Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Amazon offering old Nick TV Shows via burn-on-demand

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-10, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon offering old Nick TV Shows via burn-on-demand

I find it funny that some of these MODS are getting different/official/complete season release over in Canada for a reasonable price. I wish they would get it together and give these shows the respect they deserve over here.
Old 11-23-10, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
I find it funny that some of these MODS are getting different/official/complete season release over in Canada for a reasonable price. I wish they would get it together and give these shows the respect they deserve over here.
Wait, what? What have they released in Canada?
Old 11-23-10, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I also am curious.
Old 11-23-10, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't heard of any being released in Canada, so I'm interested in what you're talking about. I'm all over ANY of these MOD releases if they've been released officially ANYWHERE.

EDIT: I've checked Amazon.ca for Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Aaaah! Real Monsters, The Wild Thornberrys, and Catdog and have found nothing.
Old 11-25-10, 07:39 PM

Ned's Declassified got a brand new official COMPLETE first season for $20. Amazon only offers the best of season one for $35. The same thing goes for a couple of more of the recent live action Nick shows. In Canada they are retail releases not overpriced partial season MODs. I'm personally not interested in those shows, but I know some of you would be.
Old 11-29-10, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No one in this thread cares about new Nick shows. No one. Thanks for getting our hopes up for nothing.
Old 11-29-10, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually like Ned's Declassified, it's got the feel of a lot of the older Nick Shows
Old 11-29-10, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
No one in this thread cares about new Nick shows. No one. Thanks for getting our hopes up for nothing.
Calm down buddy. Try contributing to this thread like I have and stop being soooooooo negative. Every show has fans just because you're not a fan doesn't mean the next person won't be.
Old 12-03-10, 07:00 PM

Catdog Seasons 2-3 http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Cat...-2-and-3/14764
The Wild Thornberrys Seasons 2-5 http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wil...hrough-5/14763
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters Seasons 2-4 http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Aaa...hrough-4/14769

From all of these stories - NOTE: It's worth mentioning that we're hearing from industry insiders that traditionally-manufactured DVD releases of this series may be coming to retail as soon as the early part of next year. We don't have anything further to tell you besides that at this time, but if you decide to buy these MOD releases, then at least you'll have made an informed decision!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wil...#ixzz176I40zUg

Last edited by JohnnyDaBull; 12-04-10 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-03-10, 07:46 PM

To put this as delicately as I possibly can: This is bull****.

How do either of those end up being the Nicktoons singled out for retail releases. And why are they complete when Rocko's Modern Life and Rugrats are less than halfway released with no future sets in sight?

Whoever is in charge of these DVD's is an idiot.
Old 12-03-10, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Super Leviathan
To put this as delicately as I possibly can: This is bull****.

How do either of those end up being the Nicktoons singled out for retail releases. And why are they complete when Rocko's Modern Life and Rugrats are less than halfway released with no future sets in sight?

Whoever is in charge of these DVD's is an idiot.
I agree but it seems that all the nicktoons may be coming out the way they are wording all these mod releases. So I'm keeping my hopes up
Old 12-03-10, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm hoping all of them do get retail releases, but they need to release the correct ones first so they sell. Wild Thornberrys and CatDog are definitely NOT the ones to release first. Why not release Rugrats first? It was the first NickToons series to last a decade and the only one to have 2 successful theatrical films and then another one. So why choose 2 dumber shows to release first??
Old 12-04-10, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoyed Wild Thornberrys when I caught it. I never really went out of my way to watch the program, but I enjoyed it. That said, I would have snatched those season sets up in a minute back in the day if they were released as regular DVDs (and cheaper) but at $35.00 per set now that's a bit steep to spring for a show I only mildly enjoyed.

And all along with these MOD releases that's my main complaint...the pricing puts the individual titles out of reasonable reach for a casual viewer who otherwise would have bought them. The way most of these are priced it seems to appeal most to die hard fans of the titles. I really think they are limiting their sales potential with this pricing plan.
Old 12-04-10, 01:33 AM

Absolutely. I barely remember Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, I know I liked it but I'm not about to spend $30+ on it.
Old 12-04-10, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nickelodeon has got to be one of the worst studios when it comes to making decisions regarding home video release. The first cartoon they release on retail DVD should be either Doug or Rugrats, plain and simple.

That said, if they release anything to stores I'll get it just to help show support for the releases and maybe get future official releases. What they need to do is follow what FOX did with Ally McBeal: release both the Complete Series and Season One on the same day, giving hardcore fans the option to get the Complete Series outright (which I did) as well as giving casual fans or curious newcomers the ability to commit to only one season. Then, over the period of a few months release the remaining individual seasons for those casual fans and curious newcomers.

These Nickelodeon shows are prime candidates for a release schedule like that. I mean, these shows have die hard fans who would undoubtedly purchase a Complete Series on day one and I'm sure lots of others would get an individual season as well.

Personally, I'd pay full MSRP on day one for official releases of Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, and Hey Arnold! I'd wait for a decent sale on Rugrats (because there are so many seasons), Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, The Angry Beavers, CatDog, The Wild Thornberrys, and Rocket Power. But if Real Monsters is the first official release, I'll pay whatever just to do my part to show there is interest in official Nicktoons releases.

I'd also be interested in getting KaBlam!, Oh Yeah! Cartoons, Action League Now!, and ChalkZone on DVD, but I doubt there is a large enough audience for Nickelodeon to commit to an official DVD release of those.

Calm down buddy. Try contributing to this thread like I have and stop being soooooooo negative. Every show has fans just because you're not a fan doesn't mean the next person won't be.
My point was, when you come into a thread about "Old Nick TV Shows" where everyone is sharing information about these MOD releases, and you say there are some official releases in Canada, one naturally assumes you meant an old title, not some new live action crap. It's great that that show got a release, but you should have just specified in your original post what it was.
Old 12-04-10, 07:48 AM

I would love to see "traditionally-manufactured" DVD releases for Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, The Angry Beavers and Aaahh!!! Real Monsters.

It would also be nice to see some of the newer Nicktoon like The Mighty B! and El Tigre get season releases as well.

And is is too much to ask to get the third season of Pete and Pete?
Old 12-16-10, 07:03 PM

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ang...-2-and-3/14817

Angry Beavers best of season 2
Angry Beavers best of season 3
Old 02-07-11, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Not quite on DVD....But I saw in the iTunes store that you can get volumes of Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts.....maybe a closer step to DVD?
Old 02-07-11, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Quack
Not quite on DVD....But I saw in the iTunes store that you can get volumes of Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts.....maybe a closer step to DVD?
I'm curious about the "volumes" do you know if there are episodes missing?
Old 02-07-11, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I'm curious about the "volumes" do you know if there are episodes missing?
If it's the same as the listing on the PS3 store, then it may be full seasons.
Old 02-07-11, 08:29 PM
Banned

Much agreed. We need the rest of Rugrats (the best of the NickToons), Clarissa, and Pete & Pete.
Old 02-16-11, 02:59 PM

The Wild Thornberrys 1st season gets retail release from Shout! Factory http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wil...Season-1/15029 a step in the right direction
Old 02-16-11, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was just coming to post the same thing, lol. This is truly great news! Granted, The Wild Thornberrys probably isn't the best title to start with, and it wasn't my favorite of the Nick Toons, but this is a day one purchase for me regardless, if only to show support for future releases. And it's even better that the people at Shout! Factory are going to be involved, since you can usually depend on them to follow through on releases and they're usually more accustomed to dealing with niche shows that don't have as wide appeal.
Old 02-16-11, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Wild Thornberrys 1st season gets retail release from Shout! Factory http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wil...Season-1/15029 a step in the right direction
So if I buy this on amazon.com they will have the pressed DVD retail edition? I am assuming there will be two listings for the title on there.

I may get this now.
Old 02-16-11, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

The only Nick shows I really have any interest in getting would be Kenan and Kel and maybe Doug. Never was a fan of The Wild Thornberrys. I find it odd that Nick hasn't put more of their shows out for official release though and have mostly gone with the Amazon burn-on-demand program. I think Rugrats for sure would be a decent seller if they released it and others would probably sell good too.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.