Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Clive Barker Needs Emails for Nightbreed Director's Cut Dvd

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-12, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Clive Barker Needs Emails for Nightbreed Director's Cut Dvd

I think a Kickstarter page would reach at least $25k in a day or 2 with Barker behind the project. I'd certainly give a few bucks.
Old 06-13-12, 10:19 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SethDLH
I think a Kickstarter page would reach at least $25k in a day or 2 with Barker behind the project. I'd certainly give a few bucks.
I would too, since online donations were recently done for the bluray cost/transfer of 'The Opening of Misty Beethoven' - ther's no reason why a similar option could be done for 'Nightbreed'
Old 06-19-13, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Update!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...ow-on-the-way/

http://picking-brains.com/2013/06/03...devil-his-due/
Old 06-22-13, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul1957
Sent my email.

Mark Miller: "One fan set out in search of the truth, armed only with a few phone numbers and the power of a name...
"On one call I was transferred to a production executive. You already know what I told him, so let me tell you what he told me: He Can Access The Lost Nightbreed Footage At Any Time.
"My jaw dropped. Struggling to remember my already limited vocabulary, I asked what had to happen in order for the footage to see the light of day. He explained to me that someone, namely one of the higher ups, had to have a good reason to pull it out of storage. I, having that good reason, nodded and thanked him. He couldn't have been a nicer guy.
"Excited, I pictured myself walking through large dusty warehouses filled from floor to ceiling with ancient reels of arcane footage. I’m sorry to report, that's not what happened.
"Shortly after, one of said higher ups was gracious enough to give me a moment of his time. I was shocked when he told me there wasn't a big enough audience for the film and that the answer to my request must be no.
'Not even worth the cost to upgrade to Blu-ray,' he said.
"Ouch."

Just your name or screen name is fine but please feel free to add your country of residence and / or a sentence or two on why this would be a great idea. We'll collate responses at the bottom of this page and build a picture of support for Nightbreed here!

Spread the word too... The more will definitely be the merrier for all of us...

On behalf of Clive, Mark Miller and ourselves - thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments!

This is precisely WHY companies like Shout Factory exist. Let'em license it. It's also why the home video market is in trouble--don't give product your audience wants and will buy instead given them stuff they don't want and watch it sit there.
Old 07-19-13, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

It's finally happening!

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/687...reed-cabal-cut