Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

What Is Your Least Favorite Dvd Special Feature?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

What Is Your Least Favorite Dvd Special Feature?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Fuck Yes!

I can't wait for the day when I can watch Ben Hur on my 1" ipod screen.
you nailed it.

Anyone remember the day when DVD has the performer and the director's filmography? Yeah that kinda suck too.

Oh wait... someone have mentioned it just a few post above
Old 09-15-08, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Full Screen presentation. Like an edited movie is something to brag about.

Last edited by stingermck; 09-15-08 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-15-08, 03:56 PM
Cool New Member

Deleted scenes. They almost always add next to nothing to my enjoyment of the movie.
Old 09-15-08, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 960 Likes on 667 Posts
I don't know I like ALL special features. I might not watch them all but I really like having them. I think it really adds value to my purchase.

The ones I don't like are ones that take up space that might have been able to hold something else. Like all the kid games on disney movies instead of meaningful adult features.

Oh another "feature" I hate is when TV on dvd advertises other seasons on dvd. Star Trek is especially bad at this. Yea I just watched a 20 second easter egg clip. Now I have to watch 30 seconds of how the clip is property of paramount and a slide show of each and every star trek season that is available on dvd. You know if I'm watching a season set of a show most likely I'm a big enough fan that I will know when the other seasons come out on dvd.

That and movie trailers for other movies. Especially ones that are really annoying. I'm looking at you Fox. "I want you to hit me as hard as you can..."
[rant over]

One thing I hate is whose bright idea was it to release two different versions of a dvd a one disc and a two disc? Remember when every major release was a two disc version? Now they charge a whole lot more for the same content.
Old 09-15-08, 09:25 PM

this really isn't a "special feature" but i do remember when disney touted "FULL COLOR DISC ART" as a special feature on their limited edition discs. ridiculous. imo disc art should be standard. granted, now a days, with paramount going the grey disc route and universal just using black text, it almost is at the point where it's a special feature. sad.