Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

How often do you view the same dvd ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-08, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 249 Likes on 176 Posts
Usually a good 5 years between viewings. Some I view annually(Halloween, Christmas stuff). There are those favorite movies that you see a zillion times and then just don't feel like watching but own because it's favorite.
Concert dvds I usually end up watching several times right off the bat and then file away.
Old 10-09-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have HUNDREDS of unwatched blind-bought DVDs, so I don't have much time for repeat viewings, especially on more than an annual basis. With Halloween coming around, my g/f digs out a bunch of horror flicks to revisit; same at Christmas with stuff like Grinch (cartoon) and Elf.
Old 10-09-08, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well between new purchases and netflix its hard to get around the same movie time and time again.

But I would say I probably watch most films in my collection every 2 - 3 years or so.

But there are a certain selection of movies that I watched atleast once a year including "The Breakfast Club," "Screen" "Interview with a Vampire," "The Goonies," "The Lost Boys," "Father of the Bride 1/2," and "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" - which are pretty much my favorite movies.

Oh and I watch "Nightmare on Elm Street" every Sept. 28 because its an anniversary thing.
Old 10-09-08, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hotsexyboi
... but if it's a movie I don't really care for then its about 3 months or more
I can't imagine why I'm the first to mention this, but why even watch something ever again if you didn't care for it? Hopeful your opinion will change to justify the expense?

I don't have any rhyme or reason on what DVD's I watch. Just whatever title strikes me at that moment is the one I 'll choose to watch that's all.
This best describes my method. I have enough routines to not include film watching as one of them.

But some of you guys are downright scary! ..like watching Army of Darkness every week for a long time. I have a short list of favorites that I can throw in at any time, and then there are some favorites that I can only watch so frequently (every few years or so), but I doubt I'll own anything that I'd watch more often than once or twice a year. I'd revisit for a review or maybe catch a few sequences of, but nothing further than that.