Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Help with Resident Evil: Exctinction - 2-Disc Limited Edition

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-09, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help with Resident Evil: Exctinction - 2-Disc Limited Edition

I need some info on this one. First, I heard that it was available only at Gamestop. Then walmart. Today, my best friend called me to tell me that he found a copy at some thrify kind of store. I said I'd think about it, but here's the weird thing--I went to Best Buy, and they had a copy of this so-called "Limited Edition."

What's the deal? Is it an exclusive? Who is it an exclusive to? And why would it be in a Best Buy?

I'm only gonna pick it up if it's hard to come by. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-29-09, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Help with Resident Evil: Exctinction - 2-Disc Limited Edition

Gamestop had an exclusive, but it was the same as the Exclusive Wal Mart had, as far as I know.

I bought mine at Wal Mart and the only thing exclusive about it is the fact that they put all the special features from the single disc and put them on a separate disc. They added a digital copy to the same disc as the movie. But, the code has expired by now.

Oh, the artwork for the 2nd discs for Gamestop and Wal Mart was different though.
Old 01-29-09, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought it was only exclusive at Walmart....
That's crazy....
Old 01-29-09, 07:34 PM

Gamestop's was different -- it had added content but no digital copy.

Here's more info from a review (http://www.dvdinmypants.com/reviews/...extinction.php):

"GameStop – GameStop’s DVD of Resident Evil: Extinction is exactly the same as the release you’ll find in other stores, except that buying it there gets you a free bonus disc (make sure to ask the employee for it, they’re separate) which comes individually sealed in a CD-style jewel case. It has two features truly exclusive to this release, which for the purpose of completion I’ll go into here…

The Players: The Cast of Extinction – (19:38)
This is a feature that actually looks at the characters more than the actors. There are character profiles for Alice, Claire Redfield, Carlos Olivera, L.J., Betty, Mikey, K-Mart, Chase, and Dr. Isaacs. The thoughts on every character are shared by the actor that plays them and at times by other actors and the crew themselves. This is a solid feature and it’s a shame that many fans won’t be able to see it.

Resident Road Map: Reflections on the Future of the Series – (6:59)
Is the franchise over? It seems not. While not too revealing, Milla doesn’t seem disinterested in making another and if not, Wesker was specifically developed to segue into another “trilogy worth of material.” Personally, while I would love to see a fourth Milla adventure especially after the incredible set up of Extinction’s finale, Resident Evil as a film franchise could easily live on without Milla if it were to go into another direction and I would still eat them up all the same. Although producer Robert Kulzer states that Alice is the centerpiece of the series and he can’t see more being made without her. Who’s to say? Even though you see the filmmakers talking about potential for the series from here on out, very little of it is more than speculation, although Anderson seems pretty confident that there will be a fourth Resident Evil. You make it guys, and I’ll be there.

There are no menus on the bonus disc, just these two features which play back-to-back. I bought this because I’m a die-hard fan of the series, so for those people I would recommend it. Otherwise, you’ll be pretty satisfied with the standard release. These features are good enough and should have been included on the regular retail release though."

Last edited by njwiv; 01-29-09 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-29-09, 07:42 PM

I don't understand why Best Buy would have a Limited Edition 2-Disc..it might be a return. As far as the Gamestop and Walmart Exclusive...Well, Gamestop had a second disc with special features you received with the purchase of Resident Evil: Extinction. It was not included inside the disc. Walmart on the other hand had the 2-disc version, but second disc was just a Digital Copy of the film, nothing else new. hope that helps.
I usually like to pick the exclusive versions and the best one for Resident Evil was the one from Gamestop.
Old 01-29-09, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky101
I don't understand why Best Buy would have a Limited Edition 2-Disc..it might be a return. As far as the Gamestop and Walmart Exclusive...Well, Gamestop had a second disc with special features you received with the purchase of Resident Evil: Extinction. It was not included inside the disc. Walmart on the other hand had the 2-disc version, but second disc was just a Digital Copy of the film, nothing else new. hope that helps.
I usually like to pick the exclusive versions and the best one for Resident Evil was the one from Gamestop.
This is incorrect on the Wal Mart Version.
It was 2 discs, but like I stated earlier the digital copy is on the first disc with the feature. Bonus features are on the second. This is the version I own.

As far as the Gamestop bonus disc, it has the bonus features that are on the Region 4[Australia] release is the above poster is correct.

I'm gonna have to track down that Gamestop bonus disc now.