Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Sukiyaki Western Django 11/11/08 Too Many Flavors...

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Sukiyaki Western Django 11/11/08 Too Many Flavors...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-08, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a heads up but Fry's also has all 3 steelbook versions on sale for $14.99 in store. There was no mention of the bonus discs. They also have it in an amaray case with the coverart of all three actors.
Old 11-16-08, 12:35 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts
wow! this movie was a hell of a lot of fun. i def. mind less with the 3 blind buys. very well done. i thought it would be more graphic given Meekay, but that was my only gripe and liked it much more than i ever thought i would. the extras were done nice as well, especially the 52 making of featurette on d1.

Last edited by OldBoy; 11-16-08 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-16-08, 12:54 AM

the us release is missing like 20 minutes so the uncut version may be mor graphic
Old 11-16-08, 01:34 AM

I was totally unaware that they all had different bonus discs. I thought just the covers were different. Pretty unusual for a non-mainstream film. I wish I had paid more attention!
Old 11-16-08, 07:20 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rated_R_Outlaw
the us release is missing like 20 minutes so the uncut version may be mor graphic
from what I can Miike's cut of his own film for this was possibly better I've seen all the deleted and they kinda slow the pace. 1 of 3 is the DVD version that has ALL of the deleted scenes....
Old 11-16-08, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
from what I can Miike's cut of his own film for this was possibly better I've seen all the deleted and they kinda slow the pace. 1 of 3 is the DVD version that has ALL of the deleted scenes....
yeah, i think this cut was perfect. nicely paced and with the right amount of heart and action.
Old 11-16-08, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
wow! this movie was a hell of a lot of fun. i def. mind less with the 3 blind buys. very well done. i thought it would be more graphic given Meekay, but that was my only gripe and liked it much more than i ever thought i would. the extras were done nice as well, especially the 52 making of featurette on d1.
Will you go for three? or settle with one steelbook (BB Exclusive)?
Old 11-16-08, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by xage
Will you go for three? or settle with one steelbook (BB Exclusive)?
check my sig...
Old 11-16-08, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sessa17
I am utterly baffled by this trend. Who gives two shits about multiple packages that are just going to sit on the shelf collecting dust. Maybe I'm the weird one, I bought the Blu-Ray of this, as I do with any movie when available, b/c it's actually the PQ & audio quality that I want to spend my money on. It's movies that I love, not the piece of plastic or tin they are packaged in.
Sessa,
how bout keeping your frustrations about this topic to yourself already.
Old 11-16-08, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sessa,
how bout keeping your frustrations about this topic to yourself already.
Huh!?

How about no. This is a forum called DVDTalk. And I am sharing my opionion about a DVD related topic. Sorry my opinion differs from yours, it happens, deal with it.
Old 11-16-08, 01:28 PM

Huh!?

How about no. This is a forum called DVDTalk. And I am sharing my opionion about a DVD related topic. Sorry my opinion differs from yours, it happens, deal with it.
yes, but you are sharing multiple times in multiple threads using words almost verbatim. accept it, give it a rest and move on is all i'm saying.

I am utterly baffled by this trend. Who gives two shits about multiple packages that are just going to sit on the shelf collecting dust. Maybe I'm the weird one, I bought the Blu-Ray of this, as I do with any movie when available, b/c it's actually the PQ & audio quality that I want to spend my money on. It's movies that I love, not the piece of plastic or tin they are packaged in.
I'll be honest, I'm a purist film-fanatic, I love movies, I love having people over & sharing them with friends & the technology of Blu makes that even more fun, having films I love look & sound better than ever. So I am just utterly baffled why someone would not only buy 2 versions of the same movie simply for packaging that just sits & collects dust on a shelf (sweeney todd, iron man etc), and then pay the absurdly high prices of them b/c they are from other regions. And what the film-geek in me finds so disheartening is the small (or rather) large fortune you spend on packaging, rather than investing in Blu-Ray versions of the films that would provide the best audio & visual quality of a film possible, for everyone to enjoy.

Last edited by OldBoy; 11-16-08 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-16-08, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes, but you are sharing multiple times in multiple threads using words almost verbatim. accept it, give it a rest and move on is all i'm saying.
Dude, it's two freakin' posts about the same topic, big deal. In neither thread did I talk about anyone specifically & in both threads there are people agreeing with me. You are the one dwelling on it to the point where you knew which thread I made that other post in & even rememberd that my one sentence was similar I mean wow, man, I don't even know what to say to that.

Sorry, next time I will remember to change my terminology & consult a thesaurus before shaing my opinions, knowing you will be checking & cross referencing them.

There are thousands of posts here criticing & making fun of things I love, & disagreeing w/ my opions. I couldn't care less, ITS THE POINT OF A FORUM. Stop crying & trying to dictate what people post, just b/c their feelings don't match up with yours.
Old 11-16-08, 01:50 PM

Sorry, next time I will remember to change my terminology & consult a thesaurus before shaing my opinions, knowing you will be checking & cross referencing them.
great, thanks!
Old 11-16-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Looks like Sessa hit a sensitive nerve. If his comments bother you, maybe it's because deep down you know they're true. just sayin'...
Old 11-16-08, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rated_R_Outlaw
No, it's mostly just longer conversations and more flashbacks and the like. While owning both, I would say that the new cut (and Miike cut it, not the studio) is a definite improvement, and actually makes the movie more tolerable.
Old 11-16-08, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
Looks like Sessa hit a sensitive nerve. If his comments bother you, maybe it's because deep down you know they're true. just sayin'...
nahh. i have pretty thick skin and very secure in my dvd collecting habits, everyone has their opinions and are very entitled, just doesn't have to be mentioned over and over is all, but i do appreciate your helping hand.

my last comments were merely trying to diffuse in a humorous way and move on.

Last edited by OldBoy; 11-16-08 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-17-08, 11:48 AM

I'm just going to get wahtever version offered at COlumbia House. I have soured on this title.
Old 11-17-08, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
I'm pretty sure all (or most of) the Extras from the multiple DVD versions are on BD-Live. There were about 6 or 7 featurettes (about the effects, guns, multiple Q and A's) the last time I checked.
Can someone confirm that all the extras are on BD-Live? After not finding any copies of the steelbooks at Best Buy all week, I stumbled across a store with all three and I picked them up, using the 10% off coupon too. But if the extras are on BD-Live, I'll be ambivalent about sticking to the Blu-Ray instead of expanding my exclusive bonus disc collection.
Old 11-25-08, 02:27 PM

f.y.e. in Redwood City, CA has all three versions of the steelbook for sale for $11.99.