Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

the Batman movies from 1989-1997

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-08, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The R2 covers for these movies are infinitely better than the R1 covers.
Old 07-25-08, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
The 2 discs are apparently back in print. I ordered one new from Amazon for 20 bucks.
Of the Burton films? They still show out of stock for me. I sold my pair of those for $75 the other day, but if they come back in stock I might pick them up again.
Old 07-26-08, 09:38 PM

On the Amazon Batman 2-disc listing:

Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
That's a new one.
Old 07-26-08, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rasputin music still has all the 2 discer's and box set on the shelves new and used. Picked up Batman Forever new for $12.99 yesterday. They have them used for $9.99 each. For some reason Batman and Robin is $19.99. Guess they want to charge more for the crappiest film of the series.
Old 07-26-08, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Egon's Ghost
On the Amazon Batman 2-disc listing... That's a new one.
They did the same thing with Soylent Green right after Charlton Heston died. Took about 3 months before they actually got any in-stock.
Old 07-26-08, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
Rasputin music still has all the 2 discer's and box set on the shelves new and used. Picked up Batman Forever new for $12.99 yesterday.
Why only Batman Forever? New Batman Anthology sets are selling fast on Amazon for over $150 apiece.
Old 07-27-08, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kory
The R2 covers for these movies are infinitely better than the R1 covers.
Amen. I just got a look at the covers. They're so cool they make owning "Batman & Robin" look like a good idea.
Old 07-27-08, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
Why only Batman Forever? New Batman Anthology sets are selling fast on Amazon for over $150 apiece.
I already have the first two films which i picked up there. Didnt even think of getting the set. I may have to go back and check it out and sell it
Old 07-27-08, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow! I had no idea these had gone up in value so much. I bought all four of the 2 disc special editions last May when Deep Discount had them on sale for $10.38 each and free shipping. I already had the "Legacy" box set, and was going to put it up for sale on Half.com at the time but the prices were in the single digits for it so I never bothered. NOW I see used copies of it are selling for $40-$80!
Old 08-02-08, 11:42 PM

Name one.
About a month ago at Tower.com though if you check it now its sold out.
Old 08-03-08, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by xage
Anthology can still be bought at around $50 and available in most e-tailers. While Legacy has been long gone OOP .. 4yrs I guess.
Name one.
Oh, here is another one.. and its at Barnes & Noble:

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/...9716599/?itm=1

As for me, if one looks for a very "rare" boxset of Batman, this is the one to get.. it went OOP since 2004

Al_Tahoe, can you name one that still sells Batman Legacy sets?
Old 08-03-08, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Even if the Legacy set is rare, why would anyone want it? Barebones and poor transfers.
Old 08-03-08, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I doubt that it would even ship from B&N since it says it wont ship for 1-2 weeks, and a lot of the time that means that they don't have it, and likely wont have it.

And as for the Legacy set, no one cares about that one other than collectors who just have to have every single Batman release, a trend that I'll never totally understand unless you just collect various Batman items anyway. People are wanting the Anthology because it's the best releases of the flicks, full of special features, and it's not just collectors wanting that one.
Old 08-03-08, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rizor
Even if the Legacy set is rare, why would anyone want it? Barebones and poor transfers.
I agree. Batman Returns looks a million times better in the new version.
Old 08-03-08, 09:28 PM

I decided on the CH route. Of course backordered.
Old 08-03-08, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Well I just sold off my Legacy set today. I anticipate at some time in the not so distant future, I can get the Batman films again. I'll wait.
Old 08-04-08, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I unloaded my Anthology just now thanks to this thread. I only listed it for 99.99 so I did not really try to gouge anyone. It sold in less than 12 hours. All these will be Blu-Ray soon enough. I can really live without owning any of them, thanks to the new Batman movies they just aren't that compelling to me. The original Batman in Blu-Ray may make it back into my collection, but I doubt they all will.
Old 08-04-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by speedyray
Well, I unloaded my Anthology just now thanks to this thread. I only listed it for 99.99 so I did not really try to gouge anyone. It sold in less than 12 hours.
Yeah, this thread prompted me to sell my Batman and Batman Returns 2-discers last week. I put them up on half.com and sold them the same day for a total of $55 for both, which was quite a bit less than the other listed prices. I got them for $5 each in a Best Buy sale, so $45 profit was plenty and I didn't see the need to gouge anyone by a wider margin. That'll likely pay for the Blu-ray releases when they come out.
Old 12-04-08, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
So any idea on when these are going to be made available again?
Old 12-04-08, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I go for the original year 2000 - The Batman Legacy

The boxset was long gone OOP - I think it went OOP around 2004?
And that is precisely the point..

It got DISCONTINUED that early.. therefore the number of production for this release is RARER than the Anthology set (I go for numbers & availability more than content of DVD)

and CH got like gazillion of Anthology sets at their warehouse
Well like you said, you go for numbers and availability over content (and I also have to keep in mind who I'm talking to as well ), and that's fine. For me, I'd rather go with the best quality releases. The Legacy sets may be more rare, but the fact that the chapter menus don't even include all the chapters for the first movie, let alone any other content, is enough for me to pass.

Originally Posted by jjcool
So any idea on when these are going to be made available again?
Well, Batman is scheduled to be released on Blu-Ray in March of '09 (along with the others in the Anthology set, I would assume). I would guess that the standard DVDs would be rereleased at that time as well.
Old 12-04-08, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468
Well, Batman is scheduled to be released on Blu-Ray in March of '09 (along with the others in the Anthology set, I would assume). I would guess that the standard DVDs would be rereleased at that time as well.
But nothing officially announced as of yet? I had heard rumors of a rerelease around the Blu-ray release.
Old 12-04-08, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jjcool
But nothing officially announced as of yet? I had heard rumors of a rerelease around the Blu-ray release.
There were also rumors of putting a Complete Batman set, similar to the one WB put of Superman several years ago. It would include the 4 Batman's from the anthology, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and the documentary about Batman that was shown on A&E or the History Channel.
Old 12-04-08, 05:37 PM
Banned

Sold my (like new) Batman 2-Disc on Amazon a few days ago for $39.95

... And it sold within about 4 hours of my listing it!
Lucky you!
But did you try selling it on DVDTALK 1st?
How much of a profit did you make?
I never have tried Amazon because of their cut they take on what you sell.
Old 01-05-09, 12:04 PM
Banned

Re: the Batman movies from 1989-1997

Apparently, this are being re-released on 2/10/09 according to thedigitalbits.com:

Speaking of Warner, the studio has just set National Geographic's Kingdom of the Blue Whale for DVD and Blu-ray release on 3/31. The studio has also just solicited the previous standard and special edition DVD versions of the older Batman feature films (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman & Robin and Batman Forever) for re-release on 2/10. This COULD mean that the Blu-ray versions we reported on back in November (and which are already announced for release in Japan) are soon to be announced for U.S. release on that date as well. We've got the proper inquiries in and we'll let you know what we learn.
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
Old 01-05-09, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: the Batman movies from 1989-1997

That's good news. Despite vowing that I would never own the original films in light of the awesomeness of the two most recent films, I might take this back and pick up the first three, provided the cover art is good and the features intact.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.