me to the question at hand (and I don't know if anyone has ever discussed this before on here or not) but would you give up your wrestling dvd collection that you worked hard on so you can move in with your girlfriend or boyfriend, depending on gender or sexuality. I know I wouldn't give up it, collecting wrestling dvds/old school coliseum videos and wrestling figures are my only hobbies really. If I gave up that for a girl, well... I just think I would be missing something in my life no matter how hot my said girlfriend is.
Old 09-27-09, 01:14 AM

A collection is a collection, my girlfriend collects Barbie dolls and I have no problem with that, as she doesnt either with my WWE DVD collecting. It's something you just build and build, so why stop just cause your girlfriend said so?
Old 09-27-09, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by jammer311
i stumbled across another forum site today about wrestling videos/dvds, and someone on there asked a question about how many wrestling dvds/tapes did everyone have. Well some person on there said "i had like every wwf and wcw tape from 92 - 2000 but when i moved in with my girlfriend i didn't bring them."

so now that brings me to the question at hand (and i don't know if anyone has ever discussed this before on here or not) but would you give up your wrestling dvd collection that you worked hard on so you can move in with your girlfriend or boyfriend, depending on gender or sexuality. I know i wouldn't give up it, collecting wrestling dvds/old school coliseum videos and wrestling figures are my only hobbies really. If i gave up that for a girl, well... I just think i would be missing something in my life no matter how hot my said girlfriend is.
no
Old 09-27-09, 03:27 AM

I stumbled across another forum site today about wrestling videos/dvds, and someone on there asked a question about how many wrestling dvds/tapes did everyone have. Well some person on there said "I had like every WWF and WCW tape from 92 - 2000 but when I moved in with my girlfriend I didn't bring them."

So now that brings me to the question at hand (and I don't know if anyone has ever discussed this before on here or not) but would you give up your wrestling dvd collection that you worked hard on so you can move in with your girlfriend or boyfriend, depending on gender or sexuality. I know I wouldn't give up it, collecting wrestling dvds/old school coliseum videos and wrestling figures are my only hobbies really. If I gave up that for a girl, well... I just think I would be missing something in my life no matter how hot my said girlfriend is.
Never, i'd just say to the girl if you want me, you will have the wrestling/DVDs as well. It's A Package Deal
Old 09-27-09, 09:44 AM

Hell no, I wouldn't get rid of my massive collection because "the girl i like says she doesn't like it">>>>The wrestling figure collection, well that might be up for discussion to be put in storage or sold while we start our life together.
Old 09-27-09, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

A girl that askes you to choose, is a girl that is asking to get kicked to the curb. The only instance where her askign you to give it up may be reasonable, is if the collecting started after she was with you. If it was going on before, she knew what she was getting into.
Old 09-27-09, 07:20 PM

If you're bouncing around in this forum, you already know that CHIKARA is chock-full of awesomeness. But as you may have discovered, the wrestling world at large has yet to discover this well-kept secret. Luckily for us, thanks to the overwhelming success of Dragon Gate USA: Enter the Dragon (that pay-per-view dilly-o!) more and more people are starting to hear about us. ...still, it is not enough to satisfy our gigantic appetite for new fans!

To remedy this situation, we are issuing the CHIKARA Sampler DVD! It will be produced, processed and shipped out by our pals at Smart Mark Video.com! Starting Monday, September 28th, through October 3rd, this 2-hour set will be offered for the low, low price of just $1.99! Why would we do such a thing? Because we're hoping to give new fans a chance to check us out, and maybe convert to the CHIKARMY!

So, this is the part where you come in. Chances are, you visit other pro-wrestling websites, news boards, forums, the works. There are loads of places out there that never cover anything related to CHIKARA, but we want every site we can find to carry news about our Sampler DVD. We need people to find out about this offer, and through it, find out that inside them was a lil' CHIKARA fan they never knew existed.

As we've discovered, when it comes to selling people on CHIKARA, few do it as sincerely and passionately as you, our totally rad fans. That's why we're appealing to you to aid us in this cause. Come Monday, we'll have an official press release posted right here in this thread for you to cut and paste to death! We'll also cook up some banners and such to spread the word, and as soon as we get the info from SMV, we'll have the direct link to order the Sampler.

And just in case you're wondering exactly what will be on this Sampler of ours, here's the rundown:

1) Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw, Helios & Lince Dorado
vs. Hallowicked, Frightmare, Hallowickedcito & Frightmarecito [from "Aniversario Yang"]

2) Eddie Kingston vs. Claudio Castagnoli [from "Aniversario Yang"]

3) F.I.S.T. vs. The Future is Now [from "King of Trios 2009 - Night 3"]

4) Kota Ibushi vs. Jigsaw vs. El Generico vs. Nick Jackson [from "King of Trios 2009 - Night 2"]

5) The Osirian Portal vs. The Colony [from "Revelation X"]

Plus these bonus materials will round out the disc:
a) Previously at CHIKARA: September 2009 Edition
cool.gif Official Trailer for the DVD release of "Aniversario Yang"
c) CHIKARA Podcast-A-Go-Go, Episode # 173

As ever, thanks for your support, and thanks in advance for any help you can lend our team in spreading the word about this little venture of ours.

Your pals @ CHIKARA

Just a quick update, as questions swirl about the impending arrival of the Sampler DVD!

The total cost for U.S. customers will be $1.99, and yes, that price covers the shipping as well. We are working on a solution for non-U.S. customers, but that might be conducted independent of the U.S. offer that will begin next Monday.

We'll have everything you'll need right here, in this thread, come Monday morning.

Thanks already for all the buzz you've helped us generate!
i have a few Chikara dvds and it been kinda hit and miss. it's entertaining, but no where near the level of ROH or PWG, but for $1.99 you can't pass it up.
Old 09-27-09, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just finished watching TNA Lockdown 2009, and enjoyed it about as much as I did the first time around. Heres my review:

Xscape Match for the X Division Title
Here's a cliche: if you've seen one x division match, you've seen them all. This match could not be more fitting for that phrase. The usual jumping and spots, nothing really spectacular, but the finish, with Suicide jumping off of the rails into security was pretty amazing.

**3/4 (out of 5)

Queen of the Cage Match
Knockout filler match. Sojourner Bolt and Madison Rayne look awkard, Daffney really is quite hot, and ODB squashes everyone. Mostly a waste.

*3/4

MCMG vs. No Limit vs. LAX
A better match than the opener; a lot of unique high-flying, double-teams, and Hernandez looks unstoppable. Good finish, and just the right amount of time given.

Abyss vs. Matt Morgan
Definitely the best match in their trilogy, some nice bloodshed here, but a bit too long. There came a few moments when it seemed over, and then it just dragged on without much reason. I'm also bugged how everytim Abyss takes a huge bump, he'll be conscious enough to have some kind of small seizure, but not conscious enough to kick out of the winning pin. It just doesn't make any sense.

Awesome Kong vs. Taylor Wilde vs. Angelina Love
Solid match, but Love botches the finish, which kills any heat the match might have for the end.

**1/2

Team 3D vs. Beer Money
You can never go wrong with a good Team 3D street fight. This match was the only one with actual nearfall. Good brawling, weapons, and athletics. Probably the match of the night.

***1/2

Team Jarrett vs. Team Angle
I love some serious star power, and this match had star power to spare. But once you get past that, there's absolutely nothing special here. AJ Styles takes one amazing bump through the cage, just like he takes an amazing bump at Lockdown every year, but that's about it. The opening five minutes are very boring, the weapons fighting is sloppy, and the end comes out of nowhere. So-so match.

**1/2

Sting vs. Mick Foley
I do not like this match. Foley needs to be in a hardcore match to excel. He needs a wide-open space, a lot of weapons, and should bleed buckets. He can't carry a match, and neither can Sting. This was just punching, kicking, and throwing into the cage. For some reason, these two just didn't seem capable of telling a story here, and the end came out of nowhere. TNA needs to learn the importance of nearfalls.

**1/4

All in all, it's a pretty solid show. There's no real dud, but nothing quite goes through the roof. The middle is the best part, but the two main events are somewhat of a letdown. The best Lockdown remains the 2006 edition.
Old 09-27-09, 08:53 PM

Just curious how old you guys are and do you still live with your moms?
Old 09-28-09, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing
Well i'm 14, so yeah I still live with my mum lol
Old 09-28-09, 05:25 AM

No, I'm 34 and have lived on my own for many years.
Old 09-28-09, 06:52 AM

I'm 21 and living with my parents until my new block is built..
Old 09-28-09, 07:23 AM
Cool New Member

Just to go back a few post about giving up your collection for your girlfriend. I actually just moved in with my new girlfriend and she actually gave me her dvd rack to use for my Wrestling DVDs. She rocks! The way I see it collecting wrestling dvds is part of me and any women would have to except that or not be with me.
Old 09-28-09, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You gotta love these subtle insults masquerading as innocent questions. It's like when people ask Xage "what exactly do you for a living?" The insult isn't there, but it's coming.
Old 09-28-09, 11:07 AM
Cool New Member

It's not an issue for me, on my last birthday my girlfriend gave me 17 WWE DVD's. With that she officially became part of the problem, lol.
Old 09-28-09, 11:23 AM

As you may or may not know, the Rise and Fall of WCW hasn't been released in the UK yet, so I havn't been able to get it yet. But Silvervision said it will be released in early October, so should I buy it or not?
Old 09-28-09, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My mini-wrestling marathon continues with my review of SummerSlam 2009. I had mixed expectations for this show, my biggest complain being that there wasn't a SummerSlam "dream" match, but there's still plenty to enjoy.

Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler
Wow. This might be the best opener in SS history since Mysterio opened with Kurt Angle in 2002. This match has it all: a hot crowd, near-falls, tons of counters, high-flying, great wrestling. Ziggler may be no Jericho, but this match is as good as any match in the Mysterio/Jericho series.

**** (out of 5)

M.V.P. vs. Jack Swagger
This match could have been another show-stealer. Two of the best young guys on RAW, somewhat evenly matched, and the promo before the match is really good, but maybe it's because they were only given 6 1/2 minutes, but this match never took off. Solid, but it can't follow the match before and certainly would have been more appropriate for RAW.

**3/4

Chris Jericho & The Big Show vs. Cryme Tyme
Bottom line: Jericho deserves better than to be in a mid-card tag team match with a tag team that's barely been on ppv since they debuted. A solid match, once again of good RAW quality. The surprise comes at the end, which finishes the match on a high note.

Kane vs. The Great Khali
I may always be in the minority here, but I always enjoy a good "big man" match, even if it's not necessarily "good." It's cool to see two very giant, evenly matched guys slug it out. Expecting any kind of classic is foolish, even from the greats like Undertaker, Big Show, etc. This match is a lot more fast-paced than their match at WM 23 (which I also enjoyed). Khali gives one of his most energetic performances ever, and the finish has a nice double-gasp, when Kane drop-kicks Khali's knees, Khali falls flat on his face, and then Kane ddts him. Very imaginative ending.

**3/4

D-Generation X vs. Legacy
To me, this match is a bit over-rated. This was kind of reminiscent of the match at Backlash '09, when Legacy took on HHH, Shane, and Batista. It was a watchable tag match, but nothing spectacular. It's a simple, effective match, wth Legacy looking great, and a good return for HBK.

***1/4

Christian vs. William Regal
Normally, I mark out for these "under 30 seconds" matches, because they're appropriate. Benoit being Orlando Jordan for the US title in 25 seconds was a great surprise, the same with Kane beating Chavo for the ecw in 8 seconds. But this year, WWE has pulled it with matches I'd actually want to see. Earlier this year, instead of getting a nice little JBL/Mysterio match at WrestleMania, we got a 21-second joke. And again at SummerSlam, I wanted to see Christian wrestle Regal. Instead, we more or less got a segment.

Randy Orton vs. John Cena
It's amazing the difference two years can make. Orton looks like a legitimate top heel here, while Cena plays second fiddle. This is a very entertaining match, definitely the best they've ever had. There's a lot of back-and-forth action, Cena looks like a threat, Orton fights him off, and I personally loved the three false finishes. I didn't find it overbooked at all. It was a great way of teasing the audience, based on Orton's previous matches. Great ending, too.

Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk
Another great match. Hardy just looks more comfortable in these types of matches, Punk holds his own, and there are some great spots. The swanton off the ladder is amazing, and there are a lot of other highlights. Twenty minutes just breezes on by. The finish is a little bit of a bummer, with Punk simply punching Hardy off the ladder, but not every one of these matches needs to end with a giant ladder spot.

All in all, this is definitely one of the most entertaining SummerSlams ever, the best since either 2006 or 2005. What sets this one apart is that it has TWO great world title matches, either of which could have been the main event, something that cannot be said for any other SS, save for maybe 2003. A really fun show, highly recommended.
Old 09-28-09, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by MrZac
It's not an issue for me, on my last birthday my girlfriend gave me 17 WWE DVD's. With that she officially became part of the problem, lol.
She's a keeper.
Old 09-28-09, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
You gotta love these subtle insults masquerading as innocent questions. It's like when people ask Xage "what exactly do you for a living?" The insult isn't there, but it's coming.
I was just busting balls but curious at the same time, as when I was younger my collections meant more to me than they do now since I have major responsibilities like a house payment and a child. I still collect DVDs and action figures, etc. but not at the rate I did in the past.

But yes, my wife tolerates it but will never ever even come close to watching a wrestling DVD or show with me.
Old 09-28-09, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was just busting balls but curious at the same time, as when I was younger my collections meant more to me than they do now since I have major responsibilities like a house payment and a child. I still collect DVDs and action figures, etc. but not at the rate I did in the past.

But yes, my wife tolerates it but will never ever even come close to watching a wrestling DVD or show with me.
I hear ya. The sad thing is, I enjoy collecting so much right now that I'm just not ready to give it up. I realize there will come a time when a wife (who's just a girlfriend right now) and children (none yet) will become more important, but only when I'm ready.

Until then, my collection is my baby.
Old 09-28-09, 10:07 PM

Hi dudes,

Myself and hitman tommy have started our own wrestling podcast! Our first show is online now. We will be doing a lot of DVD reviews on it too. The first show is about 90 mins and future shows will be around one hour. Please give it a listen!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Mid-Canada-Wrestling
Old 09-29-09, 03:06 PM

Also, I don't suppose anyone would be able to help me get a copy of the $1.99 Chikara DVD, eh? They don't ship to Canada...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.