Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-09, 07:52 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

Originally Posted by Toddarino
Looks like Savage Streets is back in print again after being OOP for a couple months.

When Amazon says "Usually ships within 8 to 11 days." - that usually means they don't actually have it in stock. Their system can also sometime change from that kind of status to simply "discontinued" as we saw earlier, but it usually means the same thing and there's no real reason why it fluctuates like that. If anyone actually gets one of these "SAVAGE STREETS" from Amazon at this point, please let us know - as I still want one myself! I doubt they'll ever ship, though.
Old 05-22-09, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, is Navarre distributing the newer titles? If so, won't they re-release the OOP discs at some point, hopefully?
Old 05-22-09, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 830 Likes on 550 Posts

I did a Best Buy store inventory search and every BB in my area has it in stock. Plus the Amazon Marketplace price has dropped dramatically. About a week ago new copies were in the 40 dollar range.
Old 05-23-09, 03:18 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Toddarino
I did a Best Buy store inventory search and every BB in my area has it in stock. Plus the Amazon Marketplace price has dropped dramatically. About a week ago new copies were in the 40 dollar range.
I tried the Best Buy inventory again for my area and no stores have it in a 100 mile radius. Guess I'm in the wrong part of town.
Old 05-23-09, 11:50 PM

what's your zip code toddarino? i've punched in almost zip code, i have a friend or faimly member in to pick one up and no luck at all, almost 40, covering every major US city
Old 05-29-09, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From Code Red's blog:
Rare BRUTE CORPS screening in Seattle

Rare 35mm screening of our most recent acquisition, THE BRUTE CORPS! We are doing a brand new HiDef master from the original negatives, and extras to follow!

Photobucket

May 29 & 30, June 5 & 6

BRUTE CORPS

Dir: Jerry Jameson

1972 USA / Color, 35mm / 87min.

"Any thing they want... they take!"

A group of traveling mercenaries set stakes in a small Mexican border town where they start up a training camp. These are some seriously bad dudes (as one unlucky biker gang finds out). The mercs come across a young hippie couple on their way to nowhere in particular. After spending some time with them one of the soldiers starts to take a liking to pretty young girl. When he makes his less than good intentions known, the other soldiers get jealous and are soon locked in vicious contest to see who gets to force himself on the unwilling captive. And it just gets weirder from there! An incredibly rare and rarely seen gem of early 70's trash cinema. NEVER RELEASED ON VIDEO!
Old 05-30-09, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 619 Likes on 456 Posts

I've wanted to see this one for so long that I actually forgot about wanting to see it for so long. I'd read about this in some magazine back in the late 70's but the closest I've ever come to seeing it was buying some cheap-but-cool press kit photos a few years later in . . . well, somewhere.

The director, Jerry Jameson, has been a television mainstay since the late 50's, and still cranks out such fare to this day, but the few times he's strayed to the big screen, he's crafted some memorable pictures, including AIRPORT 77 and the criminally underrated RAISE THE TITANIC. Should be interesting to see his first theatrical on DVD, and hopefully they get him for a commentary.
Old 07-01-09, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NoirFan
According to comments on Code Red's blog, the film is The Strangeness (1985).
Yup. From their blog:
On August 18th, Code Red DVD will unleash THE STRANGENESS! It is 1980 and the price of gold is soaring. Old timers warn would be prospectors to stay away from the Gold Spike Mine. It has stood as a ghastly reminder of the horrors of a century before when the earth violently shook and over twenty miners were killed, their bodies stripped of flesh. The residents of Basin City talked of the grisly murders only in whispers from which legends of The Strangeness grew. A small group of explorers innocently make their way to the Gold Spike. Only one knows the incredible secret of the mine, and here the nightmare begins.....!

NIGHTMARE USA's Stephen Thrower described the film as having, "Ominous atmosphere, flashes of humour, and a truly startling monster!"

Shot in 16mm, Code Red presents the film in 16x9 widescreen (as requested by the director) from a HiDef master. Extras include 6 short films from Chris Huntley and Mark Sawicki; audio commentary from Sawicki, Huntley, and the director; on camera interviews with all three; and an extensive still gallery. MSRP is $22.98.
Old 07-02-09, 11:53 PM

If anyones still collecting this series Code Red is releasing 2 more Explotation Cinema titles and I believe they are new to DVD on 8-27
Deliver Us From Evil/The Fox Affair
Teenage Graffiti/Teenage Mother
Old 07-03-09, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JJE-187
Teenage Mother
Nice. I've been waiting on this one for a good couple decades now!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7WtLDguNSTs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7WtLDguNSTs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 07-03-09, 08:59 PM

I would like for Code Red to double up a bunch more of there original releases in the Explotation Cinema line. Im not much on special features anymore and prefer the double features. i would love for Savage Streets, Sweet Sixteen and some others re-released in the collection
Old 07-10-09, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Messiah of Evil: The Second Coming, a.k.a. Dead People (1973) on 9/13.
Old 07-19-09, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JJE-187
If anyones still collecting this series Code Red is releasing 2 more Explotation Cinema titles and I believe they are new to DVD on 8-27
Deliver Us From Evil/The Fox Affair
Teenage Graffiti/Teenage Mother
On August 25th, Navarre and Code Red will release two enticing double feature DVDs as part of their “Exploitation Cinema” series. First off will be the 1978 Blaxploitation film DELIVER US FROM EVIL, along with FOX AFFAIR. The former will have a new anamorphic widescreen transfer and the disc will retail for $14.98. Also coming out the same day is a double disc of exploitation "teenage" classics: TEENAGE GRAFFITI and TEENAGE MOTHER. These two titles will be presented anamorphic widescreen and TEENAGE MOTHER will feature a comedic commentary with Cinema Head Cheese (www.cinemaheadcheese.com). This will retail for $19.98.
Old 07-19-09, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

and TEENAGE MOTHER will feature a comedic commentary with Cinema Head Cheese
Great. More wannabe comedians.
Old 07-19-09, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brian T
Great. More wannabe comedians.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of such commentaries either.
Old 07-19-09, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I really wish they'd release Starcrash as they planned to do
Old 07-30-09, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From DVD Drive-In:
Brian Trenchard-Smith is proud to present STUNT ROCK on DVD. The cult classic that is playing at midnight shows across the States is finally coming out on DVD in an official two-disc 30th Anniversary limited edition from Code Red. Australia's premier stuntman, Grant Page, meets up with fellow daredevil Cutis Hyde. Hyde does stunt work for a theatrical rock band called Sorcery, and Page impresses the rockers so much with his daredevil antics that they hire him as well. Featuring non-stop action, a killer soundtrack, and a bit of romance on the side, STUNT ROCK is an adrenaline-filled cult classic that is sweeping the midnight circuit! Limited to only 1,500 copies, this deluxe two-disc 30th Anniversary limited edition contains two audio commentaries, the trailer, Trenchard-Smith at the Alamo Draft House featurette, interviews with Trenchard- Smith, Smokey Huffs, Richard Blackburn, Martin Fink, Perry Morris, the Trenchard-Smith short film STUNTMAN, and much more! Suggested retail price is $29.98. Street date is August 25th!
Old 08-04-09, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dvdbeaver reviews of THE STRANGENESS and THE WEEKEND MURDERS
Old 08-17-09, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From Code Red's blog:
Sultry teen vixen Bonnie (cult beauty Candice Rialson) had no idea what was in store for her when she ditched her brother and took to the road, looking for cheap thrills wherever she could find them. Violent petty criminal Pat drags her into a kinky hold-up and lesbian artist Geraldine takes Bonnie under her wing as her personal muse, but the young runaway continues to crave adventure, leading her down a twisted path to a psychosexual encounter with Vincent, a collector of beautiful objects who wants to add her to his permanent collection... Co-starring Joan Blackman (MACON COUNTY LINE) and Ed Bishop ("UFO") in his wildest screen role, you've never seen anything like Pets! Play with them, fondle them, but beware...Pets bite!

One of the most outrageous and enjoyable films starring 70s drive-in icon Candice Rialson, Pets finally makes its long-awaited DVD debut with a new 16x9 transfer from ultra-rare print elements! This DVD is limited to 1500 copies. Enter the cage if you dare! MSRP 19.98 Street date 10/13
It seems as if all of their DVDs have been limited to 1500 copies. Pets is one I've been curious about ever since I saw it's poster in the Incredibly Strange Films book years ago.
Old 10-12-09, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rituals will be released on 11/17

Old 10-12-09, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
Rituals will be released on 11/17
That's amazing news! I'm assuming a suitably good master of the film was found somewhere. I hope it's uncut. It was previously rumoured that no good copy could be found, so I ended up buying the piece of crap from Synergy, which turned out to be nothing more than the old muddy, unintelligible VHS version transferred to DVD.

Messiah of Evil has been delayed until 10/27.
Old 10-13-09, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
That's amazing news! I'm assuming a suitably good master of the film was found somewhere. I hope it's uncut. It was previously rumoured that no good copy could be found, so I ended up buying the piece of crap from Synergy, which turned out to be nothing more than the old muddy, unintelligible VHS version transferred to DVD.
According to the Amazon listing "Un-cut and uncensored from a vault element from the producer!" Although, the PQ of Code Red's past releases has been spotty to say the least.
Old 10-13-09, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by JackBurton
According to the Amazon listing "Un-cut and uncensored from a vault element from the producer!" Although, the PQ of Code Red's past releases has been spotty to say the least.
Hmm, we'll see then, but it can't possibly be worse than the Synergy release, which was a crime, really. There should be a law against releasing shit quality like that on an official basis. It was no better than a copy I recorded off a VHS rental some 15+ years ago.
Old 10-29-09, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

DVD Beaver on Stunt Rock
Old 10-30-09, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...ah_of_evil.htm

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.