DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

New "Friday the 13th" Box Set in the Works?

Old 08-07-08, 04:54 PM

New "Friday the 13th" Box Set in the Works?

http://www.dreadcentral.com/story/ex...y-13th-box-set

Let's hope fans finally get what they've wished for...but then again, this IS Paramount we're talking about...
Old 08-07-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for that info! Paramount should change its name to Anchor Bay for all its Friday the 13th milking. I'm hoping for a Director's Re-Cut of Part VII: The New Blood with the full death scenes actually incorporated. A red-blue analyglyphic 3-D version of Part III would be fun too. How about a release trailer for part VI (as opposed to the teaser trailer). And How about the teaser trailer for part VIII with Frank Sinatra song? Ooh, even the full uncut part 1 could be included! I would like to see the part III original ending too.

Last edited by Disc-Flipper; 08-07-08 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-07-08, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Disc-Flipper
Thanks for that info! Paramount should change its name to Anchor Bay for all its Friday the 13th milking. I'm hoping for a Director's Re-Cut of Part VII: The New Blood with the full death scenes actually incorporated. A red-blue analyglyphic 3-D version of Part III would be fun too. How about a release trailer for part VI (as opposed to the teaser trailer). And How about the teaser trailer for part VIII with Frank Sinatra song? Ooh, even the full uncut part 1 could be included! I would like to see the part III original ending too.

I remember being really upset that the box set from paramount was rather lackluster compared to what fans were expecting. Despite that I still purchased it because I wanted to own the films. I'll probably be passing on this unless the features are out of this world and its on blu as well.
Old 08-07-08, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

With the remake coming, this was inevitable.
Old 08-07-08, 05:52 PM

Good to hear, I was about to buy the original box set. They better have the uncut versions though...
Old 08-07-08, 06:23 PM

I already bought the last set, which I thought was really good. It would be nice to have all of the films, but I guess there are some rights issues. The extras they had were pretty good, so this one would have to be something pretty special for me to break out the wallet again.
Old 08-07-08, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh fuck yea! Fantastic news! I owned all the single dis editions, so I held off on the box set when I saw it was kinda weak. I want all the extras, but they're not worth $45. Hopefully this new box is as jam packed as they're saying. I'll buy it for sure. I just want them to make all the films as uncut as possible, especially part 7.
Old 08-07-08, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's funny, the only Jason movies from Paramount I REALLY liked are the ones where he's a Zombie: VI, VII, and VIII.
Old 08-07-08, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'd like a commentary on all the films. Including a scene specific commentary by Sean Cunnigham on part 1
Old 08-07-08, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I pre-ordered the first set for $25 thanks due to a thread here on DVD Talk.

What I want:

- Uncut presentations.
- Better picture and audio quality. I don't want two films on a disc like the last outing.
- 3D version of Friday the 13th: Part 3.
- A comprehensive documentary detailing all eight Paramount films.
- The advertising material (trailers, television spots, the whole nine yards).
Old 08-07-08, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
I pre-ordered the first set for $25 thanks due to a thread here on DVD Talk.

What I want:

Actually the bonus disc on the current box set already has this with new interviews with some of the cast members. I believe the documentary is almost 2 hours long.

However, I do agree that each movie needs to be re-released uncut with new audio commentaries. 2 movies per disc is ridiculous.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-07-08 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-07-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Well, here's hoping. However, I think we're all going to end up very disappointed.
Old 08-07-08, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I, too, have held off on the previous boxset. If this one delivers, I'll bite.
Old 08-07-08, 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
What I want:

- Uncut presentations.
- Better picture and audio quality. I don't want two films on a disc like the last outing.
- 3D version of Friday the 13th: Part 3.
- The advertising material (trailers, television spots, the whole nine yards).
Plus:
- OAR
- Originial Poster Art [none of this hockey mask on the first movie bullshit - it comes out during #3] The art can be separate cards on the inside for all I care but NO mask 'till pt3! You can put the mask on the outside of the main box, in fact, make the whole set with a hockey mask replica (as a handle for the box) on the front that flips up to reveal the discs inside.
- Lobby Card Sets
- Original Soundtracks in addition to new mixes

Last edited by cracksky; 08-07-08 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-07-08, 11:08 PM

I want unedited films It's why I don't own the original set. I have a bootleg of 3 that has the 3d intact.... So I can live if that isn't on the set.
Old 08-08-08, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
It's funny, the only Jason movies from Paramount I REALLY liked are the ones where he's a Zombie: VI, VII, and VIII.
Same here. VI was by far my favorite, and the only one I currently own on DVD. While I didn't like VII's plot, my God did Jason look bad-ass in that one!

I'll only bite if the movies are uncut. Charge whatever you want for it. If Paramount wants to make some serious dough from the die hard fans, release the movies uncut!
Old 08-08-08, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
Well, here's hoping. However, I think we're all going to end up very disappointed.
Agreed. I would be stunned of any of the films are uncut.
Old 08-08-08, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Agreed. I would be stunned of any of the films are uncut.
It's amazing, the Friday the 13th films were very successful for Paramount during the 80s and then they made too many and the films got worse and worse and they got rid of the series, selling it to New Line.

They made 2 disc sets for all the Star Trek movies, why can't they just do that for the Friday the 13th films?
Old 08-08-08, 05:46 AM

And please, also release a Blu-ray version. That would not only make my day, but the entire year.
Old 08-08-08, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Monkees
They made 2 disc sets for all the Star Trek movies, why can't they just do that for the Friday the 13th films?
I don't think each film warrants a two-disc set, except Part III for the inclusion of the 3-D version.

They can put all the extras on two discs just reasonably.
Old 08-08-08, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by cracksky
Original Soundtracks in addition to new mixes
Not to shit on your ideas or anything, but I doubt many people will want the soundtrack to ALL of the movies.
Old 08-08-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by TheDuke
Not to shit on your ideas or anything, but I doubt many people will want the soundtrack to ALL of the movies.
I think he means, if the film audio was originally mono, mono in addition to any new 5.1 mixes.

I too will spring for Unrated cuts. And IV is the best. Crispin Glover dancing, random banana girl kill, hot naked twins, Corey Feldman, corkscrew/headstand bloodletting and more.
Old 08-08-08, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just give me the damn Blu-ray versions
Old 08-08-08, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
Just give me the damn Blu-ray versions

I own the box set and although it does have some things that need work on; owning these movies on Blu-ray is what I want. Despite having 2 movies on one disc and the movies not being uncut the set was pretty good. I thought the bonus features on the last disc were plentiful, but I can see some fans wanting more.

Re-mastering all these movies in HD, commentaries on all them, extra content and the movies all uncut on Blu-ray would be great. Hopefully news comes that a BD version will be available the same day. The remake of Friday the 13th will hit Blu-ray for sure, so if they don't release a BD box set of all the movies when this DVD set hits the stores; they could release it the same date as the new movie.
Old 08-08-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

who cares about BD? (I'm still bitter over Firefly BD getting extras that aren't on regular DVD's). I would like remastered versions that aren't on flippers.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.