Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Amazon offering old Nick TV Shows via burn-on-demand

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-11, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon offering old Nick TV Shows via burn-on-demand

I didn't like The Wild Thornberrys at all, but I think my younger siblings did. I might buy this for them just to show support for what Shout! is doing.
Old 02-18-11, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right now Amazon has this on sale for $20.99 with an MSRP of $29.99, which is considerably lower than the MOD release which is on sale for $35.99 with an MSRP of $39.99, lol.

LINK

I hope they release all the MOD releases through shout at around $20 a piece. Instant buys for me.
Old 02-19-11, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, that's the right price I'd be willing to pay for a show I wasn't that invested in. Not the greatest cartoon ever but it was a good way to pass time on a Saturday afternoon.
Old 03-10-11, 09:40 AM

Rocko's Modern Life season 1 June 21st retail release. As most of you may know the MOD releases were only "best ofs" I owned all three but sold them due to me growing tired of paying the outrageous amount of these MOD titles http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Roc...Season-1/15107
Old 03-10-11, 10:49 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Aren't the Amazon Rocko episodes censored? I wonder if there's any chance that Shout would put out the uncensored versions?
Old 03-10-11, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by joltman
Aren't the Amazon Rocko episodes censored? I wonder if there's any chance that Shout would put out the uncensored versions?
I believe they are, and I doubt Shout! uses different versions. I'm just glad to have a complete season for a reasonable price.
Old 03-10-11, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

God bless the people over at Shout! Factory. Rocko's Modern Life is one of my most-wanted titles, so this is an automatic first day purchase. Can't believe we're finally getting it after all this time. Hopefully Shout! seems some decent sales on these Nick Toons sets so Shout! can not only release more shows, but release shows in their entirety.
Old 03-10-11, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by kstublen
God bless the people over at Shout! Factory. Rocko's Modern Life is one of my most-wanted titles, so this is an automatic first day purchase. Can't believe we're finally getting it after all this time. Hopefully Shout! seems some decent sales on these Nick Toons sets so Shout! can not only release more shows, but release shows in their entirety.
My thoughts exactly. God Bless Shout! Factory, indeed. Hopefully these releases continue, and finish Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, Doug, Angry Beavers, Pete & Pete, Clarissa Explains It All, Are You Afraid Of The Dark?, and many, many others. Awesome price on this too, although it's only a 13-episode season. I'm going to pre-order it from Amazon now.
Old 03-10-11, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great. Now Shout! Factory can either...

A. Release one season and call it a day.
B. Release one season through retail and then the rest through their online website.

Fantastic.
Old 03-10-11, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Great. Now Shout! Factory can either...

A. Release one season and call it a day.
B. Release one season through retail and then the rest through their online website.

Fantastic.
They are known for doing that
Old 03-10-11, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, Shout! has a better track record than a lot of other companies insofar as releasing shows in their entirety. And I'd rather buy something from Shout! Select for $30 and have it be an actual DVD than spend that much on Amazon and have it be a DVD-R.
Old 03-10-11, 11:27 PM
Banned

Hopefully, we'll get proper season sets of Rugrats and maybe Pete And Pete. At least a set to finish P&P.
Old 03-11-11, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
I believe they are, and I doubt Shout! uses different versions. I'm just glad to have a complete season for a reasonable price.
For Season 1, only one episode (The Good, The Bad and the Wallaby) is actually cut. The others haven't been touched.
Old 03-11-11, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just want Pete & Pete Season 3, nothing else interests me and if they'd release that I could finally stop checking into this thread every time someone bumps it.

I read a news item the other day stating TeeNick is going to start showing a block of live-action 90's programming overnight including P&P so hopefully the increased exposure will lead to a DVD release.
Old 03-22-11, 09:41 AM

From the press release of TWT Shout! has implied that the have the rights to Blu Ray releases of these shows. That would be fantastic.
Old 03-22-11, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm as excited as a schoolgirl at the possibility of Shout! taking over the Nick library and hopefully giving us all the great shows from the 90s and 80s.
Old 03-22-11, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
From the press release of TWT Shout! has implied that the have the rights to Blu Ray releases of these shows. That would be fantastic.
That's pretty interesting. I wonder how much these shows would benefit from HD treatment; and would they be true HD or just upscales?

I really wish they'd just release Complete Series sets, with the option to purchase individual seasons. Great news about Hey Arnold! and Aaaah!!! Real Monsters too. I'd probably pick up Danny Phantom as well if it were cheap enough.
Old 03-22-11, 02:41 PM
Banned

I'd also like the rest of Clarissa. The best would be if Shout could get the rights to Are You Afraid Of The Dark. I'm not paying upwards of 40 bucks on the used market for it from canada.
Old 03-22-11, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I've bought all the episodes of Doug on iTunes as well as the first 2 seasons of Hey Arnold! and the first season of Aaahhh!! Real Monsters, I'll probably end up buying the DVDs as well, just because. I loved these shows so much as a kid. I really hope they get their hands on the live action shows at some point too, especially Kenan & Kel (LOVED that show)
Old 04-30-15, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Get ready for some of the all-time greatest episodes of your favorite Nick game shows! Join Kirk Fogg & Olmec as they tell you Legends of the Hidden Temple, Mike O'Malley as he tests kids' Guts, celebrity judges who are trying to Figure It Out, and more!
This one slipped under our radar, so we're grateful to sharp-eyed readers like Evan Finney who sent us the heads-up that 2 days ago, on April 27th, Nickelodeon released a manufacture on demand (MOD) DVD for "Nickelodeon Games - Sports: All-Star Collection." This 202-minute disc contains episodes of Family Double Dare, Super Sloppy Double Dare, Guts, Figure It Out, Legends of the Hidden Temple and Nickelodeon Arcade. Price is just $9.99 SRP, and cover art is below. We've also got an Amazon button link, so you can order a copy and relive some great memories!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fam...#ixzz3YnkygW1H
Old 05-01-15, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Sold
Old 05-02-15, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm not a fan of these MOD releases or "best of" releases for shows like Doug and Rugrats, but for the game shows I can't imagine they'll ever get proper releases. For $10 I had to get the release and hopefully they release a couple more volumes. Will be nice to have a few of these for posterity sake.
Old 05-04-15, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Might get the Games + Sports set. Mostly for GUTS and Legends of the Hidden Temple.
Old 05-12-15, 05:53 PM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Here's a review of the Games + Sports collection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWtkn1il6rU
Old 09-24-15, 06:58 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/odQQ4jgGpFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.