Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Friday Night Lights - Season 3 05/10/09

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases
View Poll Results: Are you planning to buy/rent?
Yes to Season 3
83.72%
Hell No!
16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Friday Night Lights - Season 3 05/10/09

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-09, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Friday Night Lights - Season 3 05/10/09

I'm really hoping the Directv footage is included on the disc, Why wouldn't they use Directv cuts, and then advertise that it has extended episodes. I was all excited to rewatch the series after the finale next week, while finishing with the Directv versions of season 3 that I haven't seen. I would like to say I won't buy season 3, but I like this show too much, and that it needs the support.
Old 05-18-09, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts

Well, shit.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/37302...-third-season/

Originally Posted by Cameron McGaughy
Some reports online have mentioned that DirecTV--which I don't have--originally aired these episodes in longer formats, and that the episodes presented here are the shorter NBC versions (and also have some different music in spots due to rights issues). My guess is that the deletions are minor, and I assume the deleted scenes (viewable separately) account for much of the content. However, there was one indication that at least a few scenes are missing. The intro to Episode 2 (the "previously on Friday Night Lights" beginning) has clips from the season opener that aren't included on the episode presented here or as deleted scenes: Tami telling Eric about a conversation she had with Buddy, and Lyla asking Tim a question. While it's annoying to think some scenes might not be included here (and I doubt there's much), it's obvious that any missing material is extremely minor--and this show is far too good to miss because of that.
Why would they do that?
Old 05-18-09, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 247 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
What the hell are you waiting for? Put Disc 1 of season 1 in now and start watching!
Just seeing this now, but I've never started watching only because I have a hard time keeping up with the shows I am currently watching. Once I knock out some of those I will get to it eventually.

Why isn't this being released on Blu-Ray, by the way?
Old 05-19-09, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have already seen this season twice when it aired on DTV and NBC. While certainly MUCH better than S2, it still wasn't nearly as great as S1 which I have on DVD and will probably be the only season I get since I'll be watching S4 twice when it starts airing.

And as to no Blu-ray version - that stinks. I'll have seen it in HD for free while the SD DVD is all that's available. Lame.
Old 05-19-09, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 426 Likes on 307 Posts

These cuts still don't bother me since I have only watched it on NBC. This season was too good not to miss out on the dvd.
Old 05-20-09, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,679 Likes on 2,646 Posts

Picked this up today. Extras are very skimpy. Only 1 audio commentary on the season finale. Pretty much the rest of the extras are deleted scenes. There is however, 13 minutes of extended footage from the season finale as part of the deleted scenes. I look forward to checking that out soon.
Old 05-20-09, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 426 Likes on 307 Posts

So where all of the deleted scenes included in the longer DTV cuts?
Old 05-21-09, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the end of episode 3, is the bixby canyon bridge song by Death Cab for Cutie included in the final sequences? I know they replaced it online, was hoping it was included on the DVD still.. any details on this?