Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 11-11-08

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-08, 02:08 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
This is from the Target Weekly Ad thread in the DVD Bargain forum. I picked mine up this morning, and let me say, the Target Exclusive is well worth it:

This is my reply in response to the question posed:

Exactly the same for the 2-Disc DVD. The Target Exclusive is very nice. I'm very glad I went with it! Plus, I used the $3.00 off coupon from Papa John's, so, I got it for $19.99 plus tax.

The book is awesome. The Preface is by Steven Spielberg, with the Foreword by Harrison Ford.
That's the edition I got today. I have not seen the movie yet though. I'm a little busy with college and work.
Old 10-14-08, 02:58 PM

i am willing to pay someone $5 via paypal just for the lenticular cover, dont need the dvd..... just the slip cover
Old 10-14-08, 03:04 PM

Ok, I just got back from Wal-Mart and Blockbuster. The Wal-Mart lenticular cover is a must-have if you already own the other 3 lenticular covers. As for Blockbuster, they are actually giving you the other 3 lenticular covers with the 2-disc version, but you don't get the Crystal Skull lenticular cover.
Old 10-14-08, 05:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
picked up the Target exclusive. Pretty neat book!
Old 10-14-08, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Also got the Target exclusive. The book is very nice...well worth it IMO.
Old 10-14-08, 05:37 PM

I just got my Target Exclusive on Bluray. Love this packaging. They had about 8 blurays left today around 4pm. I also stop by FYE to pick up the SD Steelbook, but they had over 30 copies sitting there. I'll wait til Friday (payday) to pick it up. The Target Edition is a must buy. It's really cool. I was so disappointed with the Steelbook and the Crystal Skull at BB. But, I'm a big steelbook collector so I have to at least have it in my collection.
Old 10-14-08, 05:40 PM

So the steelbook isn't as nice as the Target book? I'm debating between those two versions. I have between now and the time I get off work to decide.
Old 10-14-08, 05:41 PM

Picked up the 1 disc at Circuit City. They wouldn't take the $3 Papa John's coupon at all.
Old 10-14-08, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DarthPrime
Picked up the 1 disc at Circuit City. They wouldn't take the $3 Papa John's coupon at all.
That's so stupid! Why wouldn't they take it? It doesn't have any restriction. If I were you, I would have told Circuit City to shove it, and they would have lost a sale. But, that's me. Of course, I wouldn't have went to Circuit City, since they are literally the worst retailer.
Old 10-14-08, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by DarthPrime
Circuit City does not accept a manufacturers coupon. The two near where I live have signs that say that don't accept them.
Old 10-14-08, 07:39 PM
Cool New Member

I ended up getting the Steelbook from FYE and it is very cool indeed. Also, FYE did accept that Papa John's coupon and, as someone else said earlier, there's a $7.00 rebate. Sweet! Oh yeah, they took the $3.00 off the sale price too, not the regular price.
Old 10-14-08, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't have a $3.00 coupon for the Steelbook, but I did buy three used CDs, two were priced at $2.99 and the third was $7.99. I didn't realize until I got home that the clerk actually gave me a buy 2 get 1 free promotion, but took off the $7.99 instead of a $2.99. It was a nice little surprise.

I'm really happy with the Steelbook. I decided to get this and the regular Blu-ray over just the Blu-ray Steelbook.
Old 10-14-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by christhn
Ok, I just got back from Wal-Mart and Blockbuster. The Wal-Mart lenticular cover is a must-have if you already own the other 3 lenticular covers. As for Blockbuster, they are actually giving you the other 3 lenticular covers with the 2-disc version, but you don't get the Crystal Skull lenticular cover.
say what now?!
Old 10-14-08, 08:20 PM

The Target exclusive book does look nice but I refused to buy it based on principle. The Target ad states:

"ONLY AT TARGET!*
Blu-ray and Deluxe DVD have hours of bonus content and collectible packaging with 80 pages of behind-the-scenes photos."

I went to the store thinking based on the ad that the dvd would have exclusive content, perhaps an extra MO featurette. The price displays also state: "Target exclusive. Hours of bonus content, etc."

True it has the book and packaging, but there is no "hours of bonus content" exclusive to Target. All I wanted was a $2 price match to Wal-Mart's 2-disc price. I spoke with the manager and he basically said I read it wrong and take a hike. Some of you may flame me for griping over $2 and not just getting it for the "great" book but it has nothing to do with $2 or the book.
Old 10-14-08, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought Target had a no-pricematching policy?
Old 10-14-08, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Target does not price match. You were wasting your time bitching about $2.
Old 10-14-08, 08:36 PM

I know they don't price match but the manager has the authority to give a "customer satisfaction" discount and not call it a price match. Again, I wasn't bitching about $2, I was bitching about making the concerted effort to go to Target to get the exclusive hours of bonus content stated in their flyer.
Old 10-14-08, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
Manager was right. You did read it wrong and you knew it going in. If there was a period instead of the word "and" after "hours of bonus content" then you'd have a case.
Old 10-14-08, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by RagingJake21
Anyone get the BB giftset wondering if its worth it?

Thanks

Bestbuy raped Indiana Jones

Old 10-14-08, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Manager was right. You did read it wrong and you knew it going in.If there was a period instead of the word "and" after "hours of bonus content" then you'd have a case.
First off, that satement makes no sense. I did read it wrong and I knew I read it wrong going in? If I knew I read it wrong then that means I read it right.

And about your syntax argument. Not when it follows "ONLY AT TARGET!" You can replace the word "and" with a comma and have it read "Blu-ray and Deluxe DVD have hours of bonus content, collectible packaging, and 80 pages of behind-the-scenes photos." That does not change the context or meaning of the statement and is grammatically correct. When it follows "ONLY AT TARGET!" you are listing what is available only at target. It should have read:

Blu-ray and Deluxe DVD have hours of bonus content and EXCLUSIVE collectible packaging with 80 pages of behind-the-scenes photos.

That said, please don't question my character and accuse me of knowinlgy going in and trying to squeeze them for $2. That's ridiculous. I didn't even end up buying the thing because of principle and I could care less for the book. Wal-Mart is much closer to my home while being $2 cheaper anyway so why would I knowingly do that? The manager couldn't even explain what the thing read. He was just being a jerk.

Anyway, I don't want to hi-jack this thread. Just wanted to let others who are thinking there are hours of exclusive content at Target that there isn't, even though the ad and price displays state so.
Old 10-14-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 960 Likes on 667 Posts
Originally Posted by xage
Bestbuy raped Indiana Jones

What does that even mean?

Thanks for the pictures. I really don't know where to go on this one. Probably not the BB set because I'm not sure I really want that crystal skull and the GC is only $25 this time. The steelbook is always a good option but it doesn't look nearly as good as the iron man one at least from the pictures. The Target book really looks good and I'm leaning more on that one.
Old 10-14-08, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 960 Likes on 667 Posts
Originally Posted by dEEahn20
First off, that satement makes no sense. I did read it wrong and I knew I read it wrong going in? If I knew I read it wrong then that means I read it right.

And about your syntax argument. Not when it follows "ONLY AT TARGET!" You can replace the word "and" with a comma and have it read "Blu-ray and Deluxe DVD have hours of bonus content, collectible packaging, and 80 pages of behind-the-scenes photos." That does not change the context or meaning of the statement and is grammatically correct. When it follows "ONLY AT TARGET!" you are listing what is available only at target. It should have read:

Blu-ray and Deluxe DVD have hours of bonus content and EXCLUSIVE collectible packaging with 80 pages of behind-the-scenes photos.

That said, please don't question my character and accuse me of knowinlgy going in and trying to squeeze them for $2. That's ridiculous. I didn't even end up buying the thing because of principle and I could care less for the book. Wal-Mart is much closer to my home while being $2 cheaper anyway so why would I knowingly do that? The manager couldn't even explain what the thing read. He was just being a jerk.

Anyway, I don't want to hi-jack this thread. Just wanted to let others who are thinking there are hours of exclusive content at Target that there isn't, even though the ad and price displays state so.

Well I do agree with you that the target ads do tend to be misleading and several people have been fooled into thinking that there is a bonus disc of content or something.
Old 10-14-08, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
The Target Exclusive Blu-Ray packaging is pretty sweet.

I didn't have any interest in the movie and I'm ashamed to say the packaging has me wanting to check out the movie
Old 10-14-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by tanman
What does that even mean?
I got caught up with Southpark's take on the latest Indiana Jones
Old 10-14-08, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got my steelbook today and put the lenticular cover over it... very nice match to the other three. Glad steelbooks fit in the slipcovers.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.