DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Juno---------> April 15th, 2008

Old 04-16-08, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
Oh, really? So the 2-disc has more content than the 1-disc, but the bonus content is on the first disc? That's really weird. Never heard of that happening before. Odd.
I noticed that myself. I'm wondering if the 1-disc version has a bunch of unused space on it where the special features would have gone, or if the copies of the movies are different and the 1-disc version actually has a less compressed copy of the main feature.
Old 04-16-08, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
Just saw Hard Candy last night and how I don't want to see Juno anymore, that guy should have totally killed her.

LMFAO.
Old 04-17-08, 12:43 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
Just saw Hard Candy last night and how I don't want to see Juno anymore, that guy should have totally killed her.
Just watched both of these today, an Ellen Page double feature.

From the trailers and concept I thought there was a good chance of me loving both of them. But I found both to be average to mediocre.

Hard Candy was WAY too long, had mediocre dialogue, and had me actually rooting for the bad guy.

The Juno character also annoyed me a bit. Thought Cera and Garner were great, but the script is way over hyped. The Academy f-ed up that call. But the ending saved it a bit for me, so it ends up as an average film for me. I caught a few of the special features, and they were interesting. Looks like a very well done DVD.
Old 04-17-08, 08:14 PM
Cool New Member

It's pretty annoying that, like Little Miss Sunshine, Fox neglected to include the theatrical trailer for Juno, but managed to include trailers for three of their other movies and an ad for the soundtrack instead.

It always bugs me when the trailer is left off the DVD, but I find it even more irritating when the trailer is left off while other trailers are included.
Old 04-20-08, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

does anyone have any pix of this?:

i think it's a bestbuy exclusive...also pix of the t-shirt of the circuit city exclsusive are welcome.
Old 04-20-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by animatedude
does anyone have any pix of this?:

i think it's a bestbuy exclusive...also pix of the t-shirt of the circuit city exclsusive are welcome.
This same set is available at Costco for $29.99
Old 04-22-08, 12:25 PM

Did anyone of you buy "Juno" at Starbucks just because of the different cover? It's blue instead of orange stripes and comes in a slimmer case if I remember correctly.
Old 04-22-08, 01:11 PM

I just got done watching this movie an hour ago for the 3rd time in a week. I LOOOVE this movie! Only got watched 3 times in a week is because I don't want it to get over watched and plus I have TONS of other movies that need to get watched too but Juno should feel really special because no other new DVD that I ever buy gets watched more than 1 time in a week..LOL!
Old 04-22-08, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by ea12l
Did anyone of you buy "Juno" at Starbucks just because of the different cover? It's blue instead of orange stripes and comes in a slimmer case if I remember correctly.
The cover from Starbucks doesnt match the movie at all! But it is neat to see it in a different color but still it doesnt match. At least the orange tic tacs match. lol