DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/530572-code-red-releasing-horror-sleaze-titles-fall-08-including-savage-streets.html)

NoirFan 04-29-08 04:59 PM

Code Red releasing horror/sleaze titles fall 08, including Savage Streets!

From Fangoria.com:

"BCI also revealed dates for a number of vintage shockers coming from the Code Red company. Arriving August 26 is THE UNSEEN, written and directed by Danny Steinmann (under the pseudonym Peter Foleg) and starring Barbara Bach, Sydney Lassick and Stephen Furst, the latter of whom provides commentary with producer Anthony Unger. Ovidio Assonitis/Oliver Hellman’s BEYOND THE DOOR hits on September 16, with commentary by Assonitis and Eurohorror historian Nathaniel Thompson, a second talk track with star Juliet Mills, filmmaker Scott Spiegel and historian Darren Gross and interviews with Mills and actor Richard Johnson. September 23 sees the release of Jimmy Huston’s slasher opus FINAL EXAM, with commentary by and interviews with stars Cecile Bagdadi, Joel Rice and Sherry Willis-Burch, and, under the Deimos banner, Steinmann’s gang-violence opus SAVAGE STREETS, starring Linda Blair and Linnea Quigley.
Tentative dates are also in place for Alan Rudolph’s TERROR CIRCUS, a.k.a. BARN OF THE NAKED DEAD (Oct. 14) and William Asher’s BUTCHER, BAKER, NIGHTMARE MAKER (Oct. 21, with commentary by/interview with star Susan Tyrrell); BCI aims to have a special edition of William Grefe’s STANLEY out on the Deimos label on the 21st as well. There will likely be more extras than those mentioned here, and all the discs will feature new anamorphic widescreen transfers; keep your eyes here for updates and cover art!"

I'm all over an uncut Savage Streets. Apparently they're trying to get Linda Blair to participate in a documentary/commentary.

Mountain Biker 04-29-08 08:48 PM

Thanks for posting this.

Put me down for for Final Exam, Butcher Baker, Nightmare Maker (aka Night Warning) & Savage Streets :thumbsup:

Zen Peckinpah 04-29-08 10:14 PM

Been wanting to see Savage Streets. Another Class of 1984-type exploitation thriller, with John Vernon to boot! Saw the trailer on 42nd St. Forever Vol. 3, and it looks major awesome.

DRG 04-29-08 10:40 PM

Final Exam!!! :)

Jaymole 04-30-08 06:32 AM

When my family gets together, we always like to put on my Dad's old VHS copy (recorded from HBO) of The Unseen. It contains one of the most hilarious performances in a horror film from Stephen Furst who plays a mentally retarded man-child. I can't believe this is fianlly coming out on DVD with a commentary by Furst no less!!

Matthew Ackerly 04-30-08 07:40 AM

Picked up there release of "Sole Survivor"

really well done package and look forward to more releases from them.

JCWBobC 04-30-08 08:17 AM

I have the VHS release of Savage Streets but it will be nice to get it on DVD. Does anyone know what is in the uncut version?
I didn't realize that Scott Baio's friend on his reality show was the guy from Savage Streets until a few episodes in.

Bob

NoirFan 04-30-08 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah
Been wanting to see Savage Streets. Another Class of 1984-type exploitation thriller, with John Vernon to boot! Saw the trailer on 42nd St. Forever Vol. 3, and it looks major awesome.

John Vernon also has the best line in the entire film:
Spoiler:
"Go fuck an iceberg."

riotinmyskull 04-30-08 09:27 PM

really excited about all of these releases.

demonio 04-30-08 11:15 PM

We had DVD producer Michael Felsher on DEADPIT Radio discussing this a couple of weeks ago. Linda Blair has already done an interview for the Savage Streets disc...so there you go!

Norm de Plume 05-01-08 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by demonio
Linda Blair has already done an interview for the Savage Streets disc...so there you go!

Probably the only gig she could snag.

NoirFan 05-02-08 10:50 PM

Here's a list of all Code Red's upcoming/current releases from their website:

A DAY AT THE BEACH
BEYOND THE DOOR
BOARDING HOUSE
BUTCHER BAKER NIGHTMARE MAKER
CAN I DO IT... TILL I NEED GLASSES?
THE CHILLING
CHOKE CANYON
THE CURIOUS CASE OF THE CAMPUS CORPSE
THE DARK RIDE
DAY AT THE BEACH
DEAD PIT
DERBY
DEVIL TIMES FIVE
DON'T GO IN THE WOODS
DOOM ASYLUM
THE FABULOUS JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH
THE FARMER
FORCED ENTRY
THE FOREST
HOT MOVES
HUMAN EXPERIMENTS
I'M GOING TO GET YOU ELLIOT BOY
JULIE DARLING
LOVE ME DEADLY
THE MUTILATOR
NIGHTMARE
POWER PLAY
RUNNING HOT
SCHOOLGIRLS IN CHAINS
SILENT SCREAM
SOLE SURVIVOR
SPASMS
SWEET SIXTEEN
TEENAGE HITCHHIKERS
TERROR CIRCUS
TRAPPED
THE UNSEEN
THE VISITOR

steelpotato 05-02-08 11:07 PM

Seems they've lost KILL SQUAD which was on their coming soon list a while ago :(

NoirFan 05-03-08 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by steelpotato
Seems they've lost KILL SQUAD which was on their coming soon list a while ago :(

I'm not sure if the above list is a complete one, since it doesn't include Savage Streets itself, which already has an announced release date.

TomOpus 05-03-08 11:02 AM

I noticed that The Forest and Devil Time Five are in stock now at diabolik for under $10 for those that don't wanna wait for the release date.

BuddyRevell 05-03-08 01:16 PM

Hopefully "The Dead Pit" will have the VHS style light up eyes.

I picked up Sole Survivor as well...pretty good flick.

indiephantom 05-03-08 03:19 PM

Really hope they release HOT MOVES and TEENAGE HITCH-HIKERS this year. I'm also excited about SAVAGE STREETS, NIGHTMARE and BEYOND THE DOOR.

Have two of their DVDs and they're both excellent (SOLE SURVIVOR and BOARDINGHOUSE)

whovian43 05-27-08 03:14 PM

For those that are interested, I noticed there were a bunch of Code Red DVD reviews over on dvdcorner.net. I saw reviews for The Forest, Can I Do It Til I Need Glasses, Devil Times 5, Sole Survivor, BoardingHouse, etc.

Mondo Kane 06-18-08 12:56 PM

http://i25.tinypic.com/259fomo.jpg
-high definition anamorphic transfer (1.85:1) from the negative
- interviews with stars Linda Blair, Linnea Quigley, Johnny Venocur, Robert Dryer and producer John Strong
- 3 Audio Commentaries: Commentary One with actors Landi, Dryer and director of photography Stephen Posey; Commentary Two with director Danny Steinmann & Commentary Three with producer John Strong, actors Robert Dryer and Johnny Venocur.
-Theatrical trailer
-poster/photo gallery

riotinmyskull 06-18-08 01:13 PM

holy shit! a 2-disc? fuck yeah!

Matthew Ackerly 06-18-08 01:24 PM

Also, best buy has an exclusive limited 2 disc edition of The Dead Pit

Zen Peckinpah 06-18-08 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
http://i25.tinypic.com/259fomo.jpg
-high definition anamorphic transfer (1.85:1) from the negative
- interviews with stars Linda Blair, Linnea Quigley, Johnny Venocur, Robert Dryer and producer John Strong
- 3 Audio Commentaries: Commentary One with actors Landi, Dryer and director of photography Stephen Posey; Commentary Two with director Danny Steinmann & Commentary Three with producer John Strong, actors Robert Dryer and Johnny Venocur.
-Theatrical trailer
-poster/photo gallery

I haven't even seen this movie and I want this.

DirkUSA 06-18-08 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
Also, best buy has an exclusive limited 2 disc edition of The Dead Pit

Have you found this on BestBuy.com? I was trying to find it but couldn't. They just show one version and you can only order it online. No in store pickup. Looks like I have to go to Best Buy and look there.

Dirk

Matthew Ackerly 06-18-08 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
Have you found this on BestBuy.com? I was trying to find it but couldn't. They just show one version and you can only order it online. No in store pickup. Looks like I have to go to Best Buy and look there.

Dirk

I went to the store and they had only 3 copies of the 2 disc and they were buried in the horror section.

The one pictured on the website looks different then the one I got if that means anything.

DirkUSA 06-18-08 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
I went to the store and they had only 3 copies of the 2 disc and they were buried in the horror section.

Thanks, I might have to bite the bullet and take the trip to Best Buy, it sucks but I guess I can't order it online.

Matthew can you check if you can find the 2 Disker online at BestBuy.com. Maybe you can type in the SKU that's on your store receipt. I would appreciate it. It might save me a 20 mile detour tonight.

Dirk