Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-09, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

If anyone could get me a copy of the World X Cup DVD, I will throw in a couple extra dollars plus shipping.
Old 04-17-09, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
I can probably hook a few of you up for cost+shipping on the Royal Rumble Steelbook if you're interested. My Wal-Mart had at least 7-10 copies on Tuesday night. If you want to throw an extra buck or two my way, cool, but I'm not looking to make money here. Just tryin' to help a brotha out.

I'm just pissed that I went and got the regular release the day it came out at K-Mart (2 pack w/ last year's RR).
PM sent
Old 04-17-09, 12:48 PM

surprised to see only tag team and macho man dvds on the list for the rest of summer, shouldn't there be more "best of" dvds on that list

for allied powers i would like to see
-heatwave 98 sabu/rvd vs ?? cant remember there names but both flew in to ecw for 1 nigh from japan, one of the best tag team matches i have seen
-atleast 1 dudley boyz match from ecw
-atleast 1 outsiders match from wcw
-buried alive rock and sock connection vs big show/taker
Old 04-17-09, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

No luck with the World X Cup through my buddy. I just caved in and went the eBay route. I really don't feel like going on a fucking scavenger hunt to find a dvd anymore.
Old 04-17-09, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For those interested ROHWrestling has the new TNA Toughest Tag Teams DVD in stock. I just ordered it with the 10% off, hopefully should receive it next week.
Old 04-17-09, 05:12 PM

Hi, if you're in the UK and are going into a HMV, just wanted to let you know that there is a sale on some WWE DVDs

Royal Rumble 2008 (Steelbook) - £6
No Way Out 2008 - £3
Backlash 2008 - £4
Judgement Day 2008 - £4
Live in the UK: April 2008 - £6
Old 04-17-09, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought Vengeance 2001, new and sealed, on ebay for $30.
Old 04-17-09, 09:37 PM

Those of you having trouble finding the XCup dvd, it's official release date is next Tuesday 4.21, according to the guy at Sat Matinee who looked it up on the system. I was lucky enough to find a lone copy for 11.99 at 1 of the 2 FYE's in the area.
Old 04-18-09, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
For allied powers I would like to see:
Heatwave 98- Sabu/RVD vs ?? - Can't remember their names but both flew in to ECW for one night from Japan -
one of the best tag team matches I have seen.
Heatwave 1998 PPV - Hara Arena - Dayton, Ohio - August 2, 1998.
ECW Tag Team Title Match - Sabu and Rob Van Dam (with Bill Alfronso) vs Hayabusa and Jinsei Shinzaki. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECW_Heat_Wave)

Hayabusa - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiji_Ezaki
Jinsei Shinzaki (better known in the US as Hakushi - WWE) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinsei_Shinzaki

LB...
Old 04-18-09, 12:54 PM

I certainly am not looking to pick a fight or demean anyone here, but do any of the hardcore collectors order the ppvs, or do you just wait until they are out on DVD? While the DVD for something like Judgment Day 2002 might be a rarity, I ordered the ppv and have barely watched my tape since. I ordered lots of shows until the past few years, so other than superstar sets with good docs/rare matches, I don't buy many anymore.
Old 04-18-09, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since most ppvs are $40, including the $2-4 you'd use for a tape, I almost never order ppvs anywhere. Two reasons: 1) the afformentioned price and 2) because you never know if it's going to be good or not. So instead of taking a $40 gamble, I prefer to definitively own something that I know I'm going to like, either because I've read the results, or caught a quick download.
Old 04-18-09, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by KurtK26
I certainly am not looking to pick a fight or demean anyone here, but do any of the hardcore collectors order the ppvs, or do you just wait until they are out on DVD? While the DVD for something like Judgment Day 2002 might be a rarity, I ordered the ppv and have barely watched my tape since. I ordered lots of shows until the past few years, so other than superstar sets with good docs/rare matches, I don't buy many anymore.
I wait...and then wait until I don't have to spend more than $10-12 on one. (Quite a few of the older ones -like 2003-7 PPVs - I bought for $3-7 each; I also never spent more than $20 on the Attitude Era PPVs - I think the most I spent was $20 for Vengeance 2002)
Old 04-18-09, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by KurtK26
I haven't ordered a PPV since One Night Stand 2006 and I don't plan on changing that. There's no way I can justify paying $40 to watch something once when I can own the thing with extras and watch it whenever I want for usually $20 or less. On top of that quite a few PPVs have questionable quality. In the end it's still a bad PPV, but had I paid $40 for December To Dismember over what I paid for the DVD, I might not have watched wrestling again.
Old 04-19-09, 10:17 AM

Im fairly new here but been lurkin for awhile.. This is my first post and what better section to do it in... Anyway.

Normally I dont buy them, however for some reason this year I started to, Rumble, NWO, and Mania. Im not ordering Backlash or Lockdown and hopefully wont unless others come over to watch and pitch in like they did with Mania.
Old 04-19-09, 10:56 AM

Does anyone else tape or DVR WWE, and then keep them after watching? Is it normal?
Old 04-19-09, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by dillkid
Does anyone else tape or DVR WWE, and then keep them after watching? Is it normal?
I've got every Sunday Night Heat from 2000, random RAWs and Smackdowns from 2002-2005, and every RAW, Smackdown, and ECW from 2006 onwards either on tape or DVD.

Old 04-19-09, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Doctor Zoidberg
In the end it's still a bad PPV, but had I paid $40 for December To Dismember over what I paid for the DVD, I might not have watched wrestling again.
I stopped watching WWE after that PPV! I just gave up. I've seen a couple WWE PPVs since (only after hearing if they were good or not, or last year's WM for Ric Flair's retirement match), but I haven't seen more than 15 minutes of RAW or Smackdown (in total) since.

Now I just stick w/ ROH and occasionally TNA.
Old 04-19-09, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dillkid
Only the good matches. And nothing in the past 3 years or so.
Old 04-19-09, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
I've got every Sunday Night Heat from 2000, random RAWs and Smackdowns from 2002-2005, and every RAW, Smackdown, and ECW from 2006 onwards either on tape or DVD.

You wouldn't have the Benoit Tribute episode of Raw that they had after his death but before learning the circumstances of it recorded, would you? I always wanted to see that one but missed it when it aired, and they're obviously never gonna air it again or put it on a DVD.
Old 04-19-09, 12:30 PM

I DVR the PPV's if I buy them but delete them once they are out on dvd. Also DVR Raw incase Im not home. Usually I just delete it though and catch the results online. I used to DVR Impact! but it got boring to me. I did catch this weeks episode and it wasnt that bad though.
Old 04-19-09, 01:01 PM

What's the story on the World X Cup DVD? Is it some type of exclusive? I live in Canada, but I'd pay cost + shipping + extra $$$ to get that one!
Old 04-19-09, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Liontamer
You wouldn't have the Benoit Tribute episode of Raw that they had after his death but before learning the circumstances of it recorded, would you? I always wanted to see that one but missed it when it aired, and they're obviously never gonna air it again or put it on a DVD.
That's even rarer in the UK, since it only aired once, at 4am. All subsequent repeats (the 'traditional' way of watching RAW in the UK), something else aired in its place.

I did record it at first, but after learning of the circumstances the next day, I recorded ECW over it. I just couldn't have such a tribute in my possession.

It's even more spooky, since I recorded that one on tape, the audio of ECW sometimes cuts to tributes to Benoit and clips of him.
Old 04-19-09, 03:33 PM

I have every raw and sd going back to january 2002 on tape or dvd and have every episode of ecw on tape or dvd. I even have tna tv on dvd or tape going back to the fox sports net days.
Old 04-19-09, 04:26 PM
Cool New Member

As long as we're bragging, I have a collection that goes back 30 years of TV, PPV, and home videos.
Old 04-19-09, 05:08 PM
Cool New Member

I always thought this forum was meant for retail releases only, not bootlegs!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.