DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-09, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by dillkid
And in early 2004 when an empty box was offered to store the 2003 PPVs.
It was offered in North America as well, inside all the 2003 ppvs they had an insert where you cut up the UPC code and once you have all 12 ppvs (not including Insurrextion) you mail them in for a free storage box.

I was such an idiot back then and i actually threw them out. I regret now, the box actually looked pretty cool.

The 2003 ppvs are lined up on my shelf so it still looks pretty cool with the spines reading 2003.
Old 11-13-09, 01:18 AM

Shoptna has a Black Friday sale already, with lots of dvds on sale.
Old 11-13-09, 06:48 AM

What is the packaging for the R2 Silvervision releases of the Survivor Series Anthologies like?

Is it like the US version with the cardboard sleeves (scratchamania) or does it have a plastic hub to place each disc on?
Old 11-13-09, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rich Sawyer
What is the packaging for the R2 Silvervision releases of the Survivor Series Anthologies like?

Is it like the US version with the cardboard sleeves (scratchamania) or does it have a plastic hub to place each disc on?
They come in plastic cases similar in size to an old vhs case. The discs are inside in the flip over plastic inserts, with the match listings attached at the front in a leaflet style booklet with pictures. It doesn't look great, but at least there are no scratches on the discs.
Old 11-13-09, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
It was offered in North America as well, inside all the 2003 ppvs they had an insert where you cut up the UPC code and once you have all 12 ppvs (not including Insurrextion) you mail them in for a free storage box.
I don't have Vol. 1 or 2 of Survivor Series Anthology yet but from what I have seen and heard the Sets do not have a UPC insert to cut out and send off for such a deal (Can anyone confirm this?).

This to me would mean they aren't doing an empty box offer or they may expect us to give them the actual UPC from the back of the packaging (which I also doubt because this is a digipak, so cutting that off would be TERRIBLE!). In the UK with the empty box offer is tied with the online order of them all I believe.
Old 11-14-09, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
I don't have Vol. 1 or 2 of Survivor Series Anthology yet but from what I have seen and heard the Sets do not have a UPC insert to cut out and send off for such a deal (Can anyone confirm this?).

This to me would mean they aren't doing an empty box offer or they may expect us to give them the actual UPC from the back of the packaging (which I also doubt because this is a digipak, so cutting that off would be TERRIBLE!). In the UK with the empty box offer is tied with the online order of them all I believe.
Yea, there won't be a empty box offer for Survivor Series in North America unless down the road they package all 4 Volumes and resell it. That would suck for the us people that bought the separate volumes.

Not really worried since i only need 97,98, and 99 to complete my Survivor Series DVD collection. Volume 3 will contain those three along with 2000 and 2001, which don't really have a choice since those will be included anyways.
Old 11-14-09, 10:10 AM

Here is some pictures I took of the Hulk DVD. Hope these have not been posted yet! Anyway hope you all enjoy them!

Old 11-14-09, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slightly disappointed to see that it's not in a case similar to The Ultimate Hulk Hogan anthology, but it's still very pretty. I'm definitely picking up this one.
Old 11-14-09, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Ultimate Anthology case was nice with the hard cover and flip book style (like with the Rumble Anthology, and History of the WWE and Intercontinental Title).

Looking forward to getting this, the content looks amazing. WWE advertised it on SD and there is 27 matches on this set.
Old 11-14-09, 12:53 PM

Why is John Morrison getting a DVD, and still no Chris Jericho set?
Old 11-14-09, 02:13 PM

Why is John Morrison getting a DVD, and still no Chris Jericho set?
Why not give JoMo a DVD he has been with the company for quite a while (since wining tough enough 3) so they have that footage, his OVW tag and feud with fellow tough enough winner Matt Cappotelli, working as Bishoff's assistant, back to OVW and tagging with Mercury and Melina, arriving on Smackdown and defeating Rey/Eddie in there debut, splitting up MNM, moving to Raw, wining IC Title, feuding with the Hardys, moving to ECW and winning the title, Punk feud, tagging with Miz, dirt sheet, splitting from Miz and his incredible matches this year with virtually everyone...

This year it appears that every week JoMo has had the match of the week with: Bourne, Benjamin, Jericho, Mysterio, Hardy, Edge, Ziggler, etc...

Plus they have asked the "WWE Universe" for questions for the set; so they could well do 2 discs of mixed questions and matches feature a segment on tough enough, and a disc of dirt sheets as they were incredible (like they did with the Cena set).

I'm really looking forward to this set more than the RAW '09 set. And after all Batista got a 3 disc release and his matches are awful. I'd rather watch 6 discs of morrison.

Also hasn't Jericho mentioned that he doesn't want a DVD until he has retired.

Last edited by md2810; 11-14-09 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-14-09, 09:27 PM

TNA is running their Black Friday Sale right now, and almost everything on the site is discounted. I had these DVD's in my shopping cart all day in order to have the folks pick them up for me for X-Mas, and ended up losing Sacrifice 2006 (Sold Out), but I got a tremendous deal to fill in the holes in my collection:

Final Resolution 2005- $2.99
Final Rresolution 2006- $3.99
Destination X 2006 (ShopTNA Internet Exclusive)- $3.99
Victory Road 2006 (ShopTNA Internet Exclusive)- $3.99
No Surrender 2006 (ShopTNA Internet Exclusive)- $3.99
Sacrifice 2007 (ShopTNA Internet Exclusive)- $4.99
Bound For Glory 2008- $5.99
Against All Odds 2009- $6.99
Hard Justice 2009- $7.99

With free shipping on orders over $40 (But not free "Handling" which came up to 3.25) I got all 9 of these for $48.16, which comes up to $5.35 a piece. A tremendous deal to come close to completing my TNA DVD collection thus far, especially because half of them are Internet Exclusives. Anyone else taken advantage of the sale?
Old 11-15-09, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Kaori00
Here is some pictures I took of the Hulk DVD. Hope these have not been posted yet! Anyway hope you all enjoy them!

Thanks man, I love posts like these.
Old 11-15-09, 10:10 AM

If they are going to do a Best of Raw set at least start with 1993, or better yet do Best Of Nitro first as we have lots of Raw footage already.
Old 11-15-09, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
Thanks man, I love posts like these.
You mean thanks miss, lol. Oh I heart post like mine too! I was so very inspired when I took the pix. I can't wait to see pix of other upcoming WWE DVD's. Like the History of the World Heavyweight Championship & WWE: Jeff Hardy.
Old 11-15-09, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kaori00
You mean thanks miss, lol.
Haha, sorry about that.
Old 11-15-09, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon.ca has put up the Morrison DVD, it will called "John Morrison: Rock Star". They don't list how many discs, but Amazon.com has listed it as 2 disc.

Not bad, kind of interested in this especially if they include a documentary and footage from when he won Tough Enough and OVW when teaming with Joey Mercury and Melina.

Last edited by sg2386; 11-15-09 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-16-09, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by sg2386
Amazon.ca has put up the Morrison DVD, it will called "John Morrison: Rock Star". They don't list how many discs, but Amazon.com has listed it as 2 disc.

Not bad, kind of interested in this especially if they include a documentary and footage from when he won Tough Enough and OVW when teaming with Joey Mercury and Melina.
It's too early for a John Morrison DVD, he hasn't even fully got over as a face yet...
Old 11-16-09, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by xNightfallx
Shoptna has a Black Friday sale already, with lots of dvds on sale.
If anyone is looking at placing an order and wouldn't mind doing me a favour. The only TNA ppv I need prior to 2009 is Sacrifice 2007, however TNA charges an arm and a leg to ship to Canada, I stopped ordering from them almost two years ago because of this but double checked with the sale in hopes that it's changed but alas it would be $29.95 to ship one dvd.

So if anyone would mind picking me up Sacrifice 2007 and getting it shipped to their place and mailing it to me via USPS I would gladly pay the dvd cost and shipping charge. Just shoot me a PM thanks.
Old 11-16-09, 11:42 AM

Hogan dvd?

Really Looking forward to the Hogan dvd, does anyone know where the best place to get it will be? Regards to extras and if no one will carry extras in regards to price.
Old 11-16-09, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's too early for a John Morrison DVD, he hasn't even fully got over as a face yet...
Why does it really matter, though? Maybe they're using this to try and help get him over more. It's not like there would have been a Jericho set or something else worthwhile in its place if they weren't coming out with this. I don't see the problem. It's not like you're being forced to purchase it.
Old 11-16-09, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Silvervision has put up Survivor Series 2009 for Blu-ray, its great how they get the big 4 on Blu-ray this year.

But hopefully WWE will start doing that for North America next year since they're releasing RAW: The 2009 Season on Blu-ray Jan. 26, so that's a good sign.
Old 11-16-09, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hitman tommy
If anyone is looking at placing an order and wouldn't mind doing me a favour. The only TNA ppv I need prior to 2009 is Sacrifice 2007, however TNA charges an arm and a leg to ship to Canada, I stopped ordering from them almost two years ago because of this but double checked with the sale in hopes that it's changed but alas it would be $29.95 to ship one dvd.

So if anyone would mind picking me up Sacrifice 2007 and getting it shipped to their place and mailing it to me via USPS I would gladly pay the dvd cost and shipping charge. Just shoot me a PM thanks.
Shoot me a PM and let me know where you are in Canada.

I'm looking to fill in the 2009 DVDs I'm missing and need to get over the free shipping hump anyway. I have an Amerifriend who will re-ship for a far more reasonable price than the ShopTNA ripoff.
Old 11-16-09, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Hogan dvd?

Originally Posted by bigjon9981
Really Looking forward to the Hogan dvd, does anyone know where the best place to get it will be? Regards to extras and if no one will carry extras in regards to price.
best buy will have it for 20 bucks
Old 11-16-09, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Amazon has the Hogan dvd for $19.99.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.