Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-09, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

here is a quote from jericho, dont believe me look it up

"Of course I would be interested, absolutely. I don't know why I haven't had one yet. I know they are doing a Curt Hennig one and I think they are getting ready to do a Funaki DVD. It seems like everyone has got one but me. I was never asked to do a book by the WWE so I just did it myself. I can't do that with a DVD because of the footage. I am assuming at some point that they would release one, but I don't really know because I have never heard anything about it. They are running out of guys so it will probably come out at the same time as the Nunzio retrospective."

sg2386
again dont take this the wrong way, not trying to start anything, just curious where do you get your facts, im sorry but your comments sound like your a wwe fanboy
Old 11-25-09, 12:55 PM

and isnt vince the one who says "business is business", savage was just doing smart business taking the slim jim sponsorship with him, i guess good old vince is a hyprocite cry baby
Old 11-25-09, 02:51 PM

Dear god, shut the hell up. It's generally very civilized in this thread and you're usually the one that stirs stuff up.
Old 11-25-09, 03:29 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
I agree and disagree. I think WWE has had some great releases and some disappointments. My favorite release was "The Greatest Stars of the 90s." Even though it had some fairly generic comments, the match selection was full of gems. The same goes for The Hulk Hogan Collector's series. There were are a lot of fun matches there that I never thought would see the light of day.

On the other hand, I was so disappointed by the match selection for The Essential Starcade Collection and The Rise & Fall of WCW that I chose not to get them. Starcade was missing some good stuff (Ric Flair vs. Sting vs. Lex Luger, Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage, Vader vs. Jim Duggan) and the WCW set was pretty much just a lot of cruiserweight matches.
Really? Vader vs. Duggan? I'll be honest I don't even remember that match, I'm just shocked someone is upset by the exclusion of a Hacksaw Jim Duggan match.

Personally, the best DVD this year for me was easily Saturday Night's Main Event.
Old 11-25-09, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was the opener of Starrcade '94, and it was a surprisingly exciting match. I'm not so much upset that it wasn't included (I never really expect much Vader stuff), I just would've liked more hidden gems than typical cruiserweight stuff.
Old 11-25-09, 05:09 PM

well he made up stuff thats not true, and i corrected him, should i not be truthful? sometimes a fact is a fact, jericho wanted to do a dvd, its a fact i quoted his exact words

and you telling me to "shut the hell up" to put it in your own words, well that speaks for itself about being "civilized" as you like to put it, i will not lower myself to those words, im just simply pointing out the facts, im real and im truthful and thats something nobody including you can take away from me
Old 11-25-09, 05:11 PM

deranged can u please tell me what i did wrong, im just curious, he said jericho never wanted to do a dvd until he retired, obvious wrong info, and i corrected him, what did i do wrong?
Old 11-25-09, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
deranged can u please tell me what i did wrong, im just curious, he said jericho never wanted to do a dvd until he retired, obvious wrong info, and i corrected him, what did i do wrong?
Nah, it seemed like you were getting on his case just for the sake of getting on his case. And it didn't need three separate posts.
Old 11-25-09, 09:01 PM

if i made a mistake you would bash me to no end, you obvious have a bias against me, treat eachother like you treat yourself and there would be no negatives
Old 11-26-09, 05:37 AM

First time poster, long time lurker here. I remember seeing a list with all the differences between the Wrestlemanias on the Anthology set and the Tagged Classics versions. Pretty sure it was on this forum. Does anyone happen to have this or no one where I can see it? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-26-09, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dragon's Gate is having an African-American Friday special starting tonight: http://www.dgusa.tv/
Old 11-26-09, 12:53 PM

For anyone interested, Amazon is having a sale on these DVDs:

Piper - $8.49
Roberts - $7.99
Graham - $7.49
AWA - $7.99
McMahon - $7.99
Pillman - $7.99
Bloodsport: ECW Bloodiest Matches - $7.49
Extreme Rules - $10.49
HBK 3-Disc - $11.99
WrestleMania 24 - $13.99
Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW - $10.49
WrestleMania 23 - $15.49
Triple H: King of Kings - $10.49
Undertaker 15-0 - $8.49
WrestleMania 3 - $10.49
Old 11-26-09, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Dragon's Gate is having an African-American Friday special starting tonight:
Any word on what it is or when tonight it starts? can't see anything on their site about it.
Old 11-26-09, 06:36 PM

to little nwo stuff, that was the greatest storyline ever in wrestling
No, just no. I think I threw up a little reading someone say that the nWo was the greatest wrestling storyline ever.
As for DVDs, I still wonder how they'll cram all of the "classic" Jeff Hardy promos onto 3 discs (in case you can't tell, that was a sarcastic statement cutting down Jeff for his complete and utter lack of anything resembling mic skills).
Old 11-26-09, 07:35 PM

ROH Black Friday sale is live.

Purchases less than $50 you can save 40%:

friday40

Purchases between $50 and $100 you can save 45%:

friday45

Purchases over $100 you can save 50%:

friday50

Offer ends November 27th at midnight EST.

NOTE: Sale is not limited to ROH merchandise.
Old 11-26-09, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Already got my order in. Got the 3 newest ROH releases and TNA's Bound for Glory 2009 for $53. I didn't go as crazy as I was expecting to. I'm a tiny bit disappointed that they pulled the WWE World Championship dvd since it's out this Tuesday. I'll just grab it from Amazon.
Old 11-26-09, 07:49 PM

Good Amazon sale there - I'll probably picked up the ECW and Jake sets. The ROH sale...eh, they always have 40% off sales - I think I've got just about everything I could possibly want from them for the time being as a result.
Old 11-26-09, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Already got my order in. Got the 3 newest ROH releases and TNA's Bound for Glory 2009 for $53. I didn't go as crazy as I was expecting to. I'm a tiny bit disappointed that they pulled the WWE World Championship dvd since it's out this Tuesday. I'll just grab it from Amazon.
In case you haven't heard, but WWE decided to release World Championship dvd on Dec. 15 and Jeff Hardy dvd is now coming out on Tuesday instead.
Old 11-26-09, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by platt222
Any word on what it is or when tonight it starts? can't see anything on their site about it.

I'm lost. They say you can get the first 2 PPVs for $35 which is 4 DVDs and they tell you to go to the store for details, but once you get there, they don't give you any details or tell you how to order!!!
Old 11-26-09, 11:24 PM

the nwo is arguable the best storyline in history, come on, tell me 3 storylines better than the nwo
Old 11-27-09, 01:10 AM

Actually... I think the NWO storyline may be the best in history. I mean think about it, you had a main event WWF guy come out on WCW Nitro and proclaim that a war is starting. Everyone thought that Razor and Diesel were still apart of the WWF, because at the time it was rare to read dirt sheets online, unlike it is now where everyone does. The initial concept of the NWO was the greatest story line in the history of wrestling, but what the NWO became in the later years is a far shell of its original concept.
Old 11-27-09, 01:34 AM

WWE Shop has some hella good deals (WCW DVD, Greatest Stars of the 90s, Macho Man and a few others are $9.99) and use SHIPIT to get free shipping on orders $25+.

http://www.wweshop.com/Category/DoorBusters
Old 11-27-09, 01:47 AM

I bought SD and WCW dvd. I been waiting for a deal to buy them,
Old 11-27-09, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by sliccric2006
In case you haven't heard, but WWE decided to release World Championship dvd on Dec. 15 and Jeff Hardy dvd is now coming out on Tuesday instead.
Either way, it's not on the ROH site.
Old 11-27-09, 06:17 AM

the nwo is arguable the best storyline in history, come on, tell me 3 storylines better than the nwo
- Austin/McMahon/Undertaker/Kane Conspiracy Theory
- Hogan/Andre
- Austin/Bret

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.