Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

New "Friday the 13th" Box Set in the Works?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

New "Friday the 13th" Box Set in the Works?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-09, 09:26 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New "Friday the 13th" Box Set in the Works?

I doubt they did, but it would have been cool if they offered a "Jump to a 3-D death" feature so you could just watch those sequences by themselves, rather than the entire movie. Watching a full film with red/blue 3D gives me a headache.
Old 01-20-09, 10:00 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Torchur317
It was announced awhile ago unless they changed their mind,I'm sure Gizmo can confirm....
Yep, you can watch the film the "regular" way or in 3D with the included glasses. The only other feature is a Theatrical Trailer (which is not mentioned on the case)

Originally Posted by sb5
I doubt they did, but it would have been cool if they offered a "Jump to a 3-D death" feature so you could just watch those sequences by themselves, rather than the entire movie. Watching a full film with red/blue 3D gives me a headache.
Ya know, that would have been neat and something I would have loved to see (I'm not watching the whole film in 3D). But alas, its not here - unless its a secret hidden easter egg I couldn't find on the very simple menu
Old 01-20-09, 10:01 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DJariya
Does it have to be the crappy Red-Blue Paper glasses? Would it work if I used the 3-D glasses I got from seeing My Bloody Valentine?

I tried watching a 3-D episode of Medium a year or so ago with the Red-Blue glasses and honestly the effects didn't look that great and were barely noticeable.
I'm planning on seeing MBV soon (couldn't make it out this weekend) and you can bet I'll give it a shot! I'm tempted to bring my F13 3D glasses to the screening and see if anyone notices.
Old 01-20-09, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That wouldn't work well, since the Real D glasses use circular polarization while the older ones used linear polarization. Besides, the Real D glassesa re much more comfortable than the cardboard type.
Old 01-20-09, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm just happy to be getting this movie in 3D finally!
Old 01-20-09, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Phillips
That wouldn't work well, since the Real D glasses use circular polarization while the older ones used linear polarization. Besides, the Real D glassesa re much more comfortable than the cardboard type.
Truth. Real D glasses are sunglasses style, plastic. They don't fall off your face every time you move either. Big improvement over the old style 3d
Old 01-20-09, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still got my 3-D glasses from 1983 how cool is that!
I will used them when DvD hits the stores.
Old 01-20-09, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Umm could someone tell me if the new box set includes all the movies?
Old 01-20-09, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Larry C.
Umm could someone tell me if the new box set includes all the movies?
What new boxset? The previous one (Crystal Lake) was Part I - VIII. Newline owns the rights to Jason Goes the Hell, X and Freddy vs Jason. We will never get a complete collection unless Paramount buys the rights to those.
Old 01-20-09, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
What new boxset? The previous one (Crystal Lake) was Part I - VIII. Newline owns the rights to Jason Goes the Hell, X and Freddy vs Jason. We will never get a complete collection unless Paramount buys the rights to those.
Ok so the new one coming next month is for I to VIII?
Old 01-20-09, 03:58 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Larry C.
Ok so the new one coming next month is for I to VIII?
I had no idea there was a boxset coming out at all (the thread was created before any announements). AFAIK, I-III in Feb and IV-VI in June-ish. I imagine Paramount will release VII and VIII in October as well.
Old 01-20-09, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I believe so. I think Paramount considers the 3-D version to be a "bonus feature", hence the lack of any actual bonus features.
Thanks.
Old 01-20-09, 04:23 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 939 Likes on 787 Posts

I had no idea there was a boxset coming out at all (the thread was created before any announements). AFAIK, I-III in Feb and IV-VI in June-ish. I imagine Paramount will release VII and VIII in October as well.
but again, not in a boxset. they are individual releases on all i believe.
Old 01-20-09, 04:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no problem and, in fact, enjoy watching an entire film in 3D. I loved Part 3 when I saw it in its initial run in the theaters. The best 3D effect was the person swinging a big pole while hanging laundry at midnight. Unfortunately, the DVD will feature the red/blue style which wasn't how it was presented in the theaters.
Old 01-20-09, 04:42 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pizza
I have no problem and, in fact, enjoy watching an entire film in 3D. I loved Part 3 when I saw it in its initial run in the theaters. The best 3D effect was the person swinging a big pole while hanging laundry at midnight. Unfortunately, the DVD will feature the red/blue style which wasn't how it was presented in the theaters.
Yep, that scene freaked me out along with the baseball bat.
Old 01-20-09, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

oh ok. Thx

but again, not in a boxset. they are individual releases on all i believe.
Thx guys I thought they might be coming out with a new box set.
Old 01-21-09, 11:55 AM

Might be a stupid question, but can anybody list the additional scenes that will be part of the original uncut version? I looked in the thread and via google and can't find a list - also are these not on the disc on the boxset as extras (I can't remember)
Old 01-21-09, 01:16 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
Might be a stupid question, but can anybody list the additional scenes that will be part of the original uncut version? I looked in the thread and via google and can't find a list - also are these not on the disc on the boxset as extras (I can't remember)
Its 10 seconds of extra gore. No extra "scenes" really. Kevin Bacons death looks to be the most dramatic addition.
Old 01-21-09, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From what I recall the additional 14 seconds consist of the extended Kevin Bacon death, a lingering shot of Annie with the axe in her face and Mrs. Voorhees headless body flailing her arms.
Old 01-21-09, 05:43 PM

Technically, Marcie gets the axe in the face and Annie gets the slit throat, which are both just a second or two longer.

Old 01-21-09, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
From what I recall the additional 14 seconds consist of the extended Kevin Bacon death, a lingering shot of Annie with the axe in her face and Mrs. Voorhees headless body flailing her arms.
Correct. Those scenes are present in the uncut R2 WB disc. Marcie slides down the wall with the axe embedded in her face, a la Twitch of the Death Nerve.
Old 01-21-09, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tellybox
Technically, Marcie gets the axe in the face and Annie gets the slit throat, which are both just a second or two longer.

Marcie... Annie... there have been too many females in the F13th for me to correctly remember, but thanks for setting me straight. Since I'm a big fan of Jason himself the first film is, admittedly, one of my least watched in the series - much as it does rock.
Old 01-21-09, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Phillips
Besides, the Real D glassesa re much more comfortable than the cardboard type.
I never was a big fan of the cardboard kind, but I have to say that the Real D pair I had for My Bloody Valentine were far from comfortable. They felt very tight on my head and left a a big red mark across the bridge of my nose for quite awhile after I took them off. The rigid plastic just made them very uncomfortable to me. But I must say that the Buddy Holly look at least doesn't look quite as stupid as the red & blue ones.
Old 01-22-09, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Even though I originally said I wouldn't double-dip on Part 1 (I have the R2 French release), I might have to on the Blu-Ray after the DVD Beaver review.

The price is just right as well. Won't be picking up Part 2, but I'm excited about Part 3 in 3-D
Old 01-22-09, 01:50 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Liontamer
I never was a big fan of the cardboard kind, but I have to say that the Real D pair I had for My Bloody Valentine were far from comfortable. They felt very tight on my head and left a a big red mark across the bridge of my nose for quite awhile after I took them off. The rigid plastic just made them very uncomfortable to me. But I must say that the Buddy Holly look at least doesn't look quite as stupid as the red & blue ones.
Really? They werfe fine on my face, I had seen Journey to the Center of the Earth that way too, but the 3D effects in Valentine were far better!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.