Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Will the remaining 13 eps of Hanna Barbera's 1970s Godzilla cartoon get released?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Will the remaining 13 eps of Hanna Barbera's 1970s Godzilla cartoon get released?

Old 10-10-08, 10:55 AM
Political Exile

I don't know why the first 13 episodes (out of 26 total) were spread out over 3 seperate releases instead of one boxed set with all 26.

Anyway, I'm wondering if the other 13 will ever be released.
Old 10-12-08, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by grundle View Post
I don't know why the first 13 episodes (out of 26 total) were spread out over 3 seperate releases instead of one boxed set with all 26.

Anyway, I'm wondering if the other 13 will ever be released.
The "why" part is very easy to explain: Like most giant conglomerate companies, Sony are a bunch of greedy corporate a-holes who don't give a rat's about truly pleasing customers - only about making money; and what better way to maximize their profits on an obscure 70's animated series that only us poor hardcore Godzilla fans actually care about, than to split the 26 episodes up into 6 (or more) individual releases and charge top $$$ for each??? It's a safe bet that they will take their sweet time coughing these up, and probably give us ZERO in the way of extras. Then, to add insult to injury, they'll likely release a "deluxe edition box set" that's nothing more than a cardboard slip cover with the same discs inside, or MAYBE put into the slimline cases, but still with NOTHING extra for the collector. The really sad part is that there continue to be people who buy into this practice (literally) all the time, which is why it still goes on.

I'd love to tell Sony to FOAD, but the truth is that I'll just be glad to have the entire series on DVD, even if it's a pathetic barebones release spread across individual discs that come out months (or years!) apart. *SIGH*