Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Actual trailers on the actual DVD release?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-08, 12:55 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Why don't production studios put the actual movie trailer on the actual DVD release of that movie, but rather you can find those trailers on other DVD releases? That doesn't make sense to me...

With "Iron Man" just coming out, the SD doesn't include the fantastic trailers for the movie (especially the Black Sabbath song). But, i have seen the trailer on other recent DVD releases.
Old 10-11-08, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't understand the logic behind it either. Trailers are one of my favorite bonus features because I love to revisit them to remind me of what drew me to the film in the first place. It should be THE standard minimum bonus feature for every single DVD ever made. Period.
Old 10-11-08, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fully agree!!
one of my favorite teaser trailers was the one for miami vice with the jay-z song. not only wasn´t it included on the actual dvd, but i also didn`t find it on any other universal release!
Old 10-11-08, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott1598
Why don't production studios put the actual movie trailer on the actual DVD release of that movie, but rather you can find those trailers on other DVD releases? That doesn't make sense to me...

With "Iron Man" just coming out, the SD doesn't include the fantastic trailers for the movie (especially the Black Sabbath song). But, i have seen the trailer on other recent DVD releases.
They're present on the Blu-ray release AFAIK.
Old 10-11-08, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
The studio's figure "why try to sell something they already bought" so they cut those out in favor of other movies from their studio.

I don't mind other trailers on the disc...but c'mon now, include the trailer for the movie you bought! I love watching them.
Old 10-11-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
I also like trailers for the movie I just bought. Especially if it's an older movie.
Old 10-11-08, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
They used to do it all the time. It used to be almost expected that the trailer for the movie would be included.

I think part of it is due to the format becoming mainstream. The average person doesn't care about them.